Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I liked Brigerton a lot more than I thought I would @Samtian. I’m ready for season 3.

@faeriegirl All I kept hearing about were the sex scenes lol and I'm like eh not my kind of thing. But I have a secret soft spot for romance, and I really loved Pride & Prejudice so I'm happy with this show. Really loving Kate & Anthony. 

There were several things that irked me about Bridgerton Season 2 but I LOVED the slow burn btwn Kate and Anthony. Not on par with Lizzy and Darcy verbal dance, but still good.

I really wish they didn't use Pride and Prejudice locations (Pemberley) it made me nostalgic for the OG and made it seem like they were trying too hard to emulate P+P with the Colins-esque story. I didn't get that with the 1st season?? Eloise was an annoying Liz and the Sharma family name kept reminding me of Shawarma. What a distracting made-up name🤣.  It also made me remember a gorgeous spin on P+P which had unlikely character twists that worked beautifully called, Lost in Austen. Look it up on youtube, it is so good 🙂 @Samtian @faeriegirl 

@Buootiful Hmm Lost in Austen sounds familiar, I'll look it up thanks!

@Buootiful   ‘Mmmmm shawarma…. I think you’ve decided my dinner for me.  

Sharma is Sanskrit for happiness/joyful and is a real Hindu surname. 

@heartsmyface oh good to know! I also flashback to the end credits of the Avengers movie in New York🤣. Have a good dinner!

@Buootiful   Dinner appears to be mini Reese cups and not shawarma but it was a wonderful food fantasy😆

Caught some of Marvelous Mrs Maisel filming season 5 today ! I really loved season 4 and can’t wait for next season! 

Spoiler
707FC722-C3E3-41D4-9429-D45B6081432B.jpeg

4B52CF8B-8600-42FB-B9A6-39B362600334.jpeg

28290E5A-1128-4D97-AFE2-83625CB5C78B.jpeg

@Kim888 ,

We just finished streaming the current Season 4.  Can't wait for Season 5, but we will!  😊

"Only Murders In The Building" Season 2, on Hulu, starts on June 28  !!!

@tsavorite Oh wow I didn’t realize only murders was going to be back so soon!!!

@Kim888 How exciting, can't wait!

I just watch the Adam Project on Netflix. What an amazing movie! Has anyone else recently watched it? Highly recommend!

I watched it @Mellmars1185.  And I really enjoyed it.  There’s an interesting plot as well as some cool special effects! 

@Cissy63 I am glad you enjoyed it. It made me emotional ❤

Wanted to see why people love watching Love is Blind. I couldn’t watch the first episode so my husband and I fast forwarded the whole second season to only the good parts.

Finally finished up all the season of Euphoria. I have some thoughts with spoilers. I really enjoyed the different makeup looks included and the avant garde aspect of them. Overall I'd give it 3/5 stars. 

MV5BMDMzZDkyNzEtYTY5Ni00NzlhLWI4MzUtY2UzNjNmMjI1YzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

My Thoughts (HEAVY SPOILERS, BEWARE!!!):

Spoiler
I liked the several different stories that were presented in season 2 although Rue's story kind of... got lost in the sauce so-to-speak, in my humble opinion. Oddly enough, I didn't mind that... I find Rue to be a character that frustrates me and I think the peak of her character development occurred in season 1. I also heard this show will be going on a long hiatus due to Zendaya's absence for the next few years and I think they could have had her be more off scene by having the storyline with Laurie's missing drug suitcase develop. The ending with Ashtray and Fez needs to be followed up on and elaborated on. What's happening to Fez? Is he going to jail? What happened with the wire taps? How will the evidence they tampered with play to their advantage/disadvantage? Will Fezco go down for the murders? What's going to happen with Fezco and Lexi? How will Nate and Cassie's relationship continue developing (or crumbling)? What's going on with Nate's dad's legal troubles? (Btw, Nate's dad's storyline took such an odd turn at the end of season 2).

Overall, this show has its moments where you want to find out what happens next but it's also very corny and exaggerated in other areas. The episodes are long and way too much time is focused on Rue's story (many areas which are just drawn out or super repetitive). I believe Rue's "main character status" needs to further take a back seat besides from the "Laurie suitcase" saga. I understand why she's the main because she "connects" all the different friend groups in a way, but I feel like some of the time can be used more wisely to give us expansion into the other characters lives. It felt like Kat's character was barely around the entirety of season 2 and they almost extinguished a lot of the spark that made her such a unique character in season 1, which is a shame. The ending of season 2 was equally heartbreaking as it was confusing.

Thoughts About The Show Hiatus (Minimal Spoilers):

Spoiler
I heard that Euphoria will be going on a looooong hiatus due to Zendaya's absence for the next few years. I think this is a major mistake due to the popularity of the show currently, as I stated before many of my friends have been begging me to watch it since season 1 dropped and I never got around to it. Taking a significant break like they are planning will either have people itching to wait 2-3 years for season 3 and build up the fan base or it will take the other route and lose interest with the core audience. I personally think the latter of the two is more likely. Rue's character could have maybe taken on a more narrating role or only shot a few scenes based on development of the storyline with Laurie's suitcase. But that's just my two cents.

From seems to be super interesting ( and promising ) so far. Right up my spooky alley! Also, love Harold Perrineau. So... win win! 😉

I'm probably really late to the party on these!   I really enjoyed Only Murders In The Building ( now waiting for Season Two), on Hulu, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, on Amazon Prime, ( a new season just started.)

Mrs. Maisel is not for children due to excessive language.

@tsavorite I accidently started this show not on the first season and I didnt realize until a couple episodes. That discouraged me from watching it. This reminds me I need to restart watching it!

@tsavorite I haven't tried either, but I've heard good things about Ms. Maisel. I have to give it a try!

@makeitup305 ,

I hope that you enjoy it!

2,110 Replies
testing