Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I love it @itsfi , we should do a book club! Ugh no prob not , pressure!! 😂 It truly is so good, no spoilers for you for sure! 🥰

@Sunnysmom, if y'all want to chat about it, no worries about spoilers. I'll still watch. 😃 "Book" club started that way a while back. Then it became let's all get together for dinner or meet up at a wine bar to discuss the book. Then it took longer for everyone to actually get through the book, but the dinner meet ups still happened. lol. The pandemic put the going out on "pause". And it seems "book" club may be morphing into TV show club. 📺 Whoops. 😬😂

Oh no no @itsfi we would never do that! 😊 that’s so fun! You guys have had a book club? How awesome! Thank goodness dinner still happened 😂. Haha tv show club. Women’s murder show club. 😳😂

@quspork @Sunnysmom Looking forward for more shows from Kate

@blackkitty2014 @quspork I hear chatter that she’s in for another season if it would work out! 💃🏻 yes please! 

I've heard some murmurings about a season two as well, @Sunnysmom. It would be interesting to see how it would be handled. 

It will @quspork . You always hope it’s as amazing as the first magical season! 

Wasn’t it soo good @quspork  @blackkitty2014 ?! Loved the ending! They all did look so shady, I kept trying to guess and nope!😂 Did you watch it @itsfi ?! 

@Sunnysmom, I started watching it and loved it. Then got distracted and sidetracked with real life demands. Will pick back up with it soon. 

I’m crazy about this show too @blackkitty2014 @itsfi ! It’s so good! 

@blackkitty2014, I'm making a note to watch this soon. 📺 Read a summary of this Kate Winslet series and it sounds like one I would like. You and @ohheyitscindyk gave me a good rec for Midsomer Murders. Thanking you now in advance! 😘

@itsfi BritTV has entire series of Agatha Christy Hercules Poirot and Miss Marples on YouTube. I’m watching them again. Oldies but goodies if you like murder mystery liked I do 😘

@blackkitty2014, that says a lot about them if they are worth rewatching! I had a free month long trial of AcornTV and liked it. Was thinking about just signing up for the sub because they have a lot of good content. I'll check to see if the ones you mentioned are available on it and if so, guess like I have a new sub. Thank you for the recs! 😘

@itsfi Not sure if you've already signed up, but Amazon currently has a Prime Day deal where you can get certain channels, like Acorn TV, for 99 cents/month for the first two months.

Also, check out Hoopla if you haven't yet. You can borrow TV episodes, movies, etc. through the site with a library card. They have some Acorn TV shows. I know for sure both shows (Poirot & Marple) are on there. The only thing is that you can only borrow 8 items per month, so it's not the best for binging 🙂

@ohheyitscindyk, thank you!! This is so helpful! I wouldn’t have known about any of this. Thank you, thank you! 🤗 

@itsfi I agree with @blackkitty2014; love both shows!

@ohheyitscindyk, you and @blackkitty2014 have not steered me wrong! 😘 I feel like now I should vet any show I even think about watching past you both! That would ensure it'll be a good one! 📺

@itsfi Haha!

I've recently installed the Vudu streaming service on Firestick and rented Ghost in the Shell. I watched it because I saw a preview and it looked interesting. Instead, it turned out to be brilliant! Scarlet Johansson is an amazing actress, and I was impressed by the storyline, it was even crazier than Matrix films.

I love this thread! So many of us are watching series and shows and movies so much more in the last year... great way to learn about some great shows we didn't know about.

I am currently watching the new Netflix show Fate: The Winx Saga..  which has sort of a Harry Potter feel to it since it is about fairies and magic. The concept of the show seems to be a bit overdone in my mind, but it is good so far! 

Also watching Riverdale... which has become a bit far fetched in my opinion but it is so popular and so well loved. I've watched it since the beginning so I'll continue this season anyways, although I find I struggle to want to watch it anymore. 

I currently watching Dawson’s creek on Netflix. Now I know why I wasn’t allowed to watch it as a kid. Lol strict parents 

1 Reply
testing