Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. Smiley Happy

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? Smiley Happy

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

Email them and ask. However be smart when emailing them. The way you phrase things can depend on what you get just as much as who answers you. 

Hi! So I received an email from Mario Badescu about 2 weeks ago asking if I'd like free samples of the products that were recommended to me, but I still haven't received them in the mail. Is that amount of time normal?

I emailed Koh Gen Do recently saying I was interested in their products, but didn't know where to start.  Within a week they sent me a large quantity of samples, probably 15 or so.  It was really nice.  I'm going to try Ren and Mario Badescu next!

I am so happy for you! (And slightly envious). I have emailed Koh Gen Do 3 times already (once in April, June, and August) and I haven't heard anything back at all. I would LOVE if they would send me something because I am really interested in them. Especially their skin care!

What email did you send it to? Just in case I am emailing the wrong email address???

The only company I expect a reply from and have yet to get is Mario Badescu. I'm wondering if because it's a holiday weekend everyone is on vacation? I think I'm going to wait until Wednesday or Thursday and call them if I haven't gotten a reply. 

After seeing all the wonderful samples y'all received, I decided to try for myself.  I was pretty excited about how many responded with a yes.  I got my first set of samples on Thursday from vbeauté.  I can't wait to get the rest. Woman Very Happy

Yes
Dr. Hauschka, Juice Beauty, L'Occitane, Mario Badescu, Murad, REN, vbeauté

No
Algenist, FAB, Hourglass

No Answer
Koh Gen Doh, Ole Henrikson

Koh Gen Do  samples arrived today

-Aqua Foundation 

-Maifanshi Face Powder 

-Makeup Color Base X4 all colors 

-Cleansing Water Cloth

-Pure Cotton

-Makeup Remover

-Oriental Plants Essence x3

-Oriental Plants Cleansing Cream

Oriental plants Cleansing Foam

-Oriental Plants Milky Lotion

-Oriental Plants Skin Lotion 

I think I got 14 samples if you count the cotton. I'm not really sure what I do with that yet. 

Did they reply to your e-mail or just send you the samples?

They replied 

Finally got a yes from Mario Badescu. Had to take the survey twice. 

Yay! I am super excited for you!!!

I took their survey about a month ago and I just received their samples yesterday! I had completely forgotten about it, so it was a very pleasant surprise! They were VERY generous about their samples -- like 6 different deluxe samples!

what is the link to that survey from mario badescu

id like to try that scrub lol

• I got samples from living proof, Mario badescu and murad..I haven't received the murad yet but I cant wait..they sent me a very nice email advising me of the products they are sending me...love samples..i have 2 full drawers in my vanity full of them,even though I am always giving them away to my neighbor.i like to try them when I need a perk up or am doing an overhaul day..you know facial, pedi try new make up tricks..overhaul....I just have such a hard time deciding which ones to use!! oh I do so mlove playing at my make up table....my 2nd fav place to place is my closets..all my bags and shoes and clothes..i just bought another coats yesterday..a beauty with leather sleeves...its the 4th I bought this year..i cant wait to start wearing some of my new things..hubbby bought my open toe botties and a pair of leopard pumps last week..i don't work right now but am planning on going back just p/t since he is disabled and I am his caregiver..i have it set up where I can do about 20 hours per week while my son stays with his dad..one thing for sure I don't need to buy anything new to start work..i am even stocked up on tights!!gonna start looking in a week or so..wish me luck..i need to get out of the house for a while and do something for me.peace to all my beauty sisters

Here is a picture of more samples i have received. 

IMG_0080.jpg

Koh Gen Do sent me a sample of their Maifanshi Face Powder and I love it. So far it's the thing out of all my samples I definitely want more of.

What is the tube of stuff from Koh Gen Do you have? They sent me a ton of the small packets with no instructions on some of them so I need to look it up and see what they are.

Unfortunately they were really skimpy with the foundation sample but I mainly wanted it for color matching purposes. The Jane Iredale people sent me a tub that'll last me weeks so I was sad in comparison. 

I was trying to wait on my Mario stuff to get here but I think I'm just going to take a picture of what I have so far. 

With foundation it doesn't matter how much they give me. I'll know after one use if i like it or not. 

The KGD sample is the Oriental Moisture mask, It's an overnight one like the Korres. They sent me all the things i asked for so i can't complain.

I have yet to use any samples i've gotten from all the companies that sent them lol! I want to but just haven't gotten around to it. And i can't for the life of me open one of the containers from Mario Badescu. Smiley Sad

samples 2.pngHere are the samples i have gotten so far. There is another Vbeaute tube that isn't in this picture because I gave it to my Mom and can't find it. It's the same size as the other two though. 

Wow good for you!!!!! The Murad sent me 2 foil packages and look at what they sent you. Thats awesome!!!!! I know it depends on the person who replies us but still I am really curious what did you say to them.

Ummm let me see......

"Is there any way to get samples of Murad products? I'm looking for new skincare and am very interested in this brand."

They replied and I responded 

"Thank you for getting back to me! I'm very new to this line so I 'm not sure specifically what to ask for (my aunt suggested it). I would love some samples as an introduction! The products I am most interested in are the Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo and the Post- Acne Spot Lightning Gel. I do not know if you have samples of any of these but anything addressing any of my concerns would be wonderful."

Just about all of my responses were something like this. I basically kept the same tone. Oh, and I thanked them for their time and formatted it like you would write a letter. ( I shortened it a little but this is the basic idea)

Thanks so much neko333!!!!! I should try that in a few months Smiley Happy.

756 Replies