Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

I couldn't agree more, sterile and forced. Im all for a good adult drama. Open to any and all suggestions. I've been on a PBS kick lately.

I watch a lot of PBS as I watch a lot of British drama 🙂  Mostly on Netflix or Amazon video.

Anonymous Insider

Oooo do tell! I use Netflix and Amazon too.

Doctor Who fans, don't forget, Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) will be on tonight!  🙂

I am on a backlog.  I am only in the second episode on this season.  Thanks for the heads up!

Being mostly bedridden this week I've been binge watching Scandal, I've made it to Season 3

While it is terrible that you are stuck in bed (get better very soon!), I am VERY jealous you get to watch scandal from fresh.  I adore that show.  Such a good guilty pleasure.  

Thanks! Yes I'm surprised it took me so long to get into it considering I'm addicted to every other Shonda Rhimes show. 

I love the show on Food Network called Cupcake Wars. Also because I love to bake. LOL.

And I also (childish, I know) am SUPER excited for the new Charlie Brown Peanuts movie! I am  going to the theatres to see it! I love classics and the Peanuts altogether... My church is having a Thanksgiving party themed this new Charlie brown movie. LOL:D

Walking Dead is back! Another favorite is Homeland.

Two of my favorites.  I have Walkimg Dead on DVR, can't wait to watch it. Sometimes I like to stack a few episodes so I can binge watch!  Did you see the preview on Showtime for Billions?  That looks like a good one too. It stars the actor who played Brody on Homeland. 

Anyone seen Love & Mercy? It chronicles the brilliance and struggles of Brian Wilson, the lead singer of the Beach Boys. I watched it the other day and found it absolutely phenomenal.

Paul Dano is absolutely spectacular as the young Brian Wilson. John Cusack plays older Brian Wilson, Elizabeth Banks plays his love interest and Paul Giamatti plays his therapist. 

As someone who grew up with a lot of Beach Boys on the stereo, it actually felt like you were watching "Pet Sounds" being created and brought to life before your eyes. Just amazing. 

I wanted to see this so badly when it came out, but things didn't work out. I'm glad to hear you liked it, and look forward to its appearance on Netflix.

I haven't even heard of it, but now I want to see it!

We don't have cable so I always feel so out of the loop on movies. I hadn't heard of it either and figured that had to have been a sign, but it actually got really good reviews. 

The parts with Cusack and Banks are a little generic, and I wish they had gone with smaller names for those roles, but Giamatti was fantastic and Paul Dano was outstanding. 

Highly recommend to anyone who likes the Beach Boys or likes music in general. I always thought of the Beachh Boys as fairly shallow, poppy, California surf music, but it's so much more than that. I really never even considered them to be contemporaries/competitors of The Beatles, but that's exactly what they were. 

And you know you're probably pretty good when Paul McCartney calls one of your songs (God Only Knows) the best song ever written. 

Thanks for the info! I grew up hearing the Beach Boys on family trips as my parents really liked their music. I also grew up on and loved Wilson Phillips. Remember them?! That was one of my very first cassette tapes:)

I was talking to my coworker about the movie and she dropped a Carnie Phillips on me! I feel like I knew the connection at one time, but it totally caught me off guard!

Yes! Two Wilson girls and one Phillips.

Wilson_Phillips_Hold_On_single_cover.jpg

Chynna Phillips, daughter of The Mamas and the Papas! My mom loved them as well.

Now I have to see it!!  Is it on DVD or Netflix?

Redbox and iTunes for now... Netflix I'm sure is coming.

I watched Narcos last week and it was really good!  There's a couple good looking men in it too!

testing