cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Can I just also say that I love panko????

My boyfriend made me stuffed chicken on my birthday the first year we got together, I think your post has triggered me to ask him to make it again.

Panko RULES! So crispy and yummy and takes any seasoning so nicely.

Sounds like a plan, glad I could help!!

Meal-enabling...because we're diverse here in BT...it's not ALL about the make up. LOL!

Alright, I know it's been a while since I've touched into this thread, especially with Off-Topic threads not appearing on the front page anymore, but I'm reviving it and lets see who wants to join!

This morning it's iced coffee with caramel creamer!

For lunch it'll be leftovers, bacon cheese burger casserole with home made chicken noodle soup!

(both recipes have been shared before, but if anyone wants in, I'll dig them up!)

Dig them up!!

Please.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Chicken-Noodle-Soup-Recipe/m-p/417439#M10234

Above is the chicken noodle soup recipe, feel free to alter/take liberties with it, I'm more of a "eye-ball it and go off taste" kinda gal when it comes to cooking. 

Yesterday's version had frozen peas, fresh chopped carrots, mushroom, celery, and potatoes.

Here's the recipe for the bacon cheeseburger casserole:

Recipe:

-1 lb lean ground beef
-1 small onion (of about 1/4 or 1/3 of a larger onion), diced up
-Half a bag of egg noodles (egg-free egg noodles can also be used, or other types of pasta)
-8 or 9 strips of bacon (or turkey bacon if you don't eat pork)
-Salt
-Pepper
-Chili powder/flake (optional, but adds a touch more flavor)
-Cheddar cheese (sharp is best since mild versions just get lost with the flavors)
-1 10 ounce can of condensed tomato soup

1. Cook pasta, strain, set aside
2. Cook bacon (oven, stove, griddle, microwave), crumble, set aside
3. Cook up ground beef with onion, season with salt and pepper, strain out any released fat, set aside

I like doing all three steps above all together so you save time, if prep/cook time won't allow for your bacon to cool down enough before you have to add it to the mix, use kitchen/cooking shears to snip them into chunks/pieces. I also like cooking up 1/3 of the diced onions up first in the pan so they're flavor is released a bit more before adding the beef. Don't be afraid to be generous with the salt and pepper since there's not a lot of spices in this recipe, you're going to want to be sure the beef isn't bland.

4. Take bacon and add it to the beef/onion mix, add in the can of soup and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stir to distribute the soup well into the meat
5. Add in noodles and mix, letting simmer for another 5 minutes
6. Turn off heat and sprinkle cheddar cheese over dish and let sit so cheese melts down
7. Let it cool slightly, then serve up and enjoy!

I've since switched to using 1 can of Progresso's Tomato Basil soup and 1 small can of Hunt's Tomato Paste (Tomato Basil Garlic) combined rather than the 10 oz can of condensed tomato soup, the texture is a lot richer this way.

I've also swapped the beef with turkey and even added in chopped mushrooms to the recipe too.

You really are the best!!

Thank you so much!

That casserole is so unexpected, but sounds so delicious.

And I love a good chicken noodle soup, its just hard to find the perfect recipe with so many out there.

Thank you for both of the recipes.

I will be putting them to very good use!

P.S. What a great idea for a thread!

Thank you, my dear IyIysa.

My pleasure, Evangeline!

The casserole ends up being like a heartier Hamburger Helper, it's easy and it hits the spot. Often when my bf and I make too much we freeze the leftovers and have easy heat-up meals.

There have been so many recipes and photos shared here, it's worth skimming through the pages of this thread! Food-gasm! 😄

I'll probably look through this thread all day, hearting your recipes and drooling over my keyboard.

I'm equally impressed with your cooking skills as I am with your beautiful makeup artistry. 

Thanks, Evangeline! Time to get one of those keyboard shields if you're going to be drooling! 😛

There have been some killer recipes shared by so many users, I even followed one for homemade pizzas from BeautyJunkie...soooo delish!

image.jpgTuna salad, cottage cheese, romaine, green goddess.

Late night lazy hungries struck.

The tuna salad was made yesterday. 

Are those sesame seeds, Mimibel?

My dad made me Chicken Noodle Soup for my sickly self. 

image.jpg

I'm going to dive face first into that bowl!

It was mighty tasty!

Mmmmm feel better beautyjunkie!  I've got a cold too- my fiance made me chicken noodle soup monday and then a chicken stew with soy sauce and sesame oil today- the chicken broth really helps a cold!

You feel better too!  I do think the chicken broth has helped.  I'm feeling a bit better this evening. If I'm feeling better tomorrow I'm making chicken fried steak bites. Mmmmm.  

Right now I'm having.......lemon apple ginger juice! It's really good if you love tart flavors, mine could use a bit more ginger but I just got my Nutribullet and I'm still playing around with it.

Oooooooo, that sounds real nice!

I'm sick & feel icky so my dad made me pot roast. Nothing like comfort food when you feel sick. 

DROOOOOL

testing