cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I just bought some last night! Luckily the recipe only calls for 1/2 cup because that little bag was pricey haha.

Anonymous Insider

Amazon sells four packs for pretty cheap of BRM.

Ah, perfect. I may buy some more if my experiment works out well haha.

For today's lunch I made Custom designed Pizzas

IMG_20150727_163744607.jpg

Pac Man for my 6yr old son , Star for my 10yr old daughter, heart for 3yr old daughter and Hexagon for my Husband 😄 . Since the only molds left behind were boring Squares and rectangles so I rather make a Round XL pizza for myself and for anyone else who want extra bites after finishing their own.

These are too cute! What a great idea, fatimamummy! 

<3, Randee

This is amazing!

What an amazing mom and wife you are!

You'll have to make two more next time for me and lylysa.

So I'm moving in today, right???? Those are so fun!!!!! The Pac Man one looks like its going to eat your husband's pizza if he's not keeping a close eye! 😛

Dinner last night:

Paired with corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, Monterrey Jack cheese, and avocado crema (mash 1 ripe avocado with 1 or 2 generous spoonfuls of sour cream, some salt and pepper to taste, can add in lime juice, lemon pepper, and chili powder if wanted).

Dinner date tonight - south American food.  It is going to be another Turf 'n Turf night.  Like veery good night should be......

Only fitting:

20150719_181954.jpg

Grilled marinated flank steak with chimichurri sauce and Quinoa. Oh and a slice of chicken breast. Grilled veggies not in pic. 

Looks so good.

I love how you included the chicken breast into the party...

Perfect balance.

Thanks, it was delish 😄 The sauce made the plate.

I love the fresh smell you get when you are chopping all the parsley.

Fresh herbs is such a beautiful aroma! Even freshly cut garlic! I relish every time I make garlic butter and my kitchen just fills up with the scent!

I made spaghetti yesterday so that's what will be for dinner tonight, as well.

It was delicious..but sadly, I ate all of the bread before dinner came around so I might need to get some today because if I'm going to be bad, I might as well be very bad..

dinner (2).jpg

San Marzano tomatoes definitely make a difference.

They are the best.

Super quick recipe

Spoiler

Dice an onion (I used yellow)

Grate/Mince garlic (I used to big cloves, grated them because I'm lazy and its pretty efficient)

-set aside-

Brown the meat (we had lean but fatty is great; I like to salt the pan first to crisp up the edges, then I'll add olive oil, if it needs it and will pepper before I dump it in with the onions)

Heat big pot, add olive oil, onions and after a couple of minutes the garlic

Add meat once done, cover with lid for a few minutes

Add canned tomatoes (San Marzano if you've got them)

Cook the sausages; I used both Mild and Hot Italian sausages but I cooked them separately so the hot didn't get all over the mild.

Add those to the sauce, then tomato paste; cover

I ended up using water to clean out the tomato cans; it all depends on how thick you want your sauce

A little wine, let it cook off

The longer it sits, the better.

I think it was about 6 hours of simmering before we ate

I'm really looking forward to leftovers tonight..

Italian sausage!!!! Thank you for the recipe too!

Maybe it actually reads:

"A litte wine.....*sip a a little wine*, let it cook off.....*sip a little wine*" 😛

ha ha

kh.gif

Pasta.. yum. Home made, long-simmered sauces are so good!

Are they angel's hair? 

It is Trader Joe's Capellini pasta which is the same thing as angel hair....I think

IMG_7297.JPG

Diner for one last night. I made some tilapia, roasted broccoli and brown/wild rice. If anyone ever wants to visit LA I'll cook for you haha.

testing