Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What is your current profession in life?

Whether you're in school, an aspiring makeup artist, an edgy hairstylist, a stay-at-home-super mom, the 9-5 desk junky, runnning around in your scrubs, or ya just don't know yet...what is your current occupation in life? *If you list school, please share what degree you're working toward* Everybody feel free to list pointers and opinions. This isn't a thread about who is better, what is better, and how it is better. This is about what differences we are making in life 🙂

Re: What is your current profession in life?

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom with 4 kids (ages 12, 10, 7, and 3) and 2 dogs.

My youngest will be starting pre-k in the fall so I plan on going back to college.  I currently have an Associates in Criminal Justice and want to get my Bachelors in Psychology.

Oh wow! Busy busy mama right there! That's awesome! I'm taking psychology right now in college, though just for one class! So so interesting!!

Anonymous Insider

Kalex, the degree in Criminal Justice sounds awesome!  My fiance took Criminal Justice classes at the vocational center during high school, and he really loved it.  If he doesn't find a job off the bat with his upcoming degree, he has something to fall back on.  What is your favorite area of it?

Wow, props with the huge family!

I love psychology, although I think I would be even more crazy if I went into something like that. Hehe

I really enjoy learning about the brain and far-fetched theories!

Although I LOVE talking about makeup, skincare, and beauty in general, I also  enjoy those times where topics move away from the regular BeautyTalk posts and become more personal/engaging!  Great post!

I am currently a senior in college studying art education.  Generally, art education teachers are certified to teach K-12, so I have no idea what grade I'm leaning toward...I love kiddos of all ages!  It's so sad that music and art are some of the first programs to be cut in terms of school funding--call me biased, but I think they are CRUCIAL in development.  Either way, I love what I do and can't wait to be a certified teacher! (p.s. I pulled an all-nighter last night writing a paper about the philosophy of education and am going on 25 hours of no sleep! So I'm in the "exhausted yet super hyper" phase right now! Excuse my rambling.)

I'm also a proud mama to my puggle.  She's one and half and is my little angle.  She's currently snuggled up with her daddy (my boyfriend) who both, so lovingly, pulled an all-nighter with me! So they are verrrryyyy sleepy. 😉 

Anywhoo, enough about me. What do YOU do?  Such a great post we'd like to hear from you too!

Anonymous Insider

Puggle!!!!!!!!!!!!  I send her virtual hugs!!!

Great post! I think it is CRUCIAL to have the arts in school as well. Without creativity how will the economy justify? I seriously think America's education system is falling apart, and we need teachers that will brighten our future leaders' lives!

Oh, man! I want a pug so badly. So hyper and always cheer you up, love that about their personalities!

She was definitely a hyper pup, but has calmed down sooo much. Her favorite thing is cuddling under the covers (yes, she whines until you lift up the covers to let her get in), loves her kisses, and loves to play!

The beagle in her is the funniest part though.  She howels, and when she does it's like a trill, almost like she's yodeling! It's hilarious.  Also, her nose controls her.  She has to sniff everything and when she gets a whiff of something, it's hard to tear it away!

Anonymous Insider

Agreed, arts are essential!  Even if you're terrible at it, it fosters a wonderful base for lateral thinking which is EXTREMELY important in today's economy.

Whoo hoo! Go art! 🙂

Oh how cool! This is a great way to get to know everyone better 🙂 I'm a no sleeper! hehe. I'm a financial manager in the day time and in the evenings I rotate school (going for my accounting degree) every other night and working at a currency exchange (which I love! I get to meet lots of fun travelers). I also volunteer 2 days every month with various projects in the Seattle area, it ranges from just helping out at a walk-a-thon to working in a kitchen of a shelter. I'm a bit of a workaholic.. I blame my dad, but I love it!! OH.. plus I can't forget one of my most important "jobs".. huge Sounder FC fan 😉

Sounds like you're a busy bee on the right path! Glad you enjoy staying occupied though.

Anonymous Insider

haha, I'm currently a student/computer doctor 😉 Soon to be job seeker though, I'm certainly trying!

Conversation Stats
testing