cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I love, love, love the Pioneer Woman.  I got a Halloween gift from a BBFF & she included one of her cookbooks.  I was so excited.  I've never had a recipe of hers turn out bad.

Holy Shiitake Pie from the Mellow Mushroom!

image.jpg

I always get the meat lover one from MM (can't remember the exact name of it right now), but I love me some mushrooms on pizzas too, that looks delish!

Anonymous Insider

Mellow's springwater dough is the best.

Yes! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Noosa tart cherry yogurt with chunks of Theo coconut chocolate bar.

cherries and chcolate.JPG

Aaaargh, Noosa is soo good! They don't carry it at any of my local stores. I have to drive an hour to find it! But sooo worth it 😄

The leaves are changing colors and the temperatures are getting colder, that means it is time to make chili! (and corn bread muffins, of course)

DSCN0583.JPG

I came here to ogle your chili & cornbread.  It looks delicious! 

Was it a sweet corn muffin?????

That looks delicious! I love chili! It's still 80 degrees here but I look forward to the cooler months when I can have warm chili too!

<3, Randee

Same here, Randee. It was really warm and extremely humid here today. Tomorrow's high is expected to be in the upper 80s. I'll be really happy when autumn finally gets here!!

Soon we'll all be complaining of the freezing weather, so may as well enjoy this Indian Summer. I think it will finally start getting a little cold around Halloween but we'll see! 😛

<3, Randee

I know what you're saying, Randee! Where I live, Kansas, we can feel all four seasons in one week I think! I'd be happy if we had spring for six months and autumn for six months. A girl can dream, right? 😛

well the temperature is in the mid 60's here and raining almost everyday this week, so the only thing good about the weather is that it gives me a reason to make chili and drink hot chocolate. (not together of course! haha)

Lucky you, knuevekm!! 🙂

<3, Randee

That looks delicious! And the bowl is really unique and cool!

It's been a long time!

salad

Lunch at the desk. #salad #shrimp #chicken

Mimibel! It's always great seeing your food posts! Those shrimp look delish on that salad! I see sesame seeds and mushroom too, any dressing, oil, or vinaigrette along with the salad? 

I think I had just tossed the cut up roasted chicken with a smidgen of black truffle (scented) oil, it's been my taste craze lately for everything...

I can only imagine how delish that is!

5 Replies
testing