cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Cauliflower rice? Brilliant!

Mmm I want some of those mushrooms! And the Salad minus the guac 😄

All of these dishes look super yummy! Did you make the kraut yourself? And the mushrooms and pork chops are calling my name! 😉

Drunken pork ribs ( fall-of-the-bone yumminess! ( And hubby's fave. ) ), and pastaless "pasta" salad ( also amazingly yummy ). 😉

drunkpork.jpg

drunkpork2.jpg

Oooh, that zucchini "pasta" salad looks divine!

What a nice presentation! The "pasta" salad looks very satisfying for our warmer weather. But the ribs.... they look superbly delicious! I think I'll be making some ribs soon too!

Aww, thank you, miss @DiVWA !

That "pasta" salad is surprisingly delish. I hate zucchinis, but this is really yummy, and I make it quite often.

But, off course, ribs are the best! 🙂

Time to share a few more of my meals! This time I'm sharing my afternoon snack, dinner, dessert, and this morning's breakfast (all vegan).

IMG_3459.JPG

At-work afternoon snack: lime Beanitos (tortilla chips made of navy beans), peanut butter, chopped golden delicious apple.

IMG_3476.JPG

Breakfast: Cheerios with soymilk, sliced banana, a fresh, juicy peach, and some Gevalia iced almond milk coffee.

IMG_3463.JPG

Dessert: Daiya's vegan chocolate cheesecake, Ben & Jerry's non-dairy Chunky Monkey ice cream, fresh cherries, and chocolate shell sauce.

IMG_3461.JPG

Dinner: Fresh corn on the cob, english peas, crowder peaas, quinoa with parsley and pine nuts, herbed dumplings, and homegrown tomatoes with vegan mayo (Vegenaise grapeseed variety.)

YUM YUM!!!

Got some new goodies to share!

IMG_3344.JPG

Work lunch: Brown rice, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, and spinach. Banana, mango, pear, and apricot! Yum yum #vegan ! A whole foods plant-based diet is supposed to be the healthiest diet there is! Check it out, y'all!

IMG_3382.JPG

Dinner: Vegan sausage pizza (On whole wheat pizza dough, with tomato sauce, baby kale, chopped vegan sausage [light life smart dogs], and vegan cheese [chao- coconut herb]), fresh corn that I chopped off the cob because I'm fancy like that, and a homegrown salad of our tomatoes, our neighbor's cucumbers, and some sliced olives!

IMG_3395.JPG

Lunch: Another spinach-black bean quesadilla with chopped yellow onions and homegrown tomato. Baked Lays, and a homegrown cucumber for good measure! #vegan! 🙂

IMG_3444.JPG

This is apparently my favorite work lunch! Another spinach-black bean quesadilla with onions and tomatoes, cucumber, lime beanitos tortilla chips, and  fresh mango! #vegan!

Tune in later tonight where I'll share a delicious vegan chocolate cream cheesecake with non-dairy Ben & Jerry's ice cream!

Late night dinner ( known as the second dinner in this household. I often have the third one, as well. 😄 ). A quick soup. I always have some chicken ( and bone ) broth in the freezer. ( Psyllium/almond flour ) dumplings are quick to make and yummy. Throw in some leftover pulled chicken, and fresh green peppers and scallions, and there's a yummy second dinner. 🙂

soup1.jpg

Oh my gosh, this looks sooooo good! I need to make a vegan version of this. I'm thinking of replacing the chicken broth with vegetable broth, adding in some kelp flakes and miso paste, maybe some pressed/sauteed tofu cubes!

Long time no see... I mean - post. 😉 Here's something simple and delish we had for dinner today. Meat patties ( Balkan style ) and cabbage-broccoli-cauliflower slaw. Meat patties are mix of pork and beef, so that's why they're so "pale".

ppp.jpg

Slaw was soooo yummy! And, pretty. 🙂

slaw.jpg

This looks yummy. I like idea of mixing pork with beef. I find that grass-fed beef can be a bit dry sometimes when cooked as a patty, so mixing with pork probably resolves that issue. I like how the slaw looks (well, except for the mayo, which I tend to avoid). Nice presentation. I leave a good tip to you! 😉

Thank you! 🙂

I usually always mix pork and beef when making whatever with ground meat ( unless I'm making a specific recipe that requires only this or that ). We like it better that way. And, yes, definitely not dry.

I totally understand you avoiding mayo. I tend to avoid it, too, even though I adore mayo. But... US mayo is yucky. I don't like the taste of it. So, I make my own. But, I'm not always in the mood for that, sooo....

Cute presentation! That looks like it came from a fancy restaurant!

What's the base sauce of the slaw? Is it mayo?

Aw, thank you!

Yes, it is just mayo with some onion powder, garlic powder, some spices...

Love this thread idea! You're so right- beauty has a lot to do with your health and your diet too! My skin has been so happy, clear, and the redness has gone away ever since I switched to a plant-based (AKA vegan) diet!

Do you mind if I spam some of my meals all at once?

Bokchoy and Beans

This dinner was so good! It is brown rice, Field Roast Italian (vegan) sausage, fava beans, baby bok choy, roasted red bell pepper and onions, and "oyster" mushrooms.

Vegan restaurant

That time I went to a vegan restaurant in Camden, London! I had vegan dumplings with sweet chili sauce, marinated olives, and a carrot-ginger juice! I also saw Radiohead play right after this meal, AND got ENGAGED that night at the concert!!!!!! Good times! ❤️

typical lunch

A typical lunch I eat at work: a navel orange, pickled okra, Van's everything crackers with salsa, and a spinach-black bean-basil pesto quesadilla with daiya (vegan) cheese toasted in a spinach tortilla. So good! Also, some Gevalia almond milk iced latte!

vegan pancakes

That time I made vegan pancakes for my boyfriend (who is now my fiance!!!!) Vegan pancakes with frozen berries, mango, Irish Breakfast tea with soymilk, orange juice, and soy whipped cream. The pancakes are so fluffy!

Vegan Easter Dinner

My fancy vegan Easter dinner! Chopped fresh fruit with minced mint leaves, stuffed yellow bell pepper (stuffed with brown rice, chopped herbs, and vegan chorizo), green beans, fingerling potatoes, and grilled eggplant. So good!

another work lunch vegan

Sorry, one last one and I'll stop spamming! I just can't help it! This is another typical lunch I have at work. Chopped celery, banana, strawberries, and a navel orange. Whole wheat bread sandwich with chopped cherry tomatoes, spinach, 'follow your heart' vegan mayo (grapeseed variety) and Tofurky slices. Also, carrot juice and some lemon-ginger tea. So yummy!

While I'm not vegan, this all looks yummy. And congratulations on your engagement!

The dumplings look the yummiest to me! 🙂

Thanks so much! ❤️ Yes, those dumplings were so good. I need to learn how to make those!

Today we had the leftover smoked ribs from the other night. I made a millet pilaf to go with them that had very slight vanilla taste to it, to offset the spiciness of the ribs. The broccoli is just for @lyravega (hee hee hee).

rib-leftover-6-30-2016aEDIT - Copy.jpg

I'd love to try making millet pilaf! Yum to that and the broccoli!! The broccoli looks so tender!

testing