Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I'm obsessed with the second season of Fleabag. Has anyone else seen it? It's hilarious and poignant at times, but it did shatter my heart!

Hi @txcatx 

THE PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm OBSESSED! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Has anybody watched When They See Us on Netflix? It's really good...heartbreaking...but a great true story that I'm glad is being told on a larger platform.  

@ZakiyaBT I just finished the last part last night (with Korey as the focus) and the entire series left me speechless. I had read about the trial and miscarriage of justice previously but the emotional impact of Now They See Us...I have no words. So incredibly well done and something that everyone should watch. Did you watch Oprah's follow up interview with the men as well as Ava DuVernay and the actors? I think it's also on Netflix now. 

I totally agree! I watched a documentary about them a few years ago and his story left me speechless then and when I watched this series it brought back those same emotions and more. I watched Oprah's special last night and my heart goes out to all of them especially Antron. I pray that he seeks the help that he needs to overcome all that happened to him and his family.

@ZakiyaBT  I just watched the first part. This is not a binge-watching series for me. My heart is 💔 I think I’ll take a couple days between each part. 

@ZakiyaBT Listening to Antron broke my heart, all of them tried to be so hopeful but it was so obvious that those scars are never going to go away. The utter disregard the "justice" system had for these children, for the impact this would have on their lives forever... And even today, there feels like there's no real justice for them, all those people involved, barely any accountability minus the few recent instances with Fairstein and Lederer, but even that feels like too little too late. It blows my mind that the system can so easily throw people into these situations then just forget about them. Ruin lives and not even lose sleep. 

Right! I pray that this opens more eyes and that some major changes come to our justice system. They completely failed them and many others.

@ZakiyaBT I saw it and loved it. It is so incredibly sad, but absolutely amazing. Definitely a must-watch!

@ZakiyaBT  I haven’t seen it, but I’m definitely planning to check it out. Have you seen the article on Time describing the fall-out for the real prosecutors following the airing of the show? Netflix is a powerful medium. 

Yes! What's done in the dark will come to light and that is exactly what is happening to those prosecutors. I think that all other cases that they have been involved in should be examined too. I hope that this saves a lot of innocent people.

Yes! This was an incredibly powerful and absolutely heartbreaking show. Like you, @ZakiyaBT, I think they really need to take a deep dive into the other cases of the prosecutors and officers involved in these arrests. You just know that this wasn't the only time they got away with railroading innocent people (children!). 

Exactly! What also made me so upset were the adds that our current president paid thousands of dollars encouraging the death penalty, these were innocent children. 

RE: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I am currently rewatching Hemlock Grove. I hate the end though and that it only has three seasons! I ask people if they watch it and only one person has said yes but it’s an amazing show more people should watch it

I loved Hemlock Grove!

I loved Hemlock Grove!

Re: RE: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Hi @PeanutAnimals6 ,

I have watched it! That show is wild!!!!! I also hated the ending! But I love shows with monsters in it! 😉 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Watching the last couple episodes of season 2 of The Handmaid’s Tale, just in time for season 3 to start shortly!

And lately I’ve been rewatching Mad Men and old seasons of Rupaul’s Drag Race 😊

RE: Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I’m rewatching the handmaids tale to watch the new season

RE: Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Ive only seen a couple of episodes but I loved the book! And there is a new book being released in a few months

Re: RE: Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

@KehDee  It really stays close to the book — until they run out of book, of course 😊 But they’re keeping to the spirit of the content and my understanding is that Margaret Atwood remains involved. Did you hear she’s coming out with a follow-up book??

@PinkEvergreen I need to watch Handmaids Tale! I hear it is great!

Best,

Rebecca

7 Replies
testing