cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

.... or throw up (like a hairball). Cat Tongue

That's actually more like it! ha ha

Tsk, tsk... No comment, you two... no comment...

upload_3752076454054844422.gif

Oh noes, just no kale!!! The horror! 😄

Well, it is a good way to get kale into your diet. I like kale a lot but if I made the meatballs for you, I'd probably cut down the amount of kale added to the meatballs by at least half. Or not. I may just try sneaking it to you in my husband's spaghetti sauce and see if you even notice. 😉

I know, and I believe you... If I managed to sneak spinach, zucchini, eggplant and some other "nasties" into our food... Maybe I could do the same with kale. But, I know in this case it would be definitely better if someone else could do it for me... so I don't see kale at all. 😄 Same goes for broccoli. Those two are the worst "offenders" in my world. I. just. CAN"T! 😄

You can see the green bits in the meatballs, so when we had you over for spaghetti, we'd have to either blindfold you or eat by very dim candlelight.

Not a bad idea, Diva. 😉

upload_6239651907022606703.jpg

How romantic....a blindfolded dinner.

Or sort of like a food version of FSOG. Cat Wink

Today is Polenta Friday! I have only two more butternut squashes left (that I bought from TJs) so this polenta project will be ending soon.

Today I substituted ground nutmeg with some dried marjoram and dried basil, and then added about 5-6 ounces of chopped sun-dried tomatoes. These are the sun-dried tomatoes sold in bags (not packed in oil).

polenta-sundriedtoms-1-16-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

Mmmm, this looks so good!

We had chili hot dogs "polenta." I drizzle mustard on the bottom of a bowl. Add a cooked nitrate-free all-beef hot dog. Put some chili on top. Add some cut up pickles, sliced pepperoncinis, and some sauerkraut. Lay a square of butternut "polenta" on top.

We used the fried bacon version of the "polenta." Yum. The reason the polenta goes on top instead of underneath is because it's not true polenta or like a bread that could stand up to a bunch of sauce--it would disintegrate underneath the sauce. On top, it's perfect.

Today we had some good ol' goulash. Now, that's friggin delicious! Finger licking good! But, sans those small home made "dumplings" we make and have with goulash where I'm originally from, or some kind of pasta at least... That makes me sad... I love dumplings/pasta with my goulash, it's kinda hard to eat it without those. 😞 But, we're trying to eat low carb right now... 😐 That's no fun. Carbs are my favorite food. So, we just had it with a cabbage salad.

The sauce is nice and thick and "sticky", just as it is supposed to be. Perfection in a plate! 🙂

Goulash.jpg

goulash.jpg

It looks so good....You best send me that recipe too!

Uh oh! That's gonna be tricky... I don't have a recipe for it. I just... make it. Without measuring anything. Plus, my English cooking vocabulary is not that good.... I can try, though...

This looks yummy.

We eat low carb too. Or I should say lower carb. We did eat low carb for about a year but then wanted to ease into eating some carbs because low carb all the time is super hard. We still eat much fewer carbs (than we used to eat) most of the time. Now when we eat carbs, we try to have them be healthier veggie type carbs like squash and yams and whatnot.

Are you shooting for a certain max number of carb grams a day? When we were really into low carb, we tried to keep it well below 100 grams. Very difficult to do over the long term.

My answer ended up being way too long, so I decided not to clog the thread with it, and PMed you instead. 🙂 I hope your PMs work now?

I'm trying to find some "acceptable" way ( to me ) of eating avocados... Because, they're oh so healthy. Right. I don't think I care anymore... They're nasty!

Avocados are breaded in eggs and almond flour ( plus spices ), then fried. It's not bad ( the best way of preparing them so far, that's for sure ), but they're nothing special, either. Not to me. But, if you like avocados, I definitely recommend this.

We had them with some riced cauliflower, sauteed on butter with some onions, garlic, prosciutto and spices. And, some leftover "veggie burgers" from yesterday.

Those grilled avocados look so delicious! I will have to try doing that very soon! There is this Japanese restaurant I go to that has Avocado Tempura. Definitely not diet friendly but it is seriously delicious! It comes with this spicy dipping sauce that is to die for!

Lately I have just been cutting my avocado in half and eating half an avocado as a side dish with my meals. If I don't feel like making a salad, I'll just eat an avocado with a spoon and some sea salt. It sounds boring but I've been trying to avoid eating too many tortilla chips so it's a good way to eat avocados but down on the tortilla chips ;). I love avocados though! They are definitely up there in my top 10 favorite foods category!

<3, Randee

You don't like guacamole? Or nachos?

3 Replies
testing