Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

I'd like to try that, @JoSometimes !

@Titian06 This one was from an Asian supermarket. It took some help from google translate and carefully studying the pictures on the packaging to figure out what flavour it was. 

@JoSometimes, I've always wondered about these drinks. Sweetness-wise, would you say it's pretty similar to the boba drinks you'd buy at a boba shop?

@itsfi I always ask for reduced sugar when I buy boba from a shop, so it’s hard for me to say. It wasn’t horribly sweet and the sugar in this one came in a separate pack, so it’s possible to control the sweetness.

Oh this is so cute @JoSometimes , how nice would this be as a little stocking stuffer or gift.

@missjeanie That is such a great idea! I need to remember this for next year.

Sounds delicious! @JoSometimes 

@Buootiful It was pretty good for instant boba! 

@JoSometimes @Interesting 🤔 

@SportyGirly125 It was pretty good for instant bubble tea. I can see these hiding in the pantry to satisfy late night boba cravings. 

A snapshot of what I've been drinking on most mornings this month.

December Drinks .png

Green juice, cinnamon cold brew, and Emergen-C

The cinnamon cold brew sounds great @itsfi! I hope the emergen-c is preventative and not because you’re feeling under the weather. 

@JoSometimes, the cinnamon cold brew was excellent; wish I would have thought of that earlier. But it's something I can have year round and I plan on having it again another day or two or three ... The Emergen-C is preventative. I started taking it semi-regularly when I was doing a fair share of travel this fall / winter, and the routine just sorta stuck with me this month. 

Gingerbread oatmilk chai with a shot of espresso

Gingerbread oatmilk espresso.jpg

drink - PrettyPaint 2023 Special.jpg

I may have found my winter specialty coffee drink, all thanks to the brilliant mind of our fabulous @PrettyPaint. She referred to this as a "dirty gingerbread oatmilk chai" in a conversation we had a couple posts below ~ it's a Starbucks gingerbread oatmilk chai with a shot of espresso (at least, one shot was perfect for a tall sized Starbucks drink. May need two shots for a grande. 😉). PrettyPaint, this hit the spot earlier today. It was delicious. The shot of espresso toned down the sweetness juuuuust so, which made the drink perfect for me. Thank you, thank you! I highly recommend this. Dirty gingerbread oatmilk chai. Gingerbread oatmilk chai with a shot of espresso. Call it whatever you want. As far as I am concerned, this is now the PrettyPaint 2023 Special. Soooo good. 💖 

@itsfi I'm so happy that this drink makes you so happy. ❤️ It's definitely a nice and cozy combination.

@PrettyPaint, I love it. I kept seeing it being unavailable at the Starbucks near me so I just decided to try making it myself. I've been using Stash Double Spice Chai tea bags and using 2 bags and steeping them a longer than usual.

Oh my, I'm gonna have to go to Starbucks @itsfi @PrettyPaint But, not remotely close to evenings if I wanna sleep😁

@Buootiful Is it 2pm or 3pm that they recommend to stop drinking caffeine? I can't remember. I think I must drink too much coffee because I had some at 8pm yesterday and it definitely didn't keep me up!!

Oh, I'm an avid coffee drinker but with Chai, idk. In the SNF, I had some Disney black tea my friends gave me. I drank it at 7pm as a snack and didn't sleep a wink all night. And I had meds that make you drowsy.  I binge watched 1/2 a kdrama in one night🤣 @PrettyPaint 

@Buootiful Oh wow, that's interesting. I don't know the caffeine content of chai, but I always assumed it was less than coffee. Maybe I need to start drinking more chai. 

That's something I can appreciate @Buootiful! A good night's sleep is definitely worth aiming for. I will say that there have been occasions where having a cup of coffee with dessert at dinner has actually helped me sleep better. 😅 

703 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos142
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg