Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Is anyone watching Fargo S2 or the Leftovers S2? 

Sorry if they've already been posted  - I'm loving both shows this season, but my hubby won't watch either because he says they're boring, so I don't have anyone to dish with.

Fargo:

Spoiler
OMG!  The Simone/Bear scene in the woods was so similar to the Adriana/Silvio scene in the woods - wow!  I wonder if he actually pulled the trigger....

The Leftovers:

Spoiler
O.k. It took me a little while to get into this season and I hate the new opening credits sequence, but now I'm really, really loving this season -especially Regina King's family - wow!

Anonymous Insider

Fargo: I hope it actually did happen actually. The character is a brat and was snitching.

Anonymous Insider

Well the finale confirmed it!

Anonymous Insider

rewatching Game of Thrones. any die hard GoT fans out here. talk to me about that s6 teaser haha Jon Snow - dead or alive?

alive, sort of. 😉

Anonymous Insider

I believe Neither.

Spoiler
probably some whitewalker voodoo

I believe...:

Spoiler
...he is still alive.  However, I think the book makes the theory even more plausible than the show (i.e. Red Woman pulling a body switch like she did with Mance/Rattleshirt).

So, after watching the commercials for Supergirl, I was convinced that I wouldn't like it. It seemed cheesy at best. A friend at work encouraged me to watch a full episode, so I did. I actually really like it. The commercials for it really didn't do it justice.

I'm really enjoying Limitless too. It's that perfect balance between drama and humor. Plus, they did a whole episode inspired by Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Hilarious.

Just started watching Empire. I like it a lot!

AAAAAAAAAAAH I watched Doctor Who Saturday night and I'm tempted to start a separate thread to discuss all things Whovian.

Argh. I'm behind two episodes.... must not peek in spoilers. >___<

I have never seen a Doctor Who episode but reading all this emotion from you guys I'm very curious...

54688494.jpg

you need to watch and become a whovian! 🙂  start with the christopher eccleston episodes. this is basically where the reboot starts.

I tried watching it last night! I got through 3 episodes, it's not bad, I don't know if it's for me though maybe it develops more later on?

It's worth sticking with!

I've made it to episode 9!

Oh man that's awesome! It's such an adventure and your inner kid gets into it, but there's also these themes like compassion and appreciation. I hope you enjoy it! 

Some of it was weird to me to be honest like the aliens in London episode, but I really enjoyed the zombie one but as we know from my TWD obsession I like that stuff 😉

I'm going to take TKLJ's advice and move on to S2 and see if it gets me more interested 🙂

The all time best episode is Blink (I believe it was season 3) - just wait!

Give Doctor Who a chance, njattana. The writing is just brilliant. As the actor who plays the Doctor changes, the entire flavor of the show changes as well. I think the producers were trying to find the show's footing with Eccleston as the Doctor, and they hit their stride with David Tennant. Look out for the weeping angels and don't blink 😉

Yes, S1 can take a bit to get started, but there are some real gems there. I'd say S2–4 are the glory days of Nu Who (caveat: I haven't watched the last few new seasons). If you're a viewer like me who sometimes knows something is "important" or a beloved show for whatever reason, but I can't really get into it, sometimes I'll read the wiki entry for the episode or season. Yeah, spoilers, but sometimes I need those spoilers to get me through a confusing plotline or bad episode.

13 Replies
testing