Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What do you do for exercise?

What's your exercise plan?  Whether it's a heavy weight lifting session with the TV remote (lol) or a grueling 10 mile hike, how do you keep fit?

I run, ride horses (which is actually a good workout if you do it right), strength train with a fitness ball and resistance bands. I also like to kayak and hike around as long as it isn't hot and muggy out like today.

Re: What do you do for exercise?

Currently a lot of my favorite activities are on hiatus since I'm also kind of on a hiatus. (was in grad school; moved back home; shortly moving again for a job) Anyway, for most of my university student life I taught group exercise classes, and so til recently that has been my way of getting my workout -- teaching pilates, yoga, strength training and cardio. I also used to take karate and jiu jitsu, and did rock climbing at my rec center where I taught. As soon as I start my job at the university I need to look into getting back into all of these things, b/c I really miss them!! Also, I want to take up boxing. I used to teach kickboxing, but I want to take it up a notch. Smiley Tongue

I'm also a dvd junkie. My favorite instructor is Cathe Friedrich -- she is HARDCORE, and I love her for it. Smiley Very Happy The days I don't teach, and don't feel like putting thought into my workout, I usually do one of her dvds, lol.

Also love running, though sadly my endurance isn't great, as it kills my joints. And cycling! I was just living in CA, and cycling was my means of transportation and I LOVED it. I had to sell my bikes when I moved though, and I miss 'em. One was hot pink and the other had a Hello Kitty bell. :-/

Ooh! And dancing! My recent obsessions are Zumba and belly dance!

My fiance and I do yoga on Skype most nights for 30 minutes. I also have free access to a gym as a graduate student, so I started running last year. I'm training for my first 5k now! A little over a year ago, I couldn't even run half a mile.

I love stretching, so I have to do that every single day. And if I don't have time to get to the gym, I love a good booty workout!

If I have the chance, I love hiking outside too. And shopping is such a good workout! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I like to do cardio 7x a week. Mainly I do jogging on the treadmill or go on the elliptical. About 4x a week, I like to lift weights, and 6x I like to do toning. So one night I will do toning exercises for all over, then the next night, I will tone my arms, etc.

A couple nights a week I'm taking dance classes, I also love  to bike and do zumba videos. I also take my dogs on long walks through the parks. I love to mix things up and do fun activities, since I find the gym incredibly dull.

I get on my treadmill or elliptical every evening for 20-30 minutes.  I just stick in my ear buds and zone out.  If the kids come down and find me they get, "Go find your Dad."  It's my "ME" time!

@kalex, haha you sound like my mom when I was growing up. She'd get so annoyed when my sister and I would bug her during her morning home workouts. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine

I'm addicted to Jillian Michaels DVD's.  I'll pop one in at least 4 times a week.  I'm thinking of trying the Chalean Extreme set at some point in the future -- I'd like to get more serious about weights and she seems a good way to ease into it.  

For recreational exercise, I'm at my local fencing club one night a week.  I started fencing in high school and absolutely love it.  The social aspect is great and it's a good workout.  It's always fun to be able to point to a bruise and say "Oh, got that from a sword fight".

I try to go to my local gym a few times a week. I also like going to the steam room to detox! If I can't make it to the gym I do a long walk/run outside (especially if the weather is nice)! My mom and I go to the same gym and she always motivates me to go.

<3 Melissa

I'm a second degree black belt in taekwondo, so I go to practice and do drills twice a week. Otherwise I just kind of bounce around the house and dance to music while cooking or playing with my dog lol. I have also been doing some exercises with dumbbells so I'll have more arm strength for net year's stage crew. I do not have any arm strength lol

~We are all beautiful~

High five, berniebeauty, I'm a second degree too! Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • lalalalala.jpeg
  • swfupload_1509816007741240021.jpg