cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

See GC? You have to come to SF Bay Area often. We even pull out nice weather just for you 😉

Good lord.

Haha, this is way too cute not to share. Hangry pigglet. 🙂

( I know the feeling! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfa3K4mQhcI

This is amazing.

Low Carb Grain Free Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone.

Effing yumm!

Made this for the first time today. I was very skeptical about this one because of the "dough"... But, this is soooo very delish, I already think about all the other goodies I could stuff it with. 🙂 Definitely a keeper.

Calzone3.jpg

Calzone4.jpg

The mention of calzones brings Ben from Parks and Rec to mind...

11667372_511118165704724_3431190408053820186_n.jpg

I made vegan chile rellenos. 

Those look delicious!! 😄

<3, Randee

Today for lunch I had some okroshka ( окрошка ), Russian cold soup made with raw crunchy veggies like cucumbers, radishes, green/spring onions... and some boiled eggs, potatoes, cooked meat ( optional )... Originally, it's made with kvass. I make it with yogurt, kefir or sour cream. There are a lot of versions and variations of this soup. I think everybody's doing it in their own way, with their own twist. Very refreshing during hot and humid summer days. 🙂

okroshka.jpg

Dinner - chicken coconut curry ( and some veggies to make it more colorful... Yeah, I have problems 😄 ), with some white jasmine rice which is my fave, but I so rarely have it because rice bothers me in general, and I avoid it most of the time. But! I friggin love rice, so... I indulge once in a while, and then I suffer. 😄 Well worth it, though! 😛 ( It's not as serious as my gluten intolerance, so... yeah... To heck with it! I enjoy it once in a while. )

Chicken coconut curry.jpg

Oh my. Both of those look amazing.

I read "raw crunchy veggies" as "raunchy veggies".

upload_1888127742348886394.gif

( Don't you just love goofy captain Picard? I love this gif! 😛 )

He's adorable

Utterly.

I have been eating Turf 'n Turf for the last two days.  I blame Lylysa for it.  And Ron Swanson.

I am in my happy place.

I had Turf 'n Turf for lunch....leftover beef stroganoff and lamb loin chops.

Mr. Swanson would approve.

Tonight we had homemade pizza. Crust is gluten-free and made first. Sauce is made the same time the toppings are prepared. First photo is of 2/3 of the pizza and second one is a slice after someone took a bite out of it.

pizza-6-2-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

pizza-6-2-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg

Oh bad Diwva,I begged you don't post my slice with a piece missing didn't i? I can't help it! It's so delish! 😉

Tonight I had leftover beef brisket. It needed a sauce so I made one up by doctoring some sugarless BBQ sauce: I added some low-sugar grape jam from TJ's, splash of sugar-free cranberry juice, about a teaspoon of Huy Fong Foods chili garlic sauce, and a dash of orange bitters. I heated this sauce then removed from the stove and added a dollop of organic tahini (to make it a bit creamy). I then mashed up some steamed organic cauliflower and added some ghee and splash of coconut milk--tastes similar to mashed potatoes. I put some slivered kale around the edges and scooped a big spoonful of sauce on top of the cauliflower. This is the result:

cauliflower-ring-6-19-2015EDIT - Copy.jpg

This might be a perfect meal right here.  I love brisket so much....and cauliflower.

You should make a cookbook Diwva. 🙂

testing