cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

It was pretty good.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been some good yeast rolls. 

I haven't had anything yet 😞 But later I'll be having fried chicken, collard greens, mac 'n' cheese and corn bread *drool*

Million dollar question....what kind of cornbread???? Sweet? Savory? Spicy???

Hmmm I'd say sweet, but not as sweet as some others I've tried.

Jiffy cornbread with brown sugar.....mmmmm

High five for the sweet!!!!

I take Jiffy mix and yellow cake mix and put them together, takes the guess work out of sugar measurements.

OMG that is perfection!  what is your cornbread to cake ratio?  I may have to try that With my next batch of chili. 

It's 1 box of Jiffy (prepared as is) and half a box of yellow cake mix (prepared with half the add-in ingredients).

Easiest thing ever and soooo good! My friend moved to Korea for a while as her husband was stationed there and craved it so bad she messaged me for the recipe!

mmmm that sounds delicious! jealous!

Anonymous Insider

i've been cutting back on my carbs so i had  scrambled eggs for breakfast, and hot wings and salad for lunch.

Anonymous Insider

Well, today ...I know...I didnt eat..I did have 3 Mt.Dews

Holy cow? Cans or bottles? My bf is a fan of Mt. Dew, I steal a sip now and then.

Dinner last night/lunch today:

Chicken roll ups

Broccoli

Whipped garlic mashed potatoes

Chicken roll up recipe:

-1 10 oz can of condensed Cream of Chicken soup

-1/2 milk

-1/2 cheese (shredded, of your choice, if you want more, feel free for you cheese fanatics)

-1 pack of 8 cresent rolls

-Chicken breast (about 6-8 oz. per pack of cresent rolls)

-Salt, pepper, seasonings of choice

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Cook and shred up chicken breasts, set aside

3. Mix soup, milk, cheese together until smooth, season to taste per your liking (I used a touch of lemon pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper this time around)

4. Spoon portion of mix into bake pan (I used a glass 13x9, actually made double this recipe in that size, you have a 8x8 or 9x9 it can work for a single pack of cresent rolls) until base is covered lightly with soup mixture

5. Take each cresent roll piece, add chicken, a spoon of soup mix, roll up, and place in pan, repeat for all

6. Spoon/pour additional soup mix over rolls, top with a sprinkle more of cheese if wanted

7. Bake for 30 minutes (mix should slightly bubble), remove from oven, let cool a bit, serve and enjoy!

image.jpgSalad for me, another packed in a bento for my sweetie's work lunch. 

Spring greens, romaine, cuke, onion tossed with Dukan vinaigrette recipe made with black truffle oil and fig balsamic. Chicken  slices left over from roasted breasts and a squeeze of green goddess for mine, ranch for his. 

I already started dinner.  It's Thursday which means pasta night and the whole family will be over.  I'm slow braising country pork ribs for the sauce in the crockpot so I can skim it and add the rest of the ingredients this afternoon and make the garlic bread before they start piling in the door.

That's so wonderful you have a family pasta night!

What all goes into your pork ribs? I would ask you to snap a pic to share with all of us hungry mouths here, but with everyone piling at the door I'm sure the food will be gone before you can even grab a camera! 😄

Dinner tonight - NY Strip, Baby Bella Mushrooms & Salad w/Blue Cheese Dressing.  Mmmmmmm.

image.jpg

Looooooooove meat and mushrooms together...*drooooool*

Since it was a little cold today, I decided it was the perfect day for chili.  Of course I had to send a pic to my bestie (my chili is her favorite) who was not too happy with me. I had to promise a batch the next time I visit. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

This post popped up and I perused the first 6 pages.  Oh my God- your salads look amazing!  I've been a vegetarian for 21 years, so I could leave the meat out, but where do you get all your ideas?!!  I just want to scarf all these up and I bet they are really healthy too!

3 Replies
testing