Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

It is sooooo good @WinglessOne  - it does get pretty brutal in the latest season, but the 90's nostalgia has me hooked!

@Tamara76  Coincidence: about an hour ago, I finished watching both seasons. (Finally started watching yesterday and binged a season a day. 😂) It was kinda slow in a few places, but not enough to make me lose interest. It did get brutal but, eh, not as much as some other shows/movies I’ve watched so that wasn’t a turnoff. Overall, the series was pretty good! Heh, even with Juliette Lewis occasionally overacting. I’m interested to see what I assume season 3 will focus on.

Yes!  It was soooo good and I can't wait for the next season! There will also be a secret episode released between Seasons 2 and 3 (season 2, episode 10) - I need to see when that's supposed to be so I don't miss it! @WinglessOne 

Not yet but my Fiancée keeps mentioning it is supposed to be good and he wants to watch it together. Did you like it @Tamara76 ?

Yes! I love it!!! It feeds all my Gen X 90's nostalgia cravings!!!  

I will say that it is pretty violent and there are some very disturbing themes (let's just say the girls did what they needed to do to survive i  the frozen wilderness), so it's not for the faint of heart. 

I am hooked, though, and the soundtrack is phenomenal🩷

I just read, from a couple of good sources, that "The Bear," Season 2, begins streaming June 22, 2023, on Hulu.  Yay!

Thanks to @Sunnysmom for proofreading! 

(Warnings for harsh language in this show.)

@itsfi 

Lol 😆no no @tsavorite , I just didn’t want us all too excited or disappointed if it didn’t show up on the 2nd! 🥰

I can not wait! I think I will need to drink some calming tea tho. It’s an hour of non-stop excitement isn’t it!! Ooof. 

"The Curious Case of Natalia Grace" on ID.  Very interesting.   Anyone else recognize Robyn Farris fron "MTV True Life" on this?

"Britney vs. Spears" on Netflix.  I didn't think it was very well put together.  It should have been a limited series because there was so much to cover.

"Anna Nicole Smith: You don't know me" on Netflix.  Only one new minor piece of info; my friend agreed.  I saw every episode of her reality show- before I had DVR!  This also should have been a limited series to detail an extraordinary life.

With the finales of Succession, Somebody Somewhere, Ted Lasso and Queen Charlotte I may come undone! Anybody else?! 😭😭😢

Just finished XO, Kitty the series and am hoping there is a second season, Beautiful Disaster, and How I Met Your Father.

Still need to watch Love Again, Never Have I Ever and Fast X 

@SportyGirly125 Another Fast franchise fan! I’ve been wanting to see it too!

How was How I met your father? I finished season one, but haven’t started season 2. I find it a little more quirky than how I met your mother. 

@JoSometimes I thought they were splitting X into 2 parts but someone told me 3 parts now.

Season 2 of HIMYF is really good. I really like it because it’s different from the How I Met Your Mother Series. 

I watch all of Firefly Lane...I really enjoyed it.

I loved Season 3 of Mandalorian, in fact I want a giant poster of the ending. Watching Next Level Chef and waiting for the next Marvel and Star Wars shows, and the hundred more Chef Ramsay shows lol. Mom and I are watching Season 2 of America's Next Top Model and To Catch a Smuggler. 

Where are my anime besties at? I have been recently watching Demon Slayer's new season🤭 and Hell's Paradise. Hell's paradise is so pretty yet creepy, loving it so far..

@Shraddha211  Aw, I wish I'd seen your post sooner. I haven’t watched any new anime in at least 2 years. I mean I’ve caught an episode here and there, but nothing's kept my interest yet. So I’ve been rewatching some of my favorite oldies: Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Requiem from the Darkness, Monster, Trigun, Evangelion, RahXephon, Mushi-Shi… also rewatched some donghua, mostly Mo Dao Zu Shi (I'm still surprised by how much of the novel made it to the animated series 🤣). It's been a while since a new animated series really grabbed my attention. 

Hell's Paradise looks interesting. That's one I haven't checked out yet. Note to self, and thank you! 

Only Murders in the Building, Season 3. August 8, 2023. Hulu. 📺

Photo credit: VarietyPhoto credit: Variety

I can hardly wait! 

@Kim888 @Sunnysmom @tsavorite  @alexasteph @Tamara76 

If I missed anyone, I'm so sorry. Chime in so we know who's going to tune in August 8.

Oooh I am excited! I can’t wait for the new mystery ! @etscore1 !

I can't wait!!!🩷🩷🩷

Yep @Tamara76; I have my calendar marked! 

Thanks @itsfi !  Love idea of Meryl and Paul! 

2,109 Replies
testing