cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

El senor de los anillos te saluta!

upload_8735509864666552724.jpeg

Just popped in to say "Multipass" 😛

mp

L:MFAO! 

oh. my. dog.

212971844571b2524d05ef4e9e80f1a9.jpg

Tonight we had lamb meatballs with rice noodles.

lambballs-2-5-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

I am inviting myself to Diva's house.  That plate is trying to get into my belly right through the computer screen.

Waaaahhhhh.....

LOL Come on over.

Well, now you're just showing off! 😄 This looks heavenly! You may come and cook for me any day!

As long as you bake cookies for me, it's a deal!

You're on!

Did a simple ground beef version of shepherd's pie a few nights ago and extra is packed in the freezer. 

Did a ground turkey casserole two nights ago and guess where the extra is. 😛

Last night my bf and I ordered take out, I got an unagidon which also came with miso soup and a side of seaweed salad:

That's not a pic of the one I had but that's what it pretty much looks like if anyone is curious on what an unagidon is. I loooooooove unagi (BBQ eeq) so having pieces upon pieces of that over rice is heavenly!

P.S. I know I was missing from BT for a bit, catching up and seeing all the photos here makes me drool nonstop. 

I love eel. I normally ordered both salt and fresh water eel when we go for sushi. My mouth is watering now just to think of it. Do you like sashimi? If you do and if you ever go to Hawaii, make sure to try poke. Oh gosh, I have to stop talking about food, make me hungry 🙂

I do love me some sashimi!

I remember some of the Mods mentioning poke and sadly when I was in Hawaii I never tried it!

I have never had unagidon. But I think I like eel, although it's been a long time since I've eaten it.

Unagi is my favorite! It has a smokey, sweet flavor ^_^

For lunch, I had a wild salmon burger on a green salad, which included sliced kale, Italian radicchio, celery leaves, sliced red onion and cherry tomatoes. The salmon burger is from Costco (this is a super yummy salmon burger to get--check the frozen section). I put some Sriracha sauce on top of the salmon burger to add some spiciness to the bitterness of the kale/radicchio. Adding celery leaves to the salad is a trick I learned by watching some show on Food Network--I used to discard these leaves but they're so good (and naturally salty/celery tasting). Before adding the tomatoes and salmon burger, I massaged the salad greens with some lemon-infused olive oil (Trader Joe's).

salmonburger-greens-2-5-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

Salmon enabler!

I went to Costco just for these and had one for lunch today, so delicious, Diva.

Thank you for the head's up, and the smile..

I LOVE everything on this plate. 

*Stop smiling at me salmon!  I could eat you right now!*

Oh I LOVE those salmon burgers!  I have some in my freezer right now Heart

testing