Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Wow, I want to put some peanut butter and banana on it. *drool*

Recipe????????? Please oh pretty please????? 

Just spotted this! The recipe is in the spoiler. It's from King Arthur flour's cookbook

Spoiler
Ingredients
  1. 1 plus 1/3 cup lukewarm water
  2. 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast*
  3. 1/2 tsp sugar
  4. 3 tbsp olive oil
  5. 5 tbsp molasses**
  6. 2 cups whole wheat flour
  7. 2 cups white whole wheat flour
  8. 4 tsp vital wheat gluten
  9. 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, chopped
  10. 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
  11. 1 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions
  1. Combine the yeast, sugar, and 1/3 cup lukewarm water in a small cup. Stir to dissolve and let proof for 10 minutes, until foamy.
  2. Combine proofed yeast mixture and remaining ingredients until you have a shaggy dough. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes. This allows the flour to absorb the liquid and makes kneading easier.
  3. Knead the dough until smooth, about 5-10 minutes in a stand mixer. Place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
  4. Gently deflate the dough by folding it on itself once or twice. Shape it into a log and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" bread pan. Cover lightly with greased cling wrap and let rise until it's risen over the edges of the pan by 1" or 2", about 2 hours.
  5. Preheat oven to 350. Bake loaf for 45 minutes, tenting lightly with foil after 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a rack before slicing, abut 3 hours.
Notes
  1. *If using instant yeast, you can skip the proofing step
  2. **You can also use maple syrup or honey

I totally have King Arthur flour too! Haha!

Today's lunch was chili and cheese nachos along with some fresh baked naan bread with garlic hummus!

I think chicken stir-fry is on the menu for tonight!

That sounds amazing, lylysa! I am obsessed with hummus! Are you a fan of olives? My favorite hummus is the Sabra Greek Olive hummus. It combines two of my favorite foods - hummus and olives. Smiley Very Happy

<3, Randee

I obsess over the Whole Foods olive bar. It is amazing how a tiny bowl of olives can make me feel full.

Me too, TheSocialQuota! I love treating myself to a big container of the olives from the Whole Foods Olive Bar. Yum! Smiley Happy 

<3, Randee

No, I'm no olive fan, but my bf is so he takes care of them for me Smiley Tongue

I ended up pairing brown rice and red quinoa with the stir-fry.

Per the request of lylysa, I will start doing mine too! Smiley Happy I, too, drink at least one cup of green tea a day (my cabinet is full of all kinds lol and I'm actually having one right now!) and I try to drink a lot of water. 

Today for lunch, I had: 

-Tuna Poke over brown rice 

-Half of an avocado 

-Couple strips of daikon 

-Couple strips of cucumber 

And I will be heading to the gym after work to do some heavy lifting! Lol 

This is such a cute idea! It's like a food journal with the convenience of having it on Beauty Talk. lol 

Thanks lylysa! 

Cheers! 

Kevin 

Whoohoo!!! Yay for joining in, Kevin!

I haven't made rice in a while, I need to get back on that since it sounds lovely with your meal!

Your lunch sounds amazing, Kevin! If I could eat avocados every single day, I would be a happy girl! Smiley Very Happy 

<3, Randee

My cousin is like that too, Randee! She's an avocado lover and just sits there on her computer scooping out avocado from its half like it's ice cream in a bowl. Haha!

That's amazing! She sounds like my kind of girl! 

<3, Randee

My dad made me Chicken Noodle Soup for my sickly self. 

image.jpg

I'm going to dive face first into that bowl!

It was mighty tasty!

Mmmmm feel better beautyjunkie!  I've got a cold too- my fiance made me chicken noodle soup monday and then a chicken stew with soy sauce and sesame oil today- the chicken broth really helps a cold!

You feel better too!  I do think the chicken broth has helped.  I'm feeling a bit better this evening. If I'm feeling better tomorrow I'm making chicken fried steak bites. Mmmmm.  

blkslmvlvtbrc.jpg

I love my boyfriend.

Last night he made blackened salmon (it was sooooo perfect, crispy and smokey on the outside, but juicy and tender on the inside) with some velveta and broccoli. We added some whole wheat rotini noodles to the mix along with some shredded Italian cheese blend and freshly cracked black pepper.

I immediately passed out into a food coma after that. The above pic is of my lunch today. I was so excited all morning because I got to eat this meal all over again!

Looks delish, how wonderful that he cooks too! 

1 Reply