Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I freaking love this show! I try to tell everybody about it. I haven’t met anyone else as excited to talk about it tho. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Ooh I'm always on the lookout for fun shows to watch! I'll have to check this out.

@Kim888 I love it! Usually a BBC remake is never good, except the Office. But I love both, they are both funny! I'm on S2 ep4.😍

@Buootiful @Yes agree! Rarely as good but this one definitely is! 

Re-watching Extraordinary Attorney Woo for the 2nd time and Gilmore Girls(on Season 2) for the bajillionth time.

Hi @Buootiful I am dying to watch Extraordinary Attorney Woo! Sadly, I have like zero time to watch tv - One of these days, I'll take a break from something and catxh up on some shows💗

You will love it @Tamara76 ! It is such a sweet show. Oh, the romance ! 😍 Definitely a stress reliever.

Just watched Maverick and On the Moon. 

ive been watching harley quinn on hbo max where i’m currently at the season 1 finale. i’m also watching through scrubs for the first time with my dad, we’re somewhere in season 2.

Watched "Not So Pretty" on HBO Max.  Also, Julia (limited series about Julia Child) and Julia (documentary about her) on HBO Max.  I thought the limited series was hard to get through and repetitive.  I didn't finish the last 20 min or so.  I documentary was OK.  I thought I'd enjoy them b/c I had really liked "Julie & Julia" which is a nice hidden gem.  Oh well.  Lightning can't strike twice.  Oh - also watched "Good Clean Filth" with Nikki Glaser.  It's just what it advertised but I've found her to do better work in the past.  It was also repetitive.  

I'm watching Andor and She-Hulk, loving them both. Hecks kitchen is starting tonight so I'll watch that as well. I really need to get caught up on all the Defenders on Disney+. Watching it in chrono order and only on Jessica Jones season 1. 

Out of the all the series that tie in with the Defenders, Jessica Jones was my favourite. Krysten Ritter shines in her role and I hope they bring her back somehow into the rest of the MCU like they did with Charlie Cox’s Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin. @Samtian 

@JoSometimes Punisher is my favorite out of them. Jessica Jones starts filming next year!

This news made my morning @Samtian!

@JoSometimes Yay!!! It's rumoured she'll have a cameo in Daredevil. 

Rewatching The Sandman for the nth time, impatiently awaiting the next season and hoping Netflix doesn't can it. After all the previous failed attempts to turn this comic series into a movie or TV show, I'm very impressed by the Netflix show and how true it is to the original source. (It helps that Neil Gaiman's directly involved in the show.) 

I love that he is involved directly! @WinglessOne  I enjoyed what I have watched so far (Last I saw was with the "friend" he's had for 500 years) and haven't finished it yet. I'm trying to extend it for as long as I can. 🙂 Did you ever watch Lucifer or American Gods? I adored Lucifer and was so sad when it got cancelled.

@Buootiful  Each episode is great, but that one in particular: I couldn't watch the first half of it without tearing up. I figured that'd happen during Death's series intro (I had the same reaction while reading the comics years ago), but watching her compassion on screen opened the ol' floodgates again. She's many people's favorite Sandman character for good reason. And Neil and company picked the perfect actor to portray her. Kirby Howell-Baptiste nails that role. 

I never watched Lucifer for some reason. It's been on my list but I keep putting it off, and I don't know why. (Note to self!) I did watch each season of American Gods. Season 1 was fantastic, but in the next 2 seasons I could sense the behind-the-scenes discord (series producer vs. showrunners and cast). The TV series strayed quite a bit from the book, but Neil Gaiman was involved so I decided to roll with the changes—and some of them were very good choices. Things kinda went off the rails in season 3, though. I'm bummed we'll never get to see the thunderbird. Well, unless a series finale ever happens. 

Watching House of the Dragon and just finished the book Fire and Blood. 

We haven't had time to watch yet, but I am so looking forward to it! Fire and Blood was probably my least fave George Martin Book - I am still waiting patiently for the final ASOIAF book💗💗💗

"Alias Grace" on Netflix.  Based on a book by Margaret Atwood (of "The Handmaid's Tale").

testing