Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Dinner Last night: Cooked some cheeseless mushroom risotto (oyster and baby portobella mushrooms, garlic, sweet onion, dry white wine & veggie broth & arborio rice).  

Side salads fresh from the garden- kale, spinach, lettuce (tomato from the store).  Annie's Salad Dressing Lemon & Chives.

Yum!

risotto *drool*

That risotto sounds delicious! I love mushrooms and oysters!

they are actually oyster mushrooms (weird I know but they were on sale for $1.50 on Managers Special at Kroger so i thought I would give them a try).  I have a blog where I posted the recipe.  If you google "sea glass stash mushroom risotto" it should come up. I made a similar recipe a few months ago Smiley Happy

-

They're so interesting!  The colors they come in are fascinating to see and the outer peel is just so unique!  It's like eating passion fruit jello that has some form of nutritional content XD

Probably, they primarily come from Vietnam, so you're most likely to find them at the Asian market.  I kinda stumbled on them by chance at the big Rosauers in this area Smiley Tongue

For dinner I went super unhealthy (but super delish) and made a Doritos Taco Bake! Basically layers of the following: taco shells ( broken in half) topped with taco meat, cheese, and Doritos! Nom nom nom

Mmmmmm You just gave me a fantastic, non-healthy Taco Tuesday idea for next week. Smiley Happy 

Umm... I'm about to start drooling.. That looks so good!!

Unhealthy but so yummy looking!

ok, I was bad and went and got myself a package of Cadbury's Digestive Biscuits.  Basically they're cookies with one side dipped in milk chocolate.  So addictive!

@lylysa --that soup looks DELICIOUS!  Must try it sometime.  I've been really into soups lately since finally learning from my mom how to make pork bone soup.

Ooooo, you'll have to share that recipe!

The fish and tomato soup is super easy to make, the hardest part is chopping up the veggies and even then it's not a big deal!

It's incredibly simple!

Boil water in a pot.

Throw in pork bones.

Throw in some ginger slices.

Simmer for 2 hours.

Throw in chopped tomatos, carrots, turnips, mushrooms optional.

Salt to taste.

Simmer for another 0.5-1 hr.

Yum!!!!!

It's the kind of soup that's even better the next day!  Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing, Drrragon! Simple, yet delish dishes are the best!

Today's a different day for me since I'm still nursing a headache and know I'll only be cooking for me.  Therefore, my motivation to cook diminishes.

Brunch: Leftover Chic-fil-A Breakfast Biscuit

Late Afternoon snack: Leftover corn on the cob, cut off the cob and heated with a little bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and some sea salt

Dinner: I'm just not sure... I have chicken to cook, but it might be a veggie fest for me.

Turned out to be: side of mac and cheese, fresh brussels sprouts, and fruit salad.

I love brussel sprouts! Haven't had them in forever, might have to pick some up at the grocery store next time!

Highlighted

I found some at the farmers' market last week and just about died of happiness.

Sooo tired. Cooked enough food for the whole weekend, here's my international menu:

Breakfast:

- moon cake (Chinese)

- dragon fruit

Lunch:

- Black bean/corn/tomato salsa + 2 sunny side up eggs (TexMex)

Dinner:

- Lentil Kofte (Turkish cold dish)

- Beef burger patties (American)

Made chicken stock, then Mushroom Bourguignon (French?) to eat tomorrow. Probably making a pineapple upside down cake tomorrow. For now, washing dishes and cleaning....>.<

Ooo, what was the filling in the moon cake?

Lotus moon cake, the kind with layered floury shell. Personally my favorite are the egg yolk ones with a yellow cake-ish shell, but those only comes out around Moon Festival.

Right!!! That's when the Asian markets get flooded with boxes upon boxes of moon cakes! 

PowerGreens. They stand up to steak or chicken over them for a quick, easy grab from the fridge. Great thread, feeding beauty from the inside out!