Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What is your current profession in life?

Whether you're in school, an aspiring makeup artist, an edgy hairstylist, a stay-at-home-super mom, the 9-5 desk junky, runnning around in your scrubs, or ya just don't know yet...what is your current occupation in life? *If you list school, please share what degree you're working toward* Everybody feel free to list pointers and opinions. This isn't a thread about who is better, what is better, and how it is better. This is about what differences we are making in life 🙂

Re: What is your current profession in life?

@NurseMel thank you for your dedication 

Im a Spanish teacher and have been since graduate school, ten years!  I've always taught high school but I'd like to try middle school...

I am currently working from home as an account manager/customer service.

Im currently on maternity leave with you 10.5 month old son, but I go back to work at the end of next month. I'm a speech therapy assistant and I work at a rehab hospital. Before I left I was working with adults (mostly stroke, dementia, brain injury), but I have no idea what I'm going to be doing when I go back! 

I'm a CPA.  I am being very bad and  sneak over here for a peek between tax returns. 

Oh how cool! I hope once I receive my masters I can test to become a CPA! That's the ultimate goal! Long ways away but eventually!!

I'm a former math teacher, now stay-at-home-mom to my 15 month old ball of energy son and pregnant with #2!

Congratulations!

I'm an Assistant Product (Web) Producer for Sephora.com (Clinical Skincare and Hair). Basically I work on setting up product pages/ data that you see on the site!

Have been in the Beauty Industry for most of my adult life, starting at an Origins counter, eventually getting recruited to work for Sephora.com as a Beauty Advisor. Definitely good experience...I'm obsessed with ingredients (was interested in product development for awhile) and now I have more of a tech job, but all that time as a Beauty Advisor has helped me to know the importance of getting the best, most accurate information to our clients!

Right now I am a sales associate at Best Buy. in August it will be three years. I have a BS degree in Elementary Education from USF but given the job market and the fact that I have Cerebral Palsy are too things that for me make this occupation quite difficult. I always thought that ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher since my Mom was an aide. However, I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be (as I really only have use of one limb) until I entered my final internship. But was determined to finish and obtain my degree. Yes, i should have done more research, I struggle a great deal with that but I am determined to find the right path in life. I currently waiting for healthcare reform so I can be out on my own, my medical needs are very great. 2014 will hopefully be my year. I'm 28 and I've been waiting a very, very, long time.

Anonymous Insider

I'm doing the same degree right now. I have heard about the different lays offs and budget cuts and I'm also worried that I should change my major. What would you recommend?

@Fabz It's hard to day. The educational field is very difficult right now. You probably have many more options than I. If this is your dream, keep with it. If not, consider looking at other options. If this is what you want, be flexible when you graduate be flexible.

Great job sticking to your dream and finishing school through the obsticles!! Good luck with the job search, I'll be wishing for a positive 2014 for you as well!! You deserve it!

@ContentlyKayKay Thank you very much for your support! It means alot! I hope so!

I'm a PhD student in Art History 😄

I work as a unit clerk in an emergency department. It can be quite stressful at times, but it is rewarding in the sense that you get to see things most people do not see, and even though I am not there by the bedside saving people, I am part of the process of saving people. A lot of people have the impression that unit clerks just sit there doing nothing, but where I work, we do a lot more than most others do at other emergency departments. We do a lot of stuff that nurses do at other hospitals, so I do take pride in what I do.

I am currently a sales rep for a company that sells industrial steam cleaners & pressure washers.  It's actually a lot more fun than it sounds lol.  I also teach music.

Anonymous Insider

I am currently a stay-at-home mom and going to school for Teacher Education. I am not so sure if it's what I want to do anymore though... I have a hard time commiting to a degree so it changes almost every year!

What a great thread! I work in oncology research at a pharmaceutical company. 

That's awesome! I wanted to do research, but hate school & didn't want to get a PHD. I have a friend in the program now & there is no way I could stay motivated to complete it. 

There are so mant different areas within research - MANYof which do not require a Phd. I had no intetest in that much school either! 🙂

Conversation Stats
testing