Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@Kim888 I actually did not watch BH when Lisa Vanderpump was on but I've been meaning to go back to the original early episodes, tbh. I watched Vanderpump Rules and quite enjoyed the reality formate there so I love LVP and her pink house lol! I started watching around the same time Erica showed up, but definitely not her first or second season on it. I think during the early seasons of BH, there were many stronger franchises like NJ, NY and Atlanta, so BH kind of got put on the back burner for me personally but I'm enjoying it the last few seasons.

TBH, that's exactly why I started watching Potomac, less seasons to catch up on lol! I find it very annoying when I go back to watch other older franchises/seasons and the cast just changes 5x over in the first ~5 seasons. Super hard to keep up on as a binge viewer. I also agree with you on the NY sentiment... they need someone married and/or with younger kids. I feel like it kind of worked with Bethenny and they got away with it because she had a very young kid so no one noticed. I think adding Leah and Ebony was the wrong move... they brought little to nothing to the show other than non-sense and drunken partying. We get that with Sonja and Ramona on a regular LOL!

@QueenMarceline Totally agree about Leah and Ebony! I did like Tinsley though, at least she was dating to marry, plus her lifestyle was totally like the gossip girl fantasy 

@Kim888 I also liked Tinsley, not like in a "I'd hangout with her" type of way but in a "I want to keep watching". Plus, she honestly was refreshing in that franchise.

I decided since I can't sleep and I just finished the entire season of RHOP that I would do a little reflection on the housewives and my overall opinions about them. This is something I usually do silently to myself post watching a housewives of (insert city here) season, especially since the casts change often and because I can love a housewife one season and despise her the next. That's just how housewives go, lol.

FamiliarGracefulBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Gizelle:

Spoiler
I found Gizelle to be particularly annoying. She seems super rude to the younger women on the show and I think she displays a huge insecurity that she takes out on others (literally everyone). I found her to be grandiose in a way that rubs me the wrong way, such as calling Ashley a h-word the first time she met her, for absolutely no reason what-so-ever may I add. She's also quite immature with the weird invitation she sent to Karen and Charrisse for a lunch so she can be petty to their faces, very odd... Her entire personality to me screams "bitter" and it's really not cute.

26kareneyeroll.gif

Karen:

Spoiler
Honestly, I have a very love/hate relationship with Karen. On one hand, she is insufferable and takes herself way too seriously. She's also majorly hypocritical and holds others to standards that she really doesn't uphold. Her freaking out about Michael "surprising" Ashley on the last night of the girls trip (in Michael's own home, mind you) was quite odd. She tried to make that situation way more dramatic than it ever was and having her own husband approach Michael as if he showed up to surprise his wife in order to be a "peeping Tom" on the other women was just... weird. On the other hand, despite strongly disliking her... she makes great TV and we all need a villain. She plays that role well while also sometimes showing her softer side, I think she's a fundamental character on the show-love her or hate her. 

42wheresyourman.gif

Ashley:

Spoiler
Ashley was the youngest of the bunch, married to her much older husband and being surrounded by women closer to her mothers age (minus Katie) can be kind of rough. I felt for Ashley on some level this season, she could do no right to appease the judgmental eyes of both Karen and Gizelle this season. Seriously, it seemed like those two spent most of the season yapping away about her "transgressions" and embarrassing her husband for no reason. Sometimes (most of the time), it was hard to tell what the issue was other than their age differences. Although, I must admit... Michael probably shouldn't have stripped down to his boxers to try to jump off the boat into the water in that setting and probably shouldn't have showed up to a girls trip... the way that some of the women overreacted and continued to beat a dead horse over these two issues made me actually ultimately side with Ashley. I think she's a bit obnoxious and needs to learn how to read her audience better, but so far-I kinda, maybe... like her? Meh.

11catch.gif

Katie:

Spoiler
Katie, oh Katie. At the start of the season I really found her behavior to be cringy. Her chasing Andrew around basically trying to force him to marry her was a bit off-putting to me. Especially because this was a new relationship, she has very young kids and was freshly divorced. She made herself seem a bit desperate in the beginning of the season only to get her fairy tale ending, to only then reveal on the reunion that she gave him back the ring. I mean good on her but I hope we get a deeper dive into what happened with her and Andrew in season 2 since that was very glossed over on the reunion. Honestly towards the end of the season when she started sticking up for herself especially with Gizelle I think I gained a lot of respect for her and understood her character more. I don't necessarily like her, but I think she's good for TV.

get-a-grip-robyn-dixon.gif

Robyn:

Spoiler
Out of  all the women on the show, I think I would be most likely to voluntarily hang out with Robyn. She seems like the most down to earth and not removed from reality from all the women. She has opened up about her struggles with finances all on her first season and despite her really unconventional and borderline inappropriate relationship with her ex, she really cemented herself as the voice of reason. I found her to be the type to say the right thing at the right time. She had her "shady" moments during confessionals but in reality I think she was the least dramatic this season. I also love how great of a sport she was with her accommodations at Ashley's beach house while her friend Gizelle stomped around about it. I question her friendship/close ties with Gizelle, but hey... I don't have to like her friend, to like her. And I really do like her, however, I will say... she's the "least tv exciting". In the sense, that she's pretty put-together and doesn't have dramatic moments or a juicy scandalous storyline, which is also probably the same reason why I like her.

24charrisseecrazy.gif

Charrisse:

Spoiler
Honestly, I saved the best for last. I don't necessarily like Charrisse and I could never see myself getting along with her if I met her. However, I will say she gave us everything this season. Her one liners were perfection, she gave us: sass, crazy and some cold hard facts. She showed us vulnerability and opened up about her loneliness while her husband works away from her and then opened up about her failing relationship. She showed us her life as a mom and the sacrifices she makes for her children. She gave us amazing moments like telling Ashley she spelled her name wrong, royally checking Gizelle for acting super obnoxious in her house during the crab-boil and telling the women that "she's psycho so she apologizes for what she will do [on the trip] in advance". On the reunion she told us her husband isn't speaking to her anymore (possibly due to her being on the show). I honestly think she was a vital addition to this cast, I really think of her as the heart beat of season 1 and hope she's returning for season 2.

I just started watching the show Abbott Elementary on HULU. I admittedly have not had much time for TV but this show was recommended to me by a close friend of mine who has pretty good taste in everything so I figured I'd give it a shot. So far, I like it. It's about a group of teachers working in the Philadelphia school system and since my friend is also a teacher I could see why she liked/recommended this show in particular. I knew I had to check it out when she told me I'd be "such a Melissa" (the redhead character) if I were a teacher. Can't say I disagree. 😂 I'd describe it as a "clean-ish" comedy, can be watched with kids of a certain age but still has some adult humor that is only caught by adults. Also has some heart-warming, feel-good moments. Very sitcom-y, but I kind of like it lol! Also gives off a bit of a "The Office" vibe so if you like the office you're going to have either strong favorable or negative opinions about it. So far only 3 episodes are out on HULU but I'm looking forward to the progression of the season. 

tumblr_09dddfbd5fe7a3f3952b4b111ca5117c_2bb9e9f0_500.gif

tumblr_c847aa4f64913b92126fe3e427d86701_548a8883_540.gif

Info About the Show:

Spoiler
In this workplace comedy, a group of dedicated, passionate teachers—and a slightly tone-deaf principal—are brought together in a Philadelphia public school where, despite the odds stacked against them, they are determined to help their students succeed in life. Though these incredible public servants may be outnumbered and underfunded, they love what they do — even if they don't love the school district's less-than-stellar attitude toward educating children.  "Abbott Elementary" stars Quinta Brunson as Janine Teagues, Tyler James Williams as Gregory Eddie, Janelle James as Ava Coleman, Chris Perfetti as Jacob Hill, Lisa Ann Walter as Melissa Schemmenti and Sheryl Lee Ralph as Barbara Howard.  

I just binge watched The Witcher season 2.  

I am trying to watch more movies so my husband and I recently watched all these in the last couple of months

The Perfect Date

The Other Half of It

Moana (My daughter and I watched this one)

Fast and Furious-Fate of the Furious and F9

Love Hard

Jungle Cruise 

Red Notice

Shang Chi

Jumanji-the two new ones 

I don't watch much tv. But I do watch all the Marvel shows, and Mandalorian and now Book of Boba Fett. I try to watch The Masked Singer and I Can See Your Voice.  I like the Gordon Ramsey shows as well. 

New Dexter! So excited about it! And sad there is only 10 episodes and no more. This is it. At least that's what they say... 

RavenR_0-1641588645365.gif

@RavenR Yessssss!!!! This special series has been SO GOOD! Last week’s episode gave me some Dexter of old vibes and I was so nostalgic for it haha. Unfortunately I don’t think they’ll continue it as it is, and I don’t think people would be overly interested in a spin off that it is almost kind a sorta setting up. It just wouldn’t be as good. I don’t wanna give away too much in case someone hasn’t had a chance to watch it but they want to. 

Has anyone else watched the Harry Potter reunion?! Finally watched it yesterday; totally gave me chills!!! 

2440D8FA-97A4-46C1-B479-E5029BC7912F.jpeg

@Kim888 I wish. I don't have that channel. 

Okie who’s watching SATC sequel? 2 episodes in and I think they did a good job so far 😍

E736A6A4-BA3A-4FDC-981B-9C999669BA80.jpeg

@QueenMarceline @Kim888 @quspork Can I have a change of heart? It’s dragging. I don’t know if they try too hard to PC but it seems forced and awkward. I watched the last episode and couldn’t squeeze out a laugh. Now I’m 😢 sad. I would recommend Emily in Paris over it. It’s liked young version of SATC. Btw, did anyone feel liked the SATC wardrobe are lust lacking lol 😂 

@blackkitty2014 So funny about your update-- my husband and I started it over the holidays but we haven't caught up on the last couple of episodes because... as much as I want to love it, there's just something lacking for me. I don't know if it's the fashion, or the writing, or just how times have changed, but it doesn't hit the same notes that the original series did unfortunately. I keep hearing such good things about Emily in Paris though, so I'll definitely be adding that to the list. We did just binge the new season of Cobra Kai though and I just love that show. It's so camp and they don't take themselves too seriously which totally works. 

I won’t blame you @quspork 😢 I feel really sad about the sequel is very hard to watch. Cobra Kai is a fun show 😘

@blackkitty2014  I can't watch the reboot 😪. After that first episode, I just can't. Without saying any spoilers, my husband went through something similar to Mr. Big (thank goodness my husband is A-OK) but the trauma of that event is still too fresh. 

@blackkitty2014 100% agree - they are trying way too hard ! It’s uncomfortable to watch. And yeah the clothing is….a choice. There was the one episode where Carrie had 2 different clown like outfits and that was it for me lol. 

I haven’t watched season 2 of Emily in Paris yet but I enjoyed season 1! Just much more fun! 

@blackkitty2014 Oh no! Let me retract my statement. I definitely have felt your sentiments from others as well. My co-worker loved SATC and she hates the reboot and mirrored pretty much everything you just said.

@blackkitty2014 I haven't been watching 😕 admittedly was never a huge fan of SATC but I used to watch here and there. Samantha was hands-down my favorite character so it seems really off without her in the cast. My BFF is a huge SATC fan but she's scared to watch the new one because of the poor reviews or as she says "I don't want my memory of it ruined" LOL! I'll pass along that some people do indeed like it and that she should give it a go. 😂

@blackkitty2014 @I’ve been watching! I’m not a huge fan, it feels a little like a car crash you can’t look away from from though haha. I feel like people either really love it or hate it! I do think they’ve settled a little bit though in the next few episodes so it feels a bit more like “them” 

5 Replies
testing