Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

So you're saying I should give Four Friends and a Funeral a go @JaneanBT? I feel like they ran the same "supposed to be funny" promo a million times and that got on my nerves and I gave it a pass.

@JaneanBT The Sinner was really good. Season 2 was a bit strange for me though. 

Honestly, @GG84,

Both seasons were very strange to me but good. I agree the story line for season 2, especially the family that the suspect came from was...odd. LOL.

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT Odd is a kind way to put it LOL 

@JaneanBT  I'm totally into Four Weddings and a Funeral! The fashion and looks are fabulous, everything that Maya and Ainsley wear, and their makeup?! Plus I'm a huge sucker for London/British rom coms 🙂 Love that dry humor and wit and slight disdain that permeates all interactions. 

So perfectly put @MissPuff! I feel the exact same. I am not the biggest fan of Kash and Mya's story lines. Basheer is one of my faves and I wish he was in it more. Gemma is another favorite as well. I love her posh lifestyle but she has the most abrupt attitude towards Duffy! 

@JaneanBT I love Bash and Gemma! Bash is also in Turn Up Charlie, so entertaining! Gemma is my inner monologue, so sharp 🙂 

Money Heist on Netflix. Just started and binge watching. I can't sleep at night because of the adrenaline rush. Make sure you don't watch it before going to bed.

Aaahhhh, I just finished this up last night, and can't wait for more!!! I was surprised at how much I loved it and got into it! 💰

Just finished Derry Girls season 2 on Netflix. Watching the last season of Poldark on the BBC and Pennyworth on Epix.  Waiting for the next season of Chicas del cable to be released on Netflix -  Friday I think.

Hi @MCSSavvy ,

I watched 1 episode of Derry Girls and I could not do it! I typically love these types of quirky coming of age, British shows (it's based in Ireland, right?). I just could not do it! 

My sisters and mom love Poldark. I really want to watch Pennyworth! Did you like it?

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  Oh that's too bad!  I really love Derry Girls but perhaps knowing the historical context of the Troubles and Good Friday agreement helped.  Love the background music and Sister Michael.  Anyway, I do enjoy Pennyworth but there are some scenes that I just have to skip through as I think they are a bit over the top and gory.  The first three episodes already premiered and then it picks back up the 11th.  

RE: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I started Mr Robot, it’s sooooo good! I’m sad there’s only 3 seasons

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Hi 🤗 I'm watching a TV show on NBC called The InBetwenn! 🔝👍🔝

I finished binge watching Stranger Things and am now on Orange is the New Black. One non-Netflix show I am watching is Euphoria (with Zendaya). I like it much more than I anticipated!

I watched OITNB and it was really sad but I was happy with the ending. I also saw one episode of Euphoria and it was good but it was a lot. I'm glad that I did not go to high school during the times of social media! These kids are going through a lot and it is all being recorded. 

Hi @ParrotTulips ,

I loved Stranger Things! I read what happens in OITNB because I have a feeling it is too sad for me to watch. I can't believe it is over! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone watch the new Amazon show: The Boys? I binged it this weekend and it...makes me not like super heroes lol. It's a cool twist where super heroes are corrupt and essentially run by a big corporation. 

Chace Crawford is in it from Gossip Girl. 

It has interesting humor but it is really bloody so keep that in mind. I think I will stick to loving Marvel super heroes. 

Captain America would never do the things the super heroes in this new show would do lol. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT I just finished The Boys! I wasn't sure what to expect, but it surprised me. I thought the premise was interesting.

Chace Crawford's character was great for comic relief. I kept wondering who Hughie looked like & then I looked him up & saw he's Dennis Quaid & Meg Ryan's son. I don't remember him in Hunger Games, either. The actor who plays Homelander was great, I also looked him up because he looked familiar. He was in a show called Banshee from a while ago, which was good.

I'm excited to see where season 2 goes!

Hi @ohheyitscindyk .

I am so happy that season 2 is already in production! And yes! Dennis Quaid made a cute kid! Hughie was a fun character and so was Frenchie! 

I remember seeing Banshee when it first aired! That must be where I know the actor from. 

I am excited to see what happens next! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT Yes! Frenchie was one of my favorites 🙂

9 Replies
testing