Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I am right in the middle of season 2. Last 2 episodes left. I hope it is not bad.

I'm a Survivor fan! Anyone else?

YES!! And last night's episode was some great Survivor.  This Second Chance season is everything I was hoping it would be, and I had high expectations.  It's hard to see some of my favourites go home early, but there's still so many great players in the season, it's all worth it.

Yes, I do enjoy Survivor, watching last night's episode now. Do you have any favorites?

Man in The High Castle - Amazon Prime. 

Waited forever for this to show up....now I am set for watching it all week.  Highly recommend.

ETA - Doh!  New epsidoes on Nov 20.  I thought they released Nov 6.  Bah!

I need to watch this show (and finish reading the book first). Glad a bunch of us are watching this series!

I watched this because of your comment and really really enjoyed it.  The story and the characters are so compelling.  I'm almost glad I didn't find out about it until now so I don't have to wait that long to watch the new episodes...only one week left!  Thanks for the recommendation!!

Ashley - so glad you enjoyed it!  One more week and I will be binge watching.....

I loved the first two - so interesting!  I'm eagerly awaiting the 20th when I can watch the rest!

Lolli - I have the books on tape as well.  I usually listen to audio books when flying, but the soothing voices put me to sleep 🙂

Oh, neat!  I've never read (or listened to) them, so this is all new to me.

I've been in need of more time spent de-stressing than usual, so I've been binge-watching TV for the past few weeks haha. 

I finished up American Horror Story Asylum and Coven before Halloween. And I've now moved on to Penny Dreadful 🙂

And just to mix things up, I'm slowly rewatching Season 4 of The OC. The only season in my mind worth rewatching 😉 

I just finished Coven and started Freak Show yesterday! I didn't like Coven as much as I liked the first two seasons of AHS. So good though!

Anonymous Insider

I liked the coven wardrobe/cast more than the acting lol. I really don't like Emma Roberts for some weird reason, even when I was little I couldn't stand her. I love Taissa and Evan Peters. I wish Dylan McDermott was back. Season 1 will always be my favorite though.

Yes! I think Emma Roberts is annoying too. Every time I think of her, I think about her getting arrested in real life a couple years ago for domestic violence for beating Evan Peters up. Poor guy. But the acting on that show is some of the best on television!

Anonymous Insider

Exactly. She usually plays the brat....I'm guessing she has a lot of experience with that IRL. I really liked season 1-2 acting, but 3 & 4 kind of let me down. I guess when they set the bar so high with Murder House and Asylum it didn't seem like an AHS show.  Although the acting is still WAAAY better than most shows on tv now.

Coven felt soooo different from the previous two to me. Like an entirely different show. Yet I still did like it, it just didn't feel like an AHS season. 

I'm not a fan of Emma Roberts in general BUT her character was awful... 

Anonymous Insider

I TOTALLY FEEL YOU. It really reminds me of Scream Queens (yet another Emma Roberts show where she's the brat), The Craft, and The Heathers (still one of my favorite dark humor movies). With murder house and asylum, I felt emotionally distraught or scared to death, but with coven I just thought "oh that sucks" when something bad happened. 

I really believe that Scream Queens is the best thing that's ever happened to AHS. Since...you know...it takes up Emma Robert's time. I don't care for Julia Robert's either. They both seem like brats.

I really liked the Freak Show season. But I had low expectations after Coven. I don't really like this season. I think vampires is too cliche for them and that they're recycling themes from Season 1. But I do love Angela Basset's and Evan Peter's characters! They're always fantastic though.

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone been watching Narcos?? I actually really enjoyed it. Narcos was pretty intense but very interesting. A lot of people said, "it portrays Columbia/Columbians in a bad way", but you can't deny that the violent drug history in Columbia..or any country for that matter. It's narrated by a "gringo" DEA agent back in the 70's- 80's about Pablo Escobar. Personally I'm not one to pick at everything that's been added because it's BASED on the events, which is what some critics forgot lol.

Yes! My hubby and I have been watching it together - only a few episodes in, but I loved the movie Blow, with Johnny Depp (yummmm) and I love this too. Only downside is that I can shop on the Sephora app while I watch because there are so many subtitles I have to read... Is that bad? LOL!

1 Reply
testing