Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What do you do to boost up your mood?

Is there something specific you do to make yourself feel better? Maybe a place or something you wear? Curious to know!

Re: What do you do to boost up your mood?

Thanks @Mcakes, and thanks for sharing! I think it'll be a good idea for us as well as others to be able to share and read healthy ways to cheer oneself when feeling a bit down! There's no better make-up than a smile on a face, but when you really mean your smile you glow from within!

I play with my dogs or take them for a walk. They remind...

I play with my dogs or take them for a walk. They remind me to enjoy life and not let things get you down.

Re: I play with my dogs or take them for a walk. They remind...

@CorgiMommy I assume by your name that you have corgis?? If yes, they are the cutest dogs! I would love to have one one day🐶

I actually have four corgis currently. Corgis are the cut...

I actually have four corgis currently. Corgis are the cutest. They stole my heart.

Retail therapy is a powerful thing, but sometimes even that isn't enough. I usually distract myself by playing video games or watching YouTube. Posting on BIC helps too! 😇

I do the same! For youtube videos I especially focus on the humorous ones to brighten my mood like "try not to laugh challenge" videos, TV show or movie bloopers, my favorite comedian skits, etc.

@Neeliay I've been using body spray when I get home from work and before I go to bed.  It's just a light dose of scent that calms me down and provides distraction for a moment - like a stop and smell the roses.

Sounds wonderful and very relaxing! @greeneyedgirl107 Any particular scents relax you more than others?

@Neeliay Right now I am loving Bath & Bodyworks La Fleur that I got on clearance at the semi-annual sale this summer.  I should've picked up a few!

Gonna have to try it out! Thanks for sharing! @greeneyedgirl107

Whenever I'm down, I just do my makeup a different way. There's something for me that's very calming about doing makeup, and spicing up my routine by wearing something or doing something out of the ordinary really makes me feel better

I do that too with my hair! When I'm going through a rough patch I definitely take it on my hair! New hair color, cut or style! Thanks for sharing! 

I usually go to Disneyland, but sadly these past few months i been stuck at home, since i was stuck in a hospital for two weeks, then needed a lot of home rest, then surgery and then been stuck again. So to boost my moral for now I been shopping online on Sephora, to boost moral and finally got something to organize my make up. As crazy as it sounds, getting new make up has been boosting my moral a lot, especially with being stuck at home.

@Anastasiya13 I truly hope you feel well enough to go to Disneyland soon.

Doesnt sound crazy at all that online shopping for makeup is boosting your morale 😊. I first got into makeup when I was in and out of the hospital after being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. There was nothing more fun than browsing Sephora, researching all my purchases, and finally getting to mess around with everything when it arrived.

Thank you, it will be a long while for Disneyland, but at least I am able to get out of my house a bit for now, and hopefully by my birthday (October) i will be able to not worry about being out. Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. I agree with you, as funny as it may sound, make up really does help and its so fun. I love playing with it too, it just brings so much joy even though its something so simple. Heck you should have seen how happy i got when i got the moschino x sephora bear palette online. Now i just need to get back to work finally, to enjoy this, and also pay all the darn medical bills.

I think it depends on the situation-- where am I and what options do I have to help my mood at the time? But some things I might do: take a break to watch something fun on YouTube or read a blog post, walk to Starbucks to get coffee or tea (or if I'm at home, just make tea myself), read a book if at home, spend some time outside if the weather cooperates, and so on. I might call a family member if I really need to hear someone's voice, then race to pet my cat when I get home. If I really need mood lifting, there's always a square of dark chocolate waiting to be eaten 🙂 Sometimes running helps too... the act of moving, and getting out of my space clears my thoughts. Sometimes I reserve a favorite outfit for days I think will be hard going for me. If I can, I might treat myself to something new. It depends, I guess!

Starbucks has been my savior plenty of times! It definitely makes a difference in changing my moods!

I have a 5month old baby and some days are hard. I feel tired, overwhelmed, alone. But every time I start to have negative feelings I stop myself, close my eyes and say to myself "I choose happiness".

My husband (who is super positive human being) is saying this every time our son cries - he picks him up really high and says "Don't cry,choose happiness" and it makes us smile (sometimes even the baby stops crying and he starts laughing)  But these days I use it on myself and it really helps me to regain control in a stressful situation. 

And then there is also makeup, Sephora, this community and cold beer at the end of the day😂😂

@katkapivarci Just don't ignore your sad feelings if they are persistent, or you are having intrusive thoughts. I had Post Partum Depression with my second child, and I was so busy, I didn't realize it until he was over a year old. Reaching out to my doctor and joining a talk therapy group was the best thing I could have done for myself and my family. 

@Beadshopgirl You are absolutely right, thank you for pointing that out. My doc always says the same thing - don't ignore negative/sad feelings if they linger for long periods of time. I'm so sorry you had PPD. You did the right thing reaching out to your doctor, I would definitely do the same if I can't shake of the sadness/negative feelings. I hope you are doing better now❤️ Motherhood is awesome and hard at the same time💪🏻

Thanks @katkapivarci! It's been a few years now; I just like to be open about it. It was hearing another mom talk about being diagnosed with late-onset PPD that made me realize I was having the same experience, and convinced me to reach out to my doctor. 

90 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
testing