Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

RE: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Marcel's Defenders!
Anonymous Insider

Friends and Riverdale😍

Friends and Riverdale😍

RE: Friends and Riverdale😍

@Anonymous I loveee friends
Anonymous Insider

Gossip Girl

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

GoT, y'all. GAME OF THRONES. 

It's been two days. I'm still processing. 

I just finished watching all the star war movies with my daughter. She watched     Episode VII at school and wanted to watch the whole series.

Now we are waiting for next one to release so we can watch it in the movie theatre.

Is anybody sad that Orphan Black coming to an end??? I'm finishing up Orphan Black.  And of course i'm loving Games of Thrones right now.  I'm waiting for the new season of Narcos.  

I watched the entire series of Orphan Black this summer and am so sad it's over. I found myself so invested in the clones and was amazed at how convincingly different Tatiana Maslany played each one. 

Well I don't have Netflix, so in the summer I pretty much only watch America's Got Talent, Entertainment Tonight, Botched, and reruns of everything else. The rest of the year I love watching Criminal Minds, American Horror Story, Law & Order SVU, American Crime, Ellen, Modern Family, Bob's Burger's, Intervention, Carpool Karaoke, The Late Show, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live...

My boyfriend introduced me to Game Of Thrones, and ever since i'm obsessedddd!! You have to force yourself to watch the first episode in order for  you to get hooked, def would recommend to anyone looking to start a new series, the new season just started as well ! 

Ugh - I can't reply to your post. @alexasteph

Yes - I've also heard that theory about Tyrion!   We shall see!

I've been having the hardest time replying to any of your posts regarding GOT.  @Tamara76 @alexasteph and anyone else interested in GOT. 

Anyway, I'm rooting for Jon Snow/Sansa Stark (any of the Starks).

Spoiler

I have a suspicion Sansa will reign in his place (Im betting something will happen to him-wild hunch). Out of all the characters, Sansa has suffered the most after being tormented by Joffrey and Ramsay. It seems fitting that Sansa would come to rule the North given her experiences and background. One of my favorite scenes from the last episode was Sansa taking charge in Jon's absence. You could tell Littlefinger was in awe as well, and he's made several comments in the past that she looks just like her mother, who we all know is the only person he has ever loved. I also suspect that Sansa will be Littlefinger's undoing. To leave a character like Littlefinger unharmed or without a tragic ending seems unfair to its viewers. Case in point: House Frey. Anyway, I hope he gets his just deserts.

I've watched several of the producer/writer commentary videos and they are keen on making a point that females can and should rule kingdoms. It's a big reason why I love this show. Last point: as much as I dislike Cersei, I want her to stick around because her story is so interesting. And I cant wait to see more from Arya.

@trishavt Oh, this was months and months ago. Everything is good now, it's a super long story... It was literally a case of women being mean to another woman for the sake of being mean. With some help (HR, and some coworkers who supported me) I was able to expose that and basically prove they were being petty for no real reason. Once I got them involved they backed off because they didn't have anything to actually stand on. But they don't mess with me anymore because I didn't let them get away with it, when they've gotten away with it with others. Thank you for your concern though! 

@alexasteph 

My guess on Sansa ruling is based on some deviations the writers/producers have made from the books. I've read there are some significant differences so it wouldn't surprise me if they made her ruler of the North, but there is the strong likelihood they'll keep Jon Snow as the ruler.
It sounds like you're in a tough situation at work. Have you reached out to HR or a counselor? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more. 🙂

@grayreb Littlefinger made some comment about how command suits Sansa.

Thats an interesting point about the dagger. I'm hoping he's using it in self defense or to help someone rather than hurt someone but who knows. This is Littlefinger after all! 

@trishavt 

Spoiler
I agree, I think Sansa is his only weakness. Classic case of a man being totally messed up by a woman. If Sansa weren't in the picture though, he'd be even more of a snake than he is now. I like your idea about Sansa ruling the North, but I do worry she's taken too much from Cersei, as she's really the only (female) ruler she's ever known. With Joffrey and with Ramsey she's definitely been through it... but will that make her stronger or vengeful? Interesting point about females ruling the kingdoms... I think it's quite similar to real life where women would be capable of ruling if we weren't always fighting each other and bringing each other down (I'm just thinking of my own life, I've been supported personally and professionally by more males than females and have had more significant disagreements/issues with woman, especially this past year - I had 3 women gang up on me who tried to destroy my career and it was my male coworkers who helped me fight that when I made it clear I couldn't do it on my own... no women stepped up). It may come down to a massive female battle... Cersei vs. Sansa vs. Dany... With two having something against 1 and the those two being unwilling to help each other. 

I'm still waiting to see how Arya actually plays a role though... She seems like a forgotten character who has had her own independent story line. Initially her goal was to kill Cersei, but now that she's going back to Winterfell and changed her plan so quickly, I don't know what her end game is. She wasn't even in the last episode. I honestly am least interested in her story line, but there is clearly a point if she's still around going strong. 

I didn't take Littlefinger's expressions so much as awe at Sansa, as I did as him hearing about years of records being kept and Sansa asking the one man to go through them. Just a guess, but maybe he is worried there is something incriminating in there. Then in the preview for the next episode, we see what looks like him unsheathing his dagger, maybe to prevent the incriminating information from getting back to Sansa and Jon?

@Tamara76 We'll get those third level replies soon! Hahahahaha.

@alexasteph I surely hope so. It makes for such randomness not to be able to exactly reply, lol.

I just finished watching the Handmaid's Tale. Woah that was such an amazing series.  No BT for the handmaids :).  

Also loving the Strain and GOT being back on and getting more into IZombie

I just finished watching Friends From College on Netflix. If you like dry humor then you might like this one.  The episodes are only 30 minutes and 8 episodes, I hope season 2 comes along soon.

testing