Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@StyleLynn @darkiceis Same here, can't wait for the second season! 🙂

I've recently been binge watching and just started into the third season of The 100.  I'm losing interest though.  I started walking around doing errands with it playing in the background.  I feel like I'm watching the love child of Lost and Stargate.  

@heartsmyface  They've turned into such a bunch of drama queens, and it feels like such a chore trying to keep watching it. I was really hoping they would end it this last season, put it ( and us! ) out of the misery... but nooooo! There will be more. Not sure I'm gonna continue watching... I don't like soap operas, and this' turned into one. Smh.

I agree 100% @lyravega. I never even finished this season. I just couldn't take it anymore! 

@lyravega At least it's good for background noise.  I think I'll be letting this show go though.  I'm here to sift through and find a new show that can hold my interest.  When do we get a new season of Marco Polo?  I could watch Marco Polo indefinitely! 

Loving the new season!

upload_2956805420485017399.jpg

upload_3870282758520106113.gif

OMG!   Same!!!!!

@lyravega I love all the characters, but Cassidy is my absolute favorite!!!

steve guttenberg GIF

@Glitternoodle  Did you watch Talking Preacher after the 2nd episode when David Gilgun was talking about his Nair incident?  OMG!   I laughed for a solid 5 minutes straight - poor dude!

@Tamara76 OMG no lol I didn't even know that was a thing. We watch it on DVR and I didn't pay attention. Is it after the show??

@Glitternoodle  Chris Hardwick hosts Talking Preacher where he talks to the show's actors, producers, writers etc.. and they break down the latest episode.  But it is only on after the first and last episodes of the season for Preacher  (this season it was on after the 2nd episode).  It's a lot like Talking Dead that Chris Hardwick hosts after the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, if you are familiar with those.  They might have it on the AMC site.

Anyway, they showed a remote interview with David Gilgun last week where he talked about using Nair on a non-recommended body part - it was so funny, but oh so painful to think about.  He is definitely a character, whether playing Cassidy or not! 🙂

@Tamara76 Haha, I'm gonna have to hunt the clips down. He really is soooo funny. I think of it as the Cassidy show with his sidekicks preacher and Tulip lol. 

I started watching When Calls the Heart on Netflix and just fell in love with it, I binge watched all of the seasons and specials, then re-watched and now I'm impatiently waiting it's return.

@StyleLynn, I am a huge "When Calls the Heart" fan! I have watched all the seasons (multiple times) and I even read some fan gossip online. (b/c you know watching the show incessantly isn't enough lol) If you ever want to talk WCTH, PM me... I "heart" that show!

@StyleLynn Ahh, I am (somewhat oddly) obsessed with Hallmark in general. Hallmark movies are my guilty pleasure. So I ADORE WCtH. I just lent Season 3 to my friend! 

@lachaton I'm just really starting to get into the Hallmark network, so many of the characters from the show seem to star in their movies that I'm quickly becoming a fan 😊

omygosh, I love that show!!!! Soooooo good.

Is anyone watching Twin Peaks: The Return? I'm a fan of the original but not sure I'm feeling this new season 😶

I love Twin Peaks: The Return, but not more than the original Twin Peaks. Huge fan of David Lynch!

hello.jpg

I am really enjoying it! But, I am a weirdo. 😉 And, I love Lynch. The original Twin Peaks is one of my all time favs! The Return is different, yes. I'd say it is typical Lynch, whereas the original was a bit more... "tamed" Lynch ( to put it that way ). Made to appeal to a wider audience. Not just Lynch fans. This time around it is like he knows the show won't be canceled, so he is going full on Lynch and having a blast, too! 😄 It is definitely not/not gonna be most people's cup of tea.

@lyravega I guess I just wasn't expecting it to be this way. I thought it would be innocent like the first time around! I still end up watching it every Sunday night but I'm just not enjoying it AS much as the first one 😓

2,110 Replies
testing