Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@QueenMarceline I was waiting for someone to mention this show. The fashion, makeup and hairstyles are so fun and creative. But yes, there are lot of potentially triggering scenes.

@pocketvenus Yes, I'm not that big of a fan of Maddy's rhinestone obsession but I'm totally digging Jules's style. Her cloud look was so simple, yet so cute. I kind of want to remake it but actually fill in the clouds with blue/white eyeshadow.

@QueenMarceline Oooo, that would look very fun, especially if you paired it with an all-white outfit.

@pocketvenus OOOOH! Yes, definitely 🙂 I have a really furry cloud-white coat that would be perfect for that.

Watching How I Met Your Father on Hulu 

@SportyGirly125 @I’ve been watching that as well.   Hillary duff makes me very nostalgic 

@Kim888 I never watched her Disney channel show Lizzie Maguire.  My husband and I really love How I Met Your Mother and wanted to see if this was just as good.  My husband loves it so far but I'm indifferent.

@SportyGirly125  I’ve been liking it but not as much as HIMYM. Maybe they need time to settle in I suppose 

@SportyGirly125 I've been eyeing that one too, I think I added it to my Hulu Watch List 🙂 mostly because I loooove Hilary Duff.

So excited for My Brilliant Friend Part 3 to return to HBO Feb 28 is it? Anybody else love it? 

74CE190C-5EC0-43C4-9CB2-5108B2799328.jpeg

Anyone watching Inventing Anna and/or Tinder Swindler on Netflix? So much I want to say, but no spoilers 😶

Inventing Anna.jpg          Tinder swindler.jpg

@AMK721 I didn't know anything about the story until I watched Inventing Anna. I liked the story but I felt like it could have been half the episodes. It dragged on way too much for me. I really enjoyed the Tinder Swindler, though. The man is an scam genius. I hadn't heard about that story either but found it very interesting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler
The fact that they didn't charge him with anything except a fake passport makes me so mad. How is he just out and about after defrauding so many people?!

@AMK721 @I’ve been binging inventing Anna as well! It’s so fascinating! It is super ironic that 281 ended up as an art space anyway 

@Kim888  so ironic!

@AMK721 Oh my gosh, yes! I just saw the Tinder Swindler! It was pretty wild but honestly super predictable after a few minutes into the situation. I watched with my S/O and we had major thoughts lol.

The Spoilers:

Spoiler
The only girl who I really "understood" was the friend of his that he swindled, I could not imagine how the girls he was in a relationship with didn't see it coming (not trying to be rude) but the fact he had them taking out hundreds of thousands of dollars and wiring it to him is just perplexing to me. Especially so early on. But hey, maybe I'm just old and out of touch. The friend spent an extended period of time with him and I feel like in general it's easier to trust a friend opposed to a new relationship/fling. My S/O was absolutely furious at the series lol, he's pretty on point financially (someone around here has to be haha!) and he found it absolutely insane that the women were willing to put themselves so far into debt without having major red flags go off. Where he's from, "you never lend anyone money unless you're prepared to never see that money again", at first I thought that was very negative-world-view-type-of-advice but in reality it's probably a good hard truth to come by. I've rarely seen lending anyone money turn out good. I do have sympathy for these women and think it's SO beneficial they released this series in order to warn other potential future victims.

Have not seen Inventing Anna yet, but I am very familiar with the story 🙂 I look forward to watching it.

Oh man I too was obsessed with Inventing Anna @AMK721 ! Fascinating. Tinder S is on my list as well. Too many shows so little time , ugh! 

@AMK721 @itsfi This is on my list too after @Sunnysmom @told me about it 😘

@AMK721, I just added Inventing Anna on my list a few days ago. Have heard good things about it. 

@itsfi  it had me 😮 every episode.

Oh wow @AMK721! That says a lot. There are 9 episodes total, yes?

@itsfi  yes that's correct - 9 episodes.

2,109 Replies
testing