Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

GOT last night....I don't want to give anything away but Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna) is an amazing actress. I couldn't have imagined a better end to that episode.

And even with the circumstances of her situation she still managed to one-up the Lannisters.

@trishavt That was epic for sure. But I don't know who I'm rooting for anymore! Do I hate Cersei for being evil or do I love her for being genius? Am I worried Dany is going to let her power go to her head and make reckless decisions or will Tyrion keep her on track? Is Jon gunna accept his role as a leader or will he run away from it as soon as he accomplishes his goal? Will Sansa turn in to Cersei?? Is Jaime turning on Cersei? There is only one thing I do know 100%. Littlefinger can't be trusted. He'd take all of them down quickly and happily when he has the chance. 

I don't think Cersei is genius. She always shoots herself in the foot. First by thinking she could control the High Sparrow and ending up a prisoner, and then she causes her last son to commit suicide. She is lucky she has smart people around her. Her brother is helpful for military purposes, Euron Greyjoy is kicking but on the seas, and her Maester is very intelligent and provides guidance.

Im rooting for Jon Snow/Sansa Stark (any of the Starks).

Spoiler

I have a suspicion Sansa will reign in his place (Im betting something will happen to him-wild hunch). Out of all the characters, Sansa has suffered the most after being tormented by Joffrey and Ramsay. It seems fitting that Sansa would come to rule the North given her experiences and background. One of my favorite scenes from the last episode was Sansa taking charge in John's absence. You could tell Littlefinger was in awe as well, and he's made several comments in the past that she looks just like her mother, who we all know is the only person he has ever loved. I also suspect that Sansa will be Littlefinger's undoing. To leave a character like Littlefinger unharmed or without a tragic ending seems unfair to its viewers. Case in point: House Frey. Anyway, I hope he gets his just deserts.

I've watched several of the producer/writer commentary videos and they are keen on making a point that females can and should rule kingdoms. It's a big reason why I love this show. Last point: as much as I dislike Cersei, I want her to stick around because her story is so interesting. And I cant wait to see more from Arya.

@alexasteph @Tamara76 I'm rooting for Jon Snow/Sansa Stark (any of the Starks).

Spoiler

I have a suspicion Sansa will reign in his place (Im betting something will happen to him-wild hunch). Out of all the characters, Sansa has suffered the most after being tormented by Joffrey and Ramsay. It seems fitting that Sansa would come to rule the North given her experiences and background. One of my favorite scenes from the last episode was Sansa taking charge in John's absence. You could tell Littlefinger was in awe as well, and he's made several comments in the past that she looks just like her mother, who we all know is the only person he has ever loved. I also suspect that Sansa will be Littlefinger's undoing. To leave a character like Littlefinger unharmed or without a tragic ending seems unfair to its viewers. Case in point: House Frey. Anyway, I hope he gets his just deserts.

I've watched several of the producer/writer commentary videos and they are keen on making a point that females can and should rule kingdoms. It's a big reason why I love this show. Last point: as much as I dislike Cersei, I want her to stick around because her story is so interesting. And I cant wait to see more from Arya.

@Tamara76 sooooo good!! This episode was amazing!! 

Spoiler
I was so impressed by Olenna!!! Like seriously!?!? Good on you lady!! She was one of my favorites. Danys line is known for intermarrying. I think her parents were brother and sister if memory serves me? Or somehow related? Don't quote me on that though. But yeah, them being related doesn't mean it won't happen. I'm still thinking it might since Jon and Dany are ostensibly the Fire and Ice the books refer too according to some websites? GoT throws me for a loop all the time though so who knows. I'm also impressed with Cersei. I can't say I blame her for this episode. What they did to Myrcella was jacked. I'm already fiending for this Sunday that's for sure. 

@Tamara76 

Spoiler
Well... The Targaryens have been known to couple off that way before so it wouldn't be too odd for them. Given the things Melisandre has been saying, there does seem to be a lot of foreshadowing for it to happen. I also think Tyrion is the 3rd head of the dragon, there is some evidence he's also a Targaryen. 

OMG!   @alexasteph @trishavt@liv545

Lady Olenna is savage!

Littlefinger is ultra shady.

And for a minute, I thought that....

Spoiler
Jon Snow and Khaleesi might hook up, but given Bran's visions, it sounds like they may actually be aunt/nephew (?I think?), so.... nope!   Hope not!

Anonymous Insider

Game of Thrones

Silicon Valley

Younger

I've been binge watching The Walking Dead on Netflix the last few days.  I missed the first few seasons so decided to watch it from the beginning. Now I can't stop.  Maggie and Glenn forever! 

Tonight I will be watching "Midnight, Texas" on NBC, and hoping for the best!  I hope they haven't changed it too much from the books!

I really like Charlaine Harris' books, but not necessarily the wild TV adaptations which stray from the books.  I feel the same way about movies, I want them to stay true to the books.  Good luck to "Midnight, Texas!"  🙂

Edit:  To be brief, I didn't love it.   Eeeeew!  Too gory for me, and throws everything from 3 books in all at once in the first 2 shows!

Oh no! I just finished the first two episodes and I'm liking the show so far. I haven't read the books, so that's probably why. 

TV shows and movies not respecting (or more like ruining) the source material is one of my biggest pet peeves, too. I guess I'll read the Midnight, Texas series when the show is over then! 

@lmi82,

That's the better way to do it! If you like the TV show, you will probably like the books.

I really like Charlaine Harris books, especially the paranormal ones.

I loved the  Harper Connelly series (starting with Grave Sight.)  Have you read the Southern Vampire, Sookie Stackhouse series?  If you like Midnight, Texas, you might want to look into those series too.  Midnight, Texas has characters from some of her other series in it, even her mystery series that aren't paranormal.  It's a fun touch for those of us who are fans and have read everything. (Guilty.)  

Enjoy the show!

RE: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

One tree hill!!

Just started Ozarks on Netflix. Loving it so far.

And the first trailer for Stranger Things 2 is B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

@etscore1,  

Thanks for this preview! I loved Season 1 of "Stranger Things!"  Here's hoping that this one can be as good!  I'm writing this on my calendar for October 27th.  

I'm currently watching Games of Thrones, Orphan Black and still catching up with Midsomer Murders ... too many to watch ... too little times 😉

I've been obsessed with Orphan Black! I only discovered it a few weeks ago, but I've been watching it relentlessly and now I'm caught up to the current season....which is also the last 😧

I've been watching Live PD. I love that show! I just watched The Accountant with Ben Affleck last night, great movie!

@Samtian,   I really liked The Accountant, too!  Good actors!

@tsavorite I agree!

testing