Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. Smiley Happy

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? Smiley Happy

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

There's nothing to feel bad about. They make a good amount of money off these products and the tiny bit they send you  doesn't add up to much. Even if it does they want to get you hooked to buy their product. Plus they figure if they send you samples even if you don't run out and buy all the stuff they send you, when you do go out to buy something, you will favor their company over others. Oh, and you're probably giving work to someone, and when there is work, there is a job that needs to be filled. They choose to send out free samples because it is smart business wise. They have as much to gain from it, if not more, than you do. 

Highlighted

What is the best way with the tougher companies? Call? Email?

I've always contacted companies via email, but I try to ask for samples of specific products. It might not actually do any good but I think it helps to show greater interest. 

I don't know if it helps, but I try to provide some information that shows I've actually researched the product.  I state WHY I'm interested in their product or what I think I might like about it.  I think that comes across better than 'give me free stuff I know nothing about!'  Also if I'm currently using a competitor product, I state so and what I am hoping might be better about their product.  For example, I told Living Proof I'm currently using Aveda.

These are the samples I've received within the past few weeks (minus some that I've already used). 

I've gotten samples from:

Juice Beauty

Murad

Mario Badescu

Koh Gen Do

Nia24

Hourglass

Vbeaute

Ren

Dr. Hauschka

Living Proof

Jane Iredale

Everyday Minerals

I'm waiting on products from L'Occitane, Eve Lom, and Dr. Brandt. I will definitely be buying the full sizes of some of these products now that I've been able to try them. Mario Badescu's Ceramide Eye Gel is amazing!

Anyone else have favorite samples?

Very nice!!

Nice! Are those lipstick samples kind of my the living proof stuff? If so, where are they from? Thanks Smiley Happy

They are lipstick samples from Jane Iredale. I've been using them since they came in and I love them!!

Jealous! I asked for a lipstick sample and they told me they didn't make them :/ How long ago did you get them?

That's so strange! I got them in the mail sometime last week. 

2 Replies