Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@itsfi  yes that's correct - 9 episodes.

920CEC9D-4142-4BB2-B68A-378B9B19B0EE.jpeg
Is anyone watching this? It started picking up around episode 3. I hope it will stay interesting.

@blackkitty2014  I'm watching it and am really enjoying it. I have just finished reading Anderson Cooper's book Vanderbilt which most of it was about the Gilded Age.

Good to know about the book @AMK721 I’ll have to read it. I love anything about this time period. 

@Sunnysmom  I found the book fascinating. I like learning about that era as well.

Me too @AMK721 , now let’s see if I can keep them all straight ! 😆

I am too @blackkitty2014 but still on the fence about it ! Not sure I’m thrilled with the casting and acting at this point but still hanging in there! I wanted to love it so badly. Grr! Glad you are liking it! 🥰

Is anybody watching the new season of Love is Blind? It's honestly terrible this year, I had to quit after a few episodes. One of my biggest peeves is their makeup lol Sometimes it looks professionally done, others like they did it themselves. Deepti's is always grey, which is probably due to a wrong foundation shade, and Danielle (I think that's her name?) has more than once just had a stripe of greyish contour on her face. Usually I think I wouldn't even notice but since it's just overall bad this season, I'm nitpicking even worse. The girls this season (with one notable exception) are all wayyyy too good for the guys. Stunning women, meh men. 

@makeitup305 I watched the first season & I was considering watching this season, but maybe I'll pass now haha.

@ohheyitscindyk it's worth hate watching. I did not like any of the couples this year but loved most of the girls. The guys left a little something to be desired lol

Oh, sheet! Another season of Russian Doll is coming after all! Loved that show! Natasha was hilarious! Can't wait for more!

RavenR_0-1644612807509.gif

yay ! @RavenR glad to hear it!

This was good! Hope there will be more!

RavenR_3-1644371148723.jpeg

feria.png

oh this looks cool @RavenR !

@makeitup305 It is

Last night I stayed up super late to catch the Canada vs. USA Women's Hockey Preliminary match at the Winter 2022 Olympics. Beijing has quite a bit of a time difference, lol but it was well worth staying up for. I mentioned before that I cheer for both the USA and Canadian teams during the winter olympics. This is kind of complicated, I get it... but most of the players I grew up watching as a little kid that played for my home team (Go Blackhawks!) were Canadian. When I used to watch the Olympics, it would be difficult for me to root against the players I knew/loved and were my idols... so I naturally became the unpopular kid at the ice arena by rooting for the Canadians. Furthermore, I always gave credit where credit is due and the influence that Canada has had in ice-hockey as well as many other winter sports has been tremendous and for that, their national teams certainly deserve to have me as a fan. To complicate matters more, my family is from Europe and I was born there, so when my home country actually gets a qualifier in any sport at the Olympics I go pretty hard in the cheering department. I also appreciate stand-out athletes from countries I have no ties/affiliations to and can appreciate a "once in a lifetime" type of athlete from literally anywhere. The Olympics to me is less about "teams" and more about the love of the game. Rant over 🙂

cut.jpeg

All The Spoilers:

Spoiler
Wow! This was the game to watch despite being only in the prelims. Boy, did all of these ladies show out! Canada ended up winning 4-2 but it was certainly a dog fight from beginning to end. Marie Philip Poulin is one of my hockey heroes and seeing her team succeed certainly always brings a smile to my face. The Americans played amazingly well, they out-shot the Canadian team 53-27 (that's almost double!) and certainly were no slouches on the ice. The USA team showed me their form this game in the sense that they are relentless and consistent attackers however they're clearly having issues making those shots on goal become, goal(at least against teams that play at their same level like Team Canada). The Canadian goal tender (Ann-Renee Desbiens) absolutely stood on her head and made 51 saves against Team USA. The Canadians have now secured their spot as the #1 seed in the Olympics going forward, well done! Great Job, Team Canada! 🇨🇦

It's very likely these teams will be seeing one another in a high caliber match in the future. What the Americans need to do is regroup and focus on bulking up their defense. Their offensive pressure is super impressive and it shuts out lower ranked teams as previously displayed in their 8-0 bout against Switzerland. Simply put, Canada has a stacked goal tender, a stacked team and a stacked power play that produces goals at a ridiculous percentage rate (somewhere in the mid 40% range)... unreal and so impressive. Offense is simply not going to be enough for Team USA to beat the ultra-charged Canadian team and they need to work on ensuring that Canada does not get opportunities to score off of power plays by first and foremost staying out of the box and secondly, really priming their power play kill during team ice time. The well-mannered Canadian team rarely gives up power play opportunities or penalty shots (the same cannot be said for Team USA) so defense is key when it comes to playing against the star studded Canadians led by Marie Philip Poulin. 

If you like The Walking Dead or zombie saga, I’d recommend this. We just finished it.

C89EF7A6-3772-412D-8A11-2C0B7B49073A.jpeg

I am a zombie fan. Plus, a horror fan in general. I am on episode 3 of this... Struggling... About to quit all together. Is it gonna get better? 

It will @RavenR but it is a bit slow in general 

@blackkitty2014 It did get better! Ended up being quite entertaining. Silly, but entertaining. But, yes, it was so painfully slow. Especially at the beginning. But it had some super fast moving episodes, too, later on. You know, that has happened to me before with Korean shows. Even movies. They start out so slowly and boring, and when I'm just about to give up and stop watching, things start happening and end up being awesome! 😜 Must be a Korean thing? 

@RavenR @Hahaha I agree. It must be Korean thing. My brothers and I used to joke that it’s a Korean movie signature just liked Indian Bollywood has lots of singing and dancing and the Russian has flashbacks almost every other scene 😂🤣 Have you seen Kingdom? It’s also another Korean zombie series but better than All of Us are Dead

2,110 Replies
testing