Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Doesn't matter if you didn't make it, don't care that it's not healthy, but will high five you for having a delicious treat! Smiley Tongue

*drools*

Not meal-related (but still food-related), but this weekend when I was grocery shopping I received quite a compliment.

I happened to be wearing this top from Loft---

Image result for loft mock turtleneck shell green

I was in getting bananas when one of the workers who was restocking fruits and veggies goes, "That green is very pretty on you! It's beautiful, like fresh produce!" Smiley Very Happy

I got a nice kick out of that!

It's a lovely top and a nice gorgeous green. I'm sure you were quite fetching in it! Smiley Happy

Thank you, DiVWA! When the top came in I was surprised it's almost of a tunic length on me (because I'm short) which I love!

I make quite a striking ugly shi.take.

P.S. SHI.TAKE is a swear word. Insult with caution.

FARMER'S MARKET HAUL TIME!!

It's been raining so much in Northern California during these past couple of months, I've been going crazy without my fresh, local, organic produce!20170216_135009.jpeg

We have Pink Lady apples in the first bowl. Garlic (yay! fresh garlic), yellow and red onions in the bowl towards the back. There's also a bag of dark raisins (for oatmeal) and a Eureka lemon (yum)

The big leafy greens are a couple types of chard.

Tomatoes on the vine.

Big fat brussel sprouts. Yukon gold, red and russet potatoes.

And the best of the bunch, the hen of the wood/maitake mushrooms as well as the ugly shi.takes. I don't discriminate, this is what they're called.

And in case anybody was wondering what almost a pound of maitake looks like, here's Henry

20170216_140333-1.jpeg

Dem mushrooms, yo....I dig it!

And dem big ol' fat brussel sprouts!!! Nice!!!!!!

Wow all of this looks so good! Right up my alley! I'm licking my chops. What do you plan to use the shrooms for?

I know, @DiVWA, this is your kind of fest!

I think of you and your helpful books whenever I go hunting for produce.

So far, I made a chard, maitake, garlic dish on the side of our lambies yesterday. Lots more to work with though. Any suggestions?

Spagetti.jpg

Tonight was Spaghetti and Ricotta Meatballs with pecorino bread. This one is ok. They didn't ship the garlic so that was a big boo. 

Image result for garlic gif

Angry garlic is angry at the lack of garlic

Bwahahaha he is cute!

Love this!!!!

I am up so I will share some foods I am eating!

Soft Chicken Tacos! Was craving these.  Well, really the sauce. 

Tacos.jpg

I like skinless dark meat which I started with spices and fresh homemade sofrito.

tacos1.jpg

Spanish style tomato sauce with Mexican spices chili and cumin. Will use the leftover sauce to start the Tortilla Soup I am making today! 

tacos2.jpg

Ready to shred!

tacos3.jpg

OMGGGGGGGGGGG @wheeeee you are killing me with all this DELICIOUS food!!! This looks amazing!!

NEED this recipe!!  And the others as well hahah But this I can make!!! We love Tacos!

@jen143xo  For your cookbook!!!!

Dat chicken....YESSSSSSS

Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

ChristinaLE totally sparked a fish craving for me last night with her mentioning of tilapia for her lunch!

Stocked up at the grocery store and decided to bake up some honey-glazed terriyake salmon!

hts.jpg

Ingredients:

-Honey

-Soy sauce

-Chili powder

-Onion powder

-Sea salt

-Fresh ground pepper

-Sesame seeds

-Corn startch/flour/tempura batter

-Sesame oil/olive oil

-Salmon portions

1. Cover a baking sheet/pan with foil and rub a bit of oil onto it so your salmon won't stick, preheat the oven to 375.

2. In the second photo, the three pieces on the right are what I prepared, using about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of honey (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you want and how many pieces you're working with). Add chili and onion powder, drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce, add in pepper and salt plus sesame seeds, once again, go off your nose and see if you need to add any other spices/ingredients to balance to your tastes. I included the corn starch/flour as a thickening agent, but this is optional, the honey makes the marinade pretty sticky, but adding a touch of the corn starch doesn't take away from the taste.

3. Rub and marinate the mix into the pieces, you can let them sit in the fridge for a bit if need be, or just transfer to the foil pan, be sure to cover/coat the pieces in the remaining marinade or keep it around to glaze them midway. They should look like picture 2 at this point.

4. Let the salmon bake for 30 minutes or more if you prefer there to be a bit of crisp to the edges.

5. The last photo is what it looks like completed. Smiley Happy Enjoy!

That looks soooo good! Will have to make this with the bf soon!

It's super yummy! I brought some to work to share with my friend!

Let me know how you and your bf like it when you get to make it!

4 Replies