cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thank you, DiVWA!

I have certainly missed it here (BT in general, and not just this food thread :P)!

But speaking of food...I've been on a huge spinach kick lately! Been sauteing spinach with mushrooms in a touch of bacon fat for flavor, adding it into my chicken soups and broths, and blending some up with my cream of mushroom/cheese sauce mixes to give a nice splash of color to pasta!

Any green is good!

Sure is!!!

I think some squirrels and caterpillars are getting to some herbs though, our chives have been gnawed down on and some of our planter boxes definitely have soil kicked out from them. I did catch a caterpillar red-handed munching on a basil leaf :P. 

Greetings from Europe! Long time no see! 😉

Made this dish for my family yesterday, and we all loved it! Wanted to try it for quite some time, but never have. Well, finally! So. very. yummy! Faux mac and cheese, with cauliflower instead of macaroni! 

macandcheese2.jpg

macandcheese.jpg

Cool! I recently had something similar that was faux alfredo sauce- with cauliflower and soy cheese. It was so good!

Ew Caulkeflower. What a mean trick to play 😛 Looks good though 🙂

Thanks, @Samtian !

Haha! “Ew cauliflower” has been me all my life ( until some years back ), so I totally get you. Then I’ve started to experiment with it at some point, and found so many different ways of preparing it to be so very delish, it is amazeballs! Now I love it! So. Many. Possibilities!

Although I'm not a melted cheese fan, it seems to go with (faux) mac and cheese! Looks lusciously yummy.

I'm convinced this is my very own personal food diary thread. Just for me, myself and I. 🙂 Today I had slow-cooked beef meatballs with a cranberry BBQ sauce. I served it over mashed cauliflower ringed by slivered purple kale.

meatballs-cranberrybbq-10-23-2016.jpg

I'm here! My cooking skills are pretty much non existent. I am however a huge lover of food. I like drooling over the foods you all make. 

Hopefully I can join you soon, @DiVWA ! So we can share this thread. Whaddya say? Willing to share? 😛

Boy that looks yummy! *droolz*

Totally looking forward to you re-joining this thread, @lyravega. It's a ghost town around here! 😉

Today was an experimental meal which may not appeal to some people here (assuming anyone on BT ventures onto this thread anymore ;)). I made beef heart. It has a slightly game-y taste but is quite pleasant (tastes better than liver). It's supposed to be served medium rare which is how I served it.

I sauteed it and served it on a salad. The salad had dandelion greens, celery bits, thinly sliced red onion, slices of Wagner apple, chopped parsley, roasted pistachios and a sweet tangy dressing. The dressing had roasted walnut oil; some splashes of lemon juice, huckleberry vinegar, coconut vinegar; and a tiny bit of Dijon mustard and bourbon-aged maple syrup. The bitter greens along with the sweet apple and dressing were a refreshing contrast to the beef heart.

beef-heart-10-22-2016.jpg

Hello! It feels like a while since I posted.

Tonight I had broiled NY steak with some carrot "fries," fresh strawberries and whole-grain amaranth.

steak-carrot-10-21-2016.jpg

Last night I had broiled grass-fed lamb chops with mashed parsnips. I needed some parsley or something green to make this plate look prettier but it was tasty nonetheless!

lamb-chops-mashedparsnip-10-21-2016.jpg

Hello! Last night we had homemade pizza with gluten-free crust. This time I tried adding some pineapple juice to the crust recipe and it turned out really good. Also tried cottage bacon for the first time, which seems to be much better (less fatty) than ham would have been.

pizza-pineapple-9-23-2016EDIT.jpg

Looks good!   I like pineapple on my pizza. Keeps everything juicy! 

Do you make the crust yourself or just do a premade one? I haven't tried to bake a crust myself yet. I normally buy Udi's brand items. Your pizza looks tasty! Need to grab a snack now haha.

Yes I do, @RainbowRae. I've been experimenting with it for some time and have been happy with the latest version. It does require pre-baking. But it seems that adding a touch of juice made it get browner on the edges, which I really like.

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that are pretty simple.  If you ever have any you want to share, I would gladly accept. I just had to remove more things from mine and my child's diet, so now I'm having to cook more from scratch again and find new meals to prepare.

When I took my kid to the doctor today, I saw some magazine called "Allergic Living" I think (something like that). I was like, "um I think I need this." I saw several recipes in there, but of course the second I'm getting into it and seeing what all was in there we got called in. I don't know if you've heard of it, but I thought I'd mention it.

I PM'd you.

Wok & Grill Night!  

Grilling/Sautéing/Simmering/Reducing/Boiling Brown Rice/chopping tons of garlic.

Who needs Take-Out?  Not us! Fresh at home in 30 minutes. 

Haricot Vert & Carrot in Chinese Brown 

Garlic Sauce

image.jpg

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken

image.jpg

Served wt Brown Rice

image.jpg

3 Replies
testing