Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@ohheyitscindyk @tsavorite Aaaaah I also LOVE OMITB!!! Not enough people know about that show. I forced my parents to watch it haha. It’s so good. 

@alexasteph I did the same thing with my mom haha.

I loved the new Reacher series on Amazon! I actually never saw the movies or read the books, but I like Alan Ritchson and from what I gather, he matched the characterization from the books extremely well - something I hear the movie versions sort of failed to achieve. 

My brother wanted to make sure I watched the Boba Fett series too, which I was going to do eventually because I love The Mandalorian and figured it’d have some details that would be important for Season 3. Well… if you watched it you know haha. And my opinion of the episodes before ep. 5 is basically the same as everyone else’s haha. I don’t wanna spoil anything, but if you are watching Mando and haven’t seen Boba Fett yet, just start with episode 5. Big Star Wars fans can watch episode 2 as well. But quite honestly… 1, 3, and 4 were a chore to get through 😕 

@alexasteph I agree with the Boba Fett, as did most people. Glad it got back on track by the end. I liked the Reacher series, too. It's not a huge favorite but it's better than I thought it would be. 

Murderville on Netflix is quirky funny too! Tons of guest celebs. 

The Wheel Of Time turned out to be so good! I was like, hmm, not sure about yet another fantasy show... But, ok. Hubby wanted to watch it, and I had nothing better to do, soooo... It was really good! Can't wait for more now!

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 8.49.36 PM.png

Also loved Yellowjackets! Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricci ( adore both of them! )? Umm... Yes, please! ( All of them are so good! Great cast! ) Hopefully there will be more because we need more! 

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 8.54.58 PM.png

@RavenR Yellow Jacket is slow but kinda addictive.I turned it on and my hubby got hook. At the end he likes “turn the next episode on babe” and that was last of season 1 😂🤣

Loved Yellowjackets!! Such a phenomenal cast of both the teen & adult characters. Looking forward to Season 2!

@RavenR Wheel of Time was great. It filled in my fantasy void left by The Witcher. I was thinking of starting the books while waiting for the next season but when I saw there were 14 of them I balked lol. Haven't seen Yellowjackets, yet, but the cast looks great.

@RavenR @I’m super interested in wheels of time because I’ve heard it’s great for outlander fans ! I’m deciding whether I should read the books first though before watching ! 

@Kim888 The series is 14 books long lol

@Kim888I didn't. And I think it's better not to. But that's just me. I always get so pi**ed and upset when a show or a move then don't follow a book or books. It irks me to no end even though I understand it is not always possible, and many times a book is just an inspo. But I can't help it. So in this case I am happy I did not read the books. And I won't be reading them. I can just sit and enjoy the show as is. It's relaxing. 😄 Usually, yes, I prefer books. But if it happens that I am interested in watching something based on books I haven't read... Even better! I really get so ridiculously mad, my hubby usually have way more fun watching me getting all bleeped off, than watching a move/show itself! He says I am way more entertaining. 🤣 Yes, I have problems. 😂

I haven't watched Outlander, so I am no help there. But I really liked The Wheel. Way more than I even thought I would.

@RavenR @Good point ! I do always get really mad when they don’t stick to the source material haha 

@RavenR I liked both, too! I've never read the books, so I went into Wheel of Time blind, but I enjoyed it. Yellowjackets was also renewed for a second season 🙂

@ohheyitscindykI went into it blind, too! And loved it! I really didn't think I would. But it was a pleasant surprise. Probably because I never read the books. 😜

And yaaaaay for the second season of Yellowjackets! Can't wait!

MV5BMDMzZDkyNzEtYTY5Ni00NzlhLWI4MzUtY2UzNjNmMjI1YzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

It's finally happening... after being borderline harassed by my friends for several years I finally started Euphoria (not very far in at all). I started it without my s/o because I didn't think his sheltered and put together self was ready (I got a lot of inside scoop from friends over time so I know what to expect) but then he got upset-guess I'm not the only one with FOMO lol! So now, I'll be re-watching the first episodes of Euphoria with him... oh boy. 😂

Some First Thoughts:

Spoiler
A couple of these scenes/characters are quite "triggering" to me, so-to-speak. I grew up in a large city where unfortunately a lot of these activities/situations were not rare and certain aspects of this show bring back some not so great memories and there's certain characters that remind me of "real life people" I know almost to a T, which is quite spooky. That being said/out of the way...

I literally LOVE Kat. She's hands down my favorite character.
kat-hernandez-euphoria.gif
anigif_enhanced-3492-1643143269-19.gif

@QueenMarceline My s/o is watching it but I can't. It's just too much for me. I've watched bits here and there but it just gives me anxiety.

@makeitup305 It's definitely not for everyone. Some parts are certainly...  a bit very "much". 

@QueenMarceline I’ve also recently started Euphoria and personally find it a bit… much. I think I’m 5 or 6 episodes in. It was really a hype driven thing for me as well, I do enjoy the concept and I like the pacing, but I don’t know if I actually like the *story* yet. It’s just quite intense, and I absolutely see it’s value, I think it does tell a very important story, but I’m not at the point where I feel myself really rooting for anyone yet haha. It’s also an extremely different high school experience than what I had, and I was a high school teacher, so part of me is like “Nah this doesn’t actually happen” and in a tad bit of denial about it. In a less extreme way, I can see some of my former students in (or how they could be similar to) the characters and it’s kinda uncomfortable haha. I’ll probably end up watching all the episodes anyway. 

@alexasteph We just started season 2 and honestly it is a bit much for me too. There's a lot of things that make me think of certain situations. I think it's certainly exaggerated (thank goodness) but unfortunately a lot of the things do happen in a more muted less theatrical and "for entertainment purposes" kind of way. I totally get not finding anyone to truly root for, all of the characters have some sort of flaws that are hard to overlook even when you do like their character. 

Not Spoilers, But Goes into Mild Details about Characters:

Spoiler
Rue's addiction is particularly hard for me to watch, I knew someone who reminds me of her... too much and it's super surreal for me to watch back. Her story particularly is triggering and at times painful for me to watch. I think the two characters I think are the most positive and least problematic are Lexi and surprisingly... Fezco. I think despite their flaws they are "rootable" for characters, unfortunately they aren't as forefront in the show as they probably should/could be but hopefully that changes in season 2. 

@QueenMarceline I was waiting for someone to mention this show. The fashion, makeup and hairstyles are so fun and creative. But yes, there are lot of potentially triggering scenes.

2,108 Replies
testing