cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

sushi.JPG

Lots of nigiri! My boyfriend, daughter and I went out for sushi. We had a couple of rolls and all this deliciousness! Salmon, tuna, albacore, yellowtail, eel, scallops, crab and surf clams.

Wish I could eat raw sushi right now!!! It looks so fantastic!

Lari, BuxomBabe, RedWagon and I will eat all the sushi possible for you! 😄

SAVE SOME FOR ME IN MARCH 😄

We need to start a "Have sushi for Lari" set up! 

It was fantastic! I suppose not being able to eat sushi is the downside of pregnancy. 😞

I'm not even all THAT nutso about my diet, but mercury content plus raw fish makes sushi a tad more risky I suppose. At least I can eat eel?! That's one of my favorites!

Mmmm, I love love love love love unagi! I requested they put it in my shaggy dog roll last Sunday.

I love unagi too! My 10 year son loves it too. I've never heard of a shaggy dog roll. *off to google*

It's pretty much cucumber, tempura shrimp, maybe some avocado, and maybe some fish eggs wrapped with fake crab meat on top (it's kind of pulled apart and hangs down the sides so it looks like a shaggy pup) with spicy mayo on top.

Nice! Sounds pretty good actually. I love the spicy mayo they put on crab. My stomach is growling now. 🙂

It's a very good basic roll, especially if you're introducing folks to sushi that aren't comfy with raw fish yet.

Normally when I ask chefs to add unagi they place it inside the roll, but this time the chef had massive pieces of unagi on top with the crab meat so the pieces were huge! Along with that I got 4 pieces of salmon. I may have to hit up Kroger or a sushi spot along the way home and snag some raw pieces to snack on while I make dinner.

Tonight, it's soba noodles in miso broth with chicken and cilantro dumplings (planning to have them in the soup/noodle mix but also have some pan-fried), mushrooms, and greens! 

That sounds awesome! I love big chunks of unagi and salmon. 

Your dinner for tonight sounds wonderful too! My boyfriend just recently was switched to 2nd shift, so he isn't home in the evenings to cook. He does 99% of our cooking, so my daughter and I have to suffer through my cooking now. LOL Basically we eat a lot of salads and fresh fruits/veggies now. So at least we are eating healthier since neither of us like a lot of dressing. But I do miss my bf's cooking!

I shared a cucumber salad recipe a little while ago. 

It's the kind I always have in sushi/Japanese restaurants and it's very easy to make! 

Let me dig it up, be right back!

*through the magic of opening another window to access another page in this thread...behold*

Thinly slice cucumber rounds, drizzle some rice vinegar (you can melt a touch of sugar in it if it's too sharp on its own), top with crab meat (most of the time it's the artificial crab stick at sushi places), and sesame seeds! Play around with the sugar/rice vinegar ratio to your liking. I heat up the vinegar a tad to make the sugar dissolve better and you can even have the vinegar/sugar mix pre-made and kept on hand for whenever you want to toss in some slices of cucumber into a bowl and chomp away!

Oh man, cucumbers are my very favorite veggie! I really appreciate this recipe. I'll be trying it soon!!!

Happy to share! ^_^

Had sushi on Sunday! I love the variety on your plate!

Thanks! It was so yummy!

I bet, now I want sushi....what was I thinking when I made this thread? I should have titled it "Hungry???? Come make your stomach cry if you don't have access to food right this second!" 😛 Haha!

Right?! I'm getting hungry now too. 😄

I'm tempted to go heat up the food I brought for lunch and eat it now, the dark chocolate and almond snack bar I had is NOT holding me over hahah!

5 Replies
testing