Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Yes you do! 

I went to see the Harley Quinn movie this weekend and did not enjoy it. I just find DC Movies so cringe-y. They try to hard. Either too hard to be funny or too hard to be serious. Margot Robbie wasn’t bad as Harley but everything else- yikes. 

@makeitup305 ,

I am so bummed to hear this! I typically jump at any chance to see a super hero story at the movies but this one seemed so odd and not what I was expecting for the Harley Quinn story line. I will probably wait when it comes out on DVD. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I finally watched To All The Boys I've Loved Before. It's really cute. I thought it was one of those teenage movies that I'm too old to watch and understand but I loved it. 

YAY @ZakiyaBT ! I love this movie and it just makes you smile! 

-Janean

@ZakiyaBT Yay. Just in time for the sequel. The books are really good too. 

@SportyGirly125 I watched the sequel and it was soo cute. The dress that she wore to the party was so pretty and I hope when I am old I can live in a retirement home like that one. It was fabulous! 

@ZakiyaBT Same. That place looked like a lot of fun. 

@ZakiyaBT SO happy you watched it! Now we can watch the second and discuss it!

Best,
Rebecca

Wait, there is a sequel? Did it already come out?

Hi @ZakiyaBT,

It comes out Wednesday (or tonight at midnight :))! The third has already been filmed too!

Best,
Rebecca

I just finished watching episode 4 of White House Farm on the BBC.  It ended on a bit of a cliffhanger tonight - definitely a pull to keep people in for the last two episodes.  I also am watching the current UK seasons of Grantchester and Death in Paradise.  Grantchester took an interesting turn when James Norton left the show for such projects as last year's Mafia and The Trial of Christine Keeler which just ended on Sunday (I'm only on episode 2).  This season, I don't feel that Grantchester is utilizing Leonard as they did in the past.  He's a great character so it's sad to see him pushed off a bit to the sideline, IMHO.   I just finished Pandemic on Netflix and watch that 70s Show every day at lunch because well, one needs a laugh during the day.  Still like the Conners.  I see others watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix.   Not certain if I want to keep watching series 3 of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - I tend to feel annoyed by Sabrina.  To me she comes across as self absorbed - particularly as series 2.  I have quite a few shows in my queue - primarily in castellano.  One movie I saw over the weekend on Netflix was the African Doctor - very touching movie.  It's one I recommend.  I really don't stream / watch as much tv as this sounds but I've not posted in quite some time.  

Hi @MCSSavvy,

Love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Hi Everybody,

I just finished watching Cheer on Netflix and started watching the 3rd part of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

I loved Cheer and the stories of all of the cheerleaders. They are so talented and even if you aren't into cheer leading, watching how this team comes together is amazing! Also the things these college students put their bodies through is insane! 

PSA: don't watch Sabrina and eat food at the same time. There are some nasty bits in this show. LOL! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  Other than the grossness factor, would you recommend Sabrina? 

Ehhhh! It is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. It is NOTHING like the old show: Sabrina the Teenage Witch. This one is  based on the comic book and it has a lot of dark religious aspects to the show that may bother some. I have to watch it during the day, because I am a scaredy cat lol but it is probably not the most scary thing you have ever watched. 

@JaneanBT  Oh, I'm so glad I asked because I assumed it was based on the Sabrina the Teenage Witch show. I am clearly totally out of the loop because I didn't even realize there was a comic book. Clearly I need to research this a bit more...haha. 

I just finished the second part of Sabrina and am going to start the third too! 🙂 I wonder what's going to happenn.

Buckle up @kevinbt ! It gets even more crazy in part 3! 

-Janean

Hi @JaneanBT,

I am obsessed with Cheer! It is so good! 

Best,
Rebecca

I watched the Wu-Tang Clan series on Hulu over the weekend - it was so good! I'm hoping they are coming out with more episodes/seasons. 

testing