cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

They are extremely dangerous! 😉 

<3, Randee

LOL....out of all you had, just a cake photo! That looks so good, I looooooove me some lemon cake!

Happy belated!!!

I'm very late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY

That cake looks delicious.

I hope you had a wonderful time and are in store for a fantastic year!

That kitty is seriously so adorable, EvangelineDamon. I love his little feet! 

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

You are not late, I think today is actually the day. ^-^

This is what dreams are made of! yum-yum-yum

Even though you have a photo of just one piece of cake, I claim it as MINE !!!!!

Everything you made sounds like it was so delicious! Your cake looks luscious!

Thank you, DiVWA! :3 It's quite an easy recipe although time consuming. I would be happy to share my recipe for those whom I cannot bake one for.

Salmon again tonight, but I broiled it with a sauce to keep it interesting. (We try to eat salmon once or twice a week.)

The sauce was put on the salmon and onion slice and contained sugar-free orange marmalade, coconut aminos, olive oil, fennel pollen, and ground coriander. The salmon was broiled skin side up so the healthy Omega 3 fat would melt down into the fillet; the skin was crispy and yummy.

To complement the slightly sweet sauce, I put ground vanilla on the banana slices.

I drizzled some roasted hazelnut oil on the romanseco (which is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli).

salmon-2-9-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg

Tonight...

Homemade chicken broth with rice farina+oat bran dumplings ( gluten free re-creation of my mom's wheat semolina dumplings that I absolutely love, and so friggin much!... and miss dearly... Darn you gluten! Why you hate me so much?! ). I like to add some chicken liver into these dumplings when I have some on hand. That makes the dumplings even more yummy.

Supa.jpg

Aaaand, this. 🙂 I love to smother everything with bacon, so, yeah.... YUMMMM! ( I'm crazy 'bout asparagus, too! )

yum.jpg

upload_5878396065219321177.gif

That GIF may be the official GIF of this thread! Mmmmm bacon asparagus!

Agreed..

You should add him to your intro!!

Very yummy looking!

Ohhh, you guys! I've found them pics of my avocado chocolate pudding experiment! Now I only need to find the recipe, as well. 😄 It was something very simple...

Yummy! I need some avocados right meow! ( Btw, I hate avocados. 😄 )

Pudding 2.jpg

Pudding.jpg

Ooo ooo ooo, please do share once you find the recipe!

Does it have a slight green tint to it, or is that my monitor? I'm sure it was good..

I don't remember it having green tint to it... Maybe it's just lighting, photos, who knows what... But, then... It was some time ago, and I don't really remember such details, so I can't really confirm anything...  I'll let you know after I make it again. Why you ask? You no like lil green sumtin sumtin in your chocolate? 😄

Homemade shrimp pad thai. Made a few substitutes (macadamia nuts for peanuts, sunflower sprouts instead of bean sprouts).

IMG_1141.JPG

That looks seriously delicious! It looks like it's straight from an Asian restaurant. Nice presentation! 

<3, Randee

That looks delicious, recipe? 

Google "Domestic Man pad thai." Should be the very first recipe. 🙂

testing