Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

LOL, it was very simple, I chopped & threw everything into a cast iron & walked away. 

I love mushrooms, but truffle oil is a lot richer. Black is more flavorful, white is slightly milder. I get the black truffle oil from wegmens it comes in a little bottle, all you need is a few drops. The white I purchase at Home Goods when they have it since it's a lot cheaper there. 

I don't eat french fries often, but if I see truffle fries with parmesan & rosemary on a menu I almost always order it! 

The fries I had didn't have rosemary, but they did have parmesan! Yum, I think the dishes I've ever had only used white truffle oil as I'm sure I would have noticed a difference between the fries and chips if they used different oils.

Last night my bf and I had some friends over, we made:

-Stuffed baked chicken with provolone and prosciutto

-Oven roasted asparagus spears with crushed pistachios and mozzerella

-Rosemarly garlic mashed potatoes

-Steamed broccoli

-White chocolate macadamia and mint chocolate cookies, crumbled and topped on vanilla ice cream

Yummmmmmy!

Omg Sounds Yummy!! You just made me hungry!! Time to figure out whats for lunch!! Smiley Happy

Oh, I have leftovers for lunch now! We had extra prosciutto so he wrapped some pieces of chicken with that too! *drool*

Mhm! I feel in the mood to cook! Which i'm horrible at!! 

Haha, Maybe i'll find something easy to make!

Baking chicken is super simple and so yummy! You can season it all sorts of ways!

Haha Baking Chicken is one of the very few things i can do! I love to coat Chicken tenders in the French's French Fried Onions. That stuff i soooo good! But i hate making mashed potato's and all that good stuff! But that might be for dinner tonight! 

Very asian today.

Breakfast - a peach

Lunch - Pad Thai (+ boston creme pie, ok not so asian here)

Dinner - kimchi dumpling (+moon cake)

+ jasmine tea through out the day.

I had diem sum yesterday and my friends and I loaded up on 4 pots of chrysanthemum tea!

Speaking of moon cake, pandan mooncakes are going to be dangerous to my waist line!

I beat you to the dangerous waist line! I ate 2 moon cakes yesterday, normal/palm size ones, by myself. Today's emergency measure is to share with co-worker, so I only ate half by myself. =X

You're so nice to share! Smiley Happy I bet your coworkers are hounding you for goodies!

Today I had a croissant breakfast sandwich and an enchilada with veggie rice and black beans. I think for dinner I'll make myself a greek salad and tofu stir fry with jasmine rice. My allergies are killer today so I've been consuming lots of guava tea. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Had some tasty teriyaki glazed salmon for breakfast.  Shall be having another piece for lunch.  Don't know what dinner is yet, still trying to talk the parents into doing something special for dinner, since technically it's "Fend Night", but I'm not normally off on Friday evenings, so isn't that cause for a special something?

I'm also making myself ravenous by all the Japanese snack recipes I'm digging up for testing purposes.  I'll have to remember to post pictures for you ladies Monday & Tuesday, since you're the only ones I can share with until after next Saturday.  Smiley Very Happy

I'm actually having salmon right now! Along with some brown rice and quinoa plus some oven roasted asparagus!

You just named three of my favorite foods! Now I want that meal!

lch.jpg

Just for you....pardon the very obvious bites taken from my rice/quinoa and salmon! Smiley Tongue

Oh yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

My plastic fork is super flimsy, it's making it difficult to nom through the meal quickly, haha!

Focaccia bread my 2 1/2 year old and I made this morningfoccacia.JPG

1 Reply