Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I have recently started Izombie and I'm loving it!

I am obsessing over American horror story,

Ash vs evil dead,I don't care that Bruce Campbell is 57 old he is still smokin' hot!

i mean seriously?, need I say more? *mic drop*

Anonymous Insider

Had to use an unknown site (screenrant) to find the shows premiering and coming back from Christmas break. I usually rely on IGN.

CW is going to be doing another superhero show. A lot of BTer favorites too in the coming weeks (Agent Carter, Walking Dead)

Here is what I'm looking forward to:

Shannara Chronicles 1-05
The 100 1-21
iZombie 1-12
Black Sails 1-23
X files 1-24 (special prem) & 1-25 (reg)
Muppets 2-2
Vikings 2-18

Some great ones on Netflix (some already mentioned):

- The Fall (serial kills, dark and gritty - great female lead by Gillian Anderson, unusual characters)

- Sens8 (sexy and unusual sci fi)

- Dicte (subtitled, great female leads and stories!)

- Rita (similar to above)

- Chef's Table (up and coming chefs, haute cuisine)

- Borgias (and Borgia - US and Euro versions)

Good things on Amazon Prime:

- Downton Abbey of course

- Mr. Selfridge

- Breathless (60s medical)

- Red Oaks (80s country club comedy!)

- New Worlds (founding american colonies)

- Mozart in the Jungle (NYC SO)

And next on my list to watch: Poldark! and then when the new season of Marco Polo comes out, whenever the heck that will be (I will watch the 100 Eyes backstory Netflix special this week).

Netflix series "Making a Murderer"

if you have Netflix, give this show a try. I've watched two episodes and it is phenomenal IMO. It's shot documentary style. The characters are so real. 

Edited: finished watching the series. It's sooo good. And it's an actual documentary so um yeah, the characters are so real because they are actual people. 

Alright, is it just me or is anybody else in a slump after Scream Queens ended??? I swear, that was THE BEST tv show out there . . .bomb.com status. Any other recommendations? And who's getting pumped for Shadowhunters?

Yes! Scream Queens was such a great guilty pleasure show!

Totally, jeyrosella! Couldn't agree more.

ok here we go:

1. big bang theory - omg ShAmy killed it - ahhmaaaziingg !!!
  2. just finished Jessica Jones the other week
  3. Znation
  4. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills  - yes the stupid drama is funny..

I have been on a huge Doctor Who kick lately.  I am thinking of cutting the cord on cable and just doing the internet tv thing.  

Anonymous Insider

Between Hulu and Netflix you can watch pretty much anything.

Anonymous Insider

watching Masters of None today. Brilliant.

Does anyone watch Fresh Off the Boat? Their Christmas episode was HILARIOUS.

I've also binge watched every episode of The Following recently while stumbling through finals week and it was thrilling and gory and kept me up so I could study XD

Yes!  Fresh off the boat is my new favorite show.  Completely hilarious!

Anonymous Insider

Finished watching Jessica Jones (yay!), watched the first three episodes of the Expanse (ehhhh), caught up on Ash vs Evil Dead (hehehe), done with this season of Fargo (UFOs dude), up to mid-season break on iZombie (seriously, this is popcorn but I still love it), got sucked into Into the Badlands (I'm here for Wu, the kid needs to get lost). I'm also slowly working through Food Wars (up to episode 11).

I know a lot of people love Mad Men so I started watching it on Netflix the other day but maybe it's just not my kind of show but I found it extremely boring.  

Big Mad Men fan here.  Probably because I'm older than dirt lol and remember so much of the fashion and office politics of those days. Everyone smoked everywhere. 2 martini lunches were the norm.  Watching it brought back memories which is why I loved it so much.

Haha I knew at least one person would do that!

I really don't go for shows like this.  I like shows that that have a lot of action, or paranormal, or medical related.  So it's not that surprising that I didn't like it.  I didn't like Friends or Seinfeld either.  Those aren't my taste.

Oh man! I heard Breaking Bad was so good though. It's still on my list to watch at some point 

Breaking Bad is so good.  The first few episodes I didn't care for but it gets better and better as it goes.

There are definitely slow parts to it. I stopped watching for a bit but when I went back I fell in love again. The pace is slower than I'm used to but I personally enjoy the show and it's themes (and the character developments over time)

It's way too slow for me.  I probably won't try and watch anymore.

testing