Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Watched Moonshot and really liked it. 

@SportyGirly125 I thought it was pretty cute!

Im watching Outer Range with Josh Brolin on Prime.

I was able to watch the first 2 eps during my free trial but now i registered to be able to continue watching the show.

Eps 3-4 werent as good as the first 2, but im still intrigued into it.

Also, they release 2 eps every friday.

I also watched the latest Bond movie No Time To Die, and it was ok. 

Just watched "Death on the Nile," and Wed and Thurs tried to watch as much of Depp v. Heard as I could.

@greeneyedgirl107 the chokehold that this trial has on me is ridiculous! I don't usually follow celebrities' private lives but I can't help but stalk everything about this trial. It gets more dramatic every day.

@makeitup305 I didn't start following it until the news happened to be on, and it was the start of Johnny Depp's testimony.  So naturally I started watching.  What I've been doing at the end of each trial day is googling the testimony of the day.  I then go on the Court TV via Xumo on my TV at 7:00 when they have trial highlights.  Between those two things, I feel like I'm in the loop as much as I can working a full time job.  How have you been keeping up?  I am honestly thankful the trial is on hiatus.  It was a bit much for me - my whole day was spent thinking about it before hand, and then analyzing it after.  And I was on gossip overload for lack of a better term.

@greeneyedgirl107 I've mostly watched recaps and breakdowns on tiktok and youtube. There's no way I can sit through the whole thing, especially AH. I agree, though, it's a lot. Thankfully they have a time limit so it should be over relatively soon.

@makeitup305 I was actually distressed about the time limit.  But it makes sense, of course!  Shows how much I know about trials!

@greeneyedgirl107 I don’t know anything about court cases and what warrants a time limit. Maybe it’s because it’s televised? Idk. I’ll be relieved when it’s over. I think regardless of what the jury decides, the court of public opinion will side with JD. AH has been highly unlikeable to me and hard to believe. 

@makeitup305 Agreed.  I need to remember that the trial starts up again tomorrow.

@greeneyedgirl107 Depp and A.H. 😂😂😂

I really hope Johnny wins all agaisnt her. 

It's "The Ghost of Frankenstein", with Bela Lugosi. 

I enjoy the background info that is interspersed by the host, Svengoolie. Quite suited to a stormy eve!

Oh @MvLL !!  I love Svengoolie!!  He gives the best insight into the old horror films 🥰

Currently watching the Ultimatum and didn’t fast forward unlike Love is Blind. 

I caved and finally decided to watch Bridgerton. Yeah I'm hooked. Tonight I have last 3 episodes of Season Two and I'm caught up. I currently watch- Masked Singer, Daredevil (we are watching all those that came over from Netflix in Chrono order), Halo, and Bar Rescue, oh yeah and Moon Knight. 

@Samtian  I enjoyed Bridgerton but also keep wondering how Penny, who has very limited exposure to knowledge regarding behind the scenes married life, is able to discuss scandals and inappropriate behaviour with suggestive  underlying tones as she does, when her character is not meant to even know how babies are made.

Other than that it’s an enjoyable watch.   

@heartsmyface Have you read the books? I wondered if that was discussed. I wasn't sure if it was just the Bridgertons who were limited in the knowledge. 

@Samtian  Unclear what happens in the books but there was a scene where Eloise and Penny are trying to figure out how you come to be with child and someone has told Penny you got pregnant as a result of love and they can’t figure out how that makes sense.  

@heartsmyface Ah. 

I liked Brigerton a lot more than I thought I would @Samtian. I’m ready for season 3.

@faeriegirl All I kept hearing about were the sex scenes lol and I'm like eh not my kind of thing. But I have a secret soft spot for romance, and I really loved Pride & Prejudice so I'm happy with this show. Really loving Kate & Anthony. 

testing