cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Yes yes yes!!!!

There is always a place for comfort food 😉 and anything with sriracha added is automatically magically delicious. 

I actually have a cabinet full of sriracha from when there was that whole issue where they might have to close their plant. I dont have a problem *shifty eyes*

Sriracha is truly a gift to the condiment world! I am obsessed with condiments...they are one of my passions in life ;).

<3, Randee

Pioneer Woman is seriously my idol! i have made a ton of the recipes on her blog and they are all amazing. They are all really easy to make too! 

<3, Randee

There is always a place for comfort food

^^^^ Truer words were never spoken!

Redwagon44, have you ever heard of the comic The Oatmeal? He's an artist that makes some pretty humorous cartoons and has an obsession...er....strong like 😉  for sriracha. He even has some sriracha merchandise you may want to check out.

LOVE THE OATMEAL!!!!!!

YESSSS!!!!!! *high five*

Have I heard of the oatmeal??

Ohhhhh yes 😄 AND he just had (or is still having?) a sale on his products! This should be arriving at my door any day now... 🙂

upload_4386788435965322212.jpg

That's too funny!!!!! Yay for another Oatmeal follower!!!

My cousin is planning to order me the red velvet mite plush for me, I can't wait!

I got my bf (who's a Star Wars fan) the Chewbacca shirt with the glowing light saber cross.

Anonymous Insider

OMG I have seen that. I looked at the wife and said, "who bought that for him?"

That's fantastic 🙂 

I also had to order a couple signed prints, namely the kitty with the gatling gun. I don't know why that picture cracks me up so much, but I just love it!

upload_5746871447073792347.jpg

The dragon n@ds hug one is pretty awesome too!

I didn't stock up cos I just knew there was no way it was gonna happen.

For once ever, I was right! LOL

Ok.... So I feel like maybe I shouldn't post this with the healthy theme here, but it has fruit in it... And it's 100% organic! 😄

I was challenged with a cheesecake bakeoff at work, and I don't lose. So this is my creation 🙂 

image.jpg

Oh my goodness that raspberry puree! YUM! This is cheesecake is too pretty to eat. You have to win with this!

It sure is pretty, but I'd still sure eat it! 😄 😛

PFFFTTT, health theme smealth theme!

This is a food theme and I always encourage any and all foods as long as there's balance!!! 😄

OMGGGGGGGGG, I want, gimme gimme gimme!!! Is that a chocolate crust???????? I always do strawberries on my cheesecakes, but the raspberries look divine! Cut a small piece....then let me take the remaining cake, please! LOL!

lol! Yes, chocolate crumb crust, lemon scented cheesecake, and raspberry puree topping. I am usually a cherry girl myself,  but one of the guys in my team is allergic, so I thought raspberries would be a fun summery twist!

Ahhhhhh lemon and raspberry!!!!!!!! I love lemon/berry combinations!!!!!!!

I'm going to go off into a corner to drool now, don't mind me.

I got a blueberry lemon macaroon (among others) for my birthday last month...DELISH!

Mmmmm, macaroons!! That combo sounds fantastic too! 

I need this cake! It looks absolutely beautiful and I am sure it tastes even better! 🙂 

<3, Randee
3 Replies
testing