Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

Oh, I love the movie Chocolat! So underrated! And yes, you have to have some chocolate while watching or it will make you crazy.

Scandal - ahhhh!! Also watched Empire - so good!

How did you like last night's episode? things are about to get crazy!!

I've heard a lot of good things about Empire. It's on my list to watch, along with How to Get Away With Murder

Empire is a really fun show. You might want to check it out. HTGAWM is Awesome!!  One of my fave shows!!  You should def check it out if you like murder mystery type shows.  Let me know what you think if you end up watching either one.  Hope you enjoy them!

Anonymous Insider

Chocolat is my standing Valentines Day movie. Well, before I saw Warm Bodies a couple years ago anyway. So sweet <3.

I loved "Warm Bodies" too-  I'm happy to see that you liked it !

Yes it's so sweet! (Literally ;)) I haven't seen Warm Bodies yet 

Love House of Cards. The shock value alone always gets me!

Now there's a show that I binge on every time a new season comes out!  Love it!!!

I know right. I do wish that they would make Francis a little less one dimensional at times, lately he's only been a villain and I wish we could see more of his soft side 

I agree about the one dimensional observation. Seasons 1 and 2 were better (for me) than three. I think the shock value in Season 1 was what got me hooked. No one was safe!

Yes. I also miss a lot of the old characters and build up! 

Me too!

My hubby and I agree w/u on the Tobias thing.  We wanted her to insist he go w/her until it was safe...which is never, so we could had him as a long time character.  Hope he's cast in future episodes.  He was pretty down with what was happening.

Totally, he seemed like an alright kid, and he seemed smart. Maybe he'll show up later.

Anyone watching Narcos on Netflix?

My husband watched it, so I saw parts of a few episodes. My hubby loved it, and based on the parts I saw, I plan on watching the whole season. The fact that it's primarily in Spanish makes it more authentic, but reading all those subtitles can be a little taxing. Are you watching it?

Yes and I really am enjoying it. I agree about it being in Spanish makes it feel authentic. I speak Spanish but glance at the subtitles too. If a show has a lot of subtitles, I have to really want to watch it so I feel you!

The acting is superb and I'm enjoying the little characteristics of Escobar.  Netflix series are usually my favorites.

did you start from the beginning yet?

Not just yet. I have to wait til my hubby goes back to work, since he's already seen all of them. Btw, I'm jealous, I really wish I was bilingual. I took French in high school, a million years ago. Not that I can say anything other than my name now. I should've taken Spanish...you get way more practical use out of it!

Mine is gong to be out of work from surgery for three weeks so I will probably restart it from the beginning. That and House of Cards, he will love that one too.  We binged Weeds several years ago and that was a great series also, oh and Breaking Bad!

I took Spanish in high school and a little in college but was terrible at it. Then I lived where Spanish was the primary language and that total immersion is how I learned.  Wish I knew French so I could go to Paris and not be a typical tourist trying to order something!

We LOVE, LOVE,LOVE House of Cards!!!  Binge on it when it's released. I think we finished last season in like 3 days.   I loved Weeds when I used to watch it. Thought about looking into it again, but I can't remember where I left off.  Oh well, the next time I'm out of shows I'll try and figure it out.

Really sorry to hear ur hubby had to have surgery, I hope he's feeling better.  Is having him around and under foot constantly driving you crazy yet?  Hehehe 🙂

My husband absolutely Loved Breaking Bad!!!  I watched about 4 seasons and then started watching other stuff. Chad thinks I'm crazy for not having finished it....Maybe I will....someday.

I took French for 2 years and I would be just as lost as the next guy if I ever got to visit the country.  Sadly, I can tell you my name, ask yours, find a bathroom, call someone a pig....etc.  Not a lot of help really.  I would absolutely sound like a tourist.   Doesn't mean I wouldn't totally LOVE to go there someday!!!  🙂

I've heard being thrown into another culture is the best way to learn another language.   Kinda cool, but I would be absolutely terrified.  I hope you had friends where you went. That would make it easier, I think.  Interesting, where did you move to?

1 Reply
testing