Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Started watching Jessica Jones tonight and got through episode 1, I can't wait to continue the show though I am going to space it out through a series of months.  if I get through it too fast I will want to watch more seasons before they are released if there will be more that is i have no clue as it just started airing i believe today. 🙂 

also the maze Runner came in the mail today VIA My netflix DVD queue can't wait to watch that as I saw the preview for the second one (I think it's called scorch trials) which was recently in theaters and if it hasn't already it should be making it's way to red box soon Squeaks of excitement if its any good I will be watching the second one and I will binge read the YA book series. 

Anonymous Insider

I admire your discipline. We are about four episodes in to Jessica Jones. I am not good at resisting the urge to binge watch things. lol 

Have you watched Daredevil?  I wasn't sure if I should watch that before I start Jessica Jones.  I know they're both part of that Marvel Defenders series, but wasn't sure if they were standalone, or if I would benefit from watching Daredevil first.

I watched both and really I'd say you would be fine watching them as a stand alone. I only noticed someone from Daredevil showing up in the last episode of Jessica Jones. I don't think you would miss anything. 

Be prepared for a truly awesome and creepy David Tennant!

I just found out David Tennant is in this, there goes my weekend!

I'm so excited for Jessica Jones. I'm making myself hold off until next week because I'm too busy beforehand, but the struggle is real.

I started Jessica Jones today too! I'm loving it so far - on the 3rd episode. I wish I had the self-control to space the episodes through months. 😄

MalibuAj I wouldn't call what i do self control. 😞  for me it's my lack of patience with cliff hangers that hits me in the hurts.  I can't wait for 365 days for a new season I would go entirely bonkers raving mad. so instead. I limit myself to the ignorance is bliss mentality by  limping like a tortoise through  a few episodes while usually leaving a gap of a few seasons between me and the finish line then when the show is all available to watch from start to end I binge watch the rest. 🙂 

Currently I am watching

- Doctor Who Season 9

- The Late Show w/Stephen Colbert (always at least day behind on this one)

- The Good Wife

- Once Upon a Time

- Elementary

- Gotham

I'm really liking Twelve this year!

I watched my first episode of Portlandia last night. Then I watched the rest of season 1.

Unbelievable. Except that it's entirely believable, especially given San Francisco's proximity to Portland. 

I'm embarrassed it took me this long. 

Did you marathon Portlandia like they marathoned Battlestar Galactica? 😉

(Dang, just looked up the sketch and it's from season 2 ... so look forward to that!)

Love that show! 🙂

I've had several false starts with this series.  I want to love it because Carrie Brownstein is awesome, and parts of it are brilliant, but some sketches are a little boring/too long for me.  

For anyone who enjoys Carrie, I'd recommend her memoir, Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl.  I devoured it in a few evenings!

I did the same thing about 3 months ago. Feminist Bookstore gets me every time!

image.jpg

Lol!! I think my favourite line ever was when they said a gas can looked like a man urinating. Lol forever!!!

I just watched that one tonight GC hahaha!

I heard good things about this show and need to add this to my list of must-watch. How many seasons are there thus far?

5 on Netflix. Not sure off the top of my head if that's current... 

Whaaaat??? Crappy ol' Canadian Netflix would have me believe there are three seasons. Uuuugh! I love and hate Netflix at the same time. 

Zenmate extension for Chrome is your friend. 

Smart TVs are a bit more complicated. 

2,110 Replies
testing