Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

She was!! I know Burke was controversial off the show and I don't agree with what he said, but I looooved Burke and Yang together. He brought out her more sensitive side. And then when she took her new job and we got to see him again! I was so happy!

Just started (ok I'm on episode 11) of How to Get Away With Murder - love it!!!

love HTGAWM!!! It took me a few episodes to start enjoying it, but it's my new favorite:)

I don't remember how many episodes there are in the first season, but the finale is so, so good!

Ahhh - I can't wait until I have time to sit down and finish it - hopefully Monday!

1. Suits - just watched the season finale and cried my eyes out

2. Bachelor in Paradise - I'm sure next week will be the most dramatic rose ceremony ever! (PS. Cannot wait for the Ben H to be the bachelor next season... he's pretty much my dream man)

3. Devious Maids - based on how crazy the last episode was I'm guessing that was also the finale 😞

Bachelor in Paradise is my favorite guilty pleasure! It's been so full of drama this season! My husband normally begrudgingly watches the Bachelor franchise shows with me, but he's even into it this season;)

I just finished watching all 6 seasons of The Good Wife on Amazon Prime and I've watched a couple The Mindy Project episodes while I'm trying to figure out what to watch next. (That's the show I watch a couple here, a couple there, but it gets old real fast.) So, I have several that I watched the first season but didn't get any further and I'm trying to decide which one to start now: Suits (watched the first two seasons), Downton Abbey (watched the first 4 seasons), Bates Motel (just first season), Or I could start something totally new. Decisions, decisions......

Pretty Little Liars. I caught the big reveal, but was still behind so I am trying to get caught up!

Horror movies- Halloween is coming! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Granted I've never seen an episode of Pretty Little Liars, but everytime I hear anyone talk about it, I immediately think of

upload_8926810054235345526.gif

LOL I love Jimmy Fallon!

How can you watch it knowing the punchline?  I was soo far behind and happened to see the reveal on an IG picture after the finale.  Haven't watched it since because doesn't it ruin it?

Yayy for horror movies!!  Any favorites or ones you've recently seen?   I'm always looking for good ones.  On that note what is up with the Netflix horror section?  They must have such a broad definition of the term "horror" because a lot of those movies are in no way scary.

No doubt guzelkiz! Netflix horror section is so lame. I love scary movies. Not chop you up gross horror stuff. I like spoooooky stuff. Ghost movies are my favorite. I like movies that build tension, show you little teasers of something in the background, then BOOM! Scare me to death. I loved the first Paranormal Activity. I couldn't sleep for two days. My husband even rigged stuff around the house which scared me even more 😄

i would love suggestions on scary movies myself. Nightmare on Elm Street, Ths Shining, Poltergeist...they all scared me back in the day but I've seen them too many times. I need some good, new horror. 

I'm exactly the same!  I'm more into paranormal type scary movies.  Agreed about Paranormal Activity.  I made the mistake of watching it on a dark stormy day and had to sleep with the lights on for days.  Everyone makes fun of me about it.

I am obsessed with The Shining.  It's a great movie!  So on Netflix I haven't seen too many that were actually good but here's a few: The Shrine, Babadook, The Awakening, Oculus, Taking of Deborah Logan (totally freaked me out), Devil's Door (actually I never finished this one because there was a scene where one character is standing there with their back to another and I got so creeped out but I could tell this is a good one), and Apartment 1303.  If you have any other recs let me know.  

Oohhh now you have my interest piqued. Must watch Taking of Deborah Logan and Devil's Door now. I'm creeped out already LOL!  I watched Babadook but I don't think I've seen the others you mentioned. I watch a lot of them but they're so forgettable, I forget the names. 

I liked the first Insidious. The sequel was ok. Also The Exorcist. Still scares me to this day, every single time. Have you seen The Cabin In The Woods?

When you watch them let me know.  Yeah I know I forgot a lot of the names also.  They are really forgettable.

I still cannot rewatch The Exorcist (the original one).  I haven't seen Insidious.  I think Netflix has #2 but not #1?  I think did see Cabin In the Woods but I can't remember if it was good or not.

Cabin in the Woods - I don't want to give a single thing away. It's gory, but the story is awesome. A totally new spin on horror. Not really scary, to me at least, but a great movie nonetheless. I think you'd remember this one. 

I've never seen Cabin in the Woods, but heard it was made for like $50K and ended up being one of the most profitable movies of all time. 

Whoever wrote it (now I'm going to have to go look) was much better known for something completely unrelated - like invented Craigslist or something. I'm thinking of a different movie apparently? (Yes - Cabin Fever, but I can't find who the person was - I think whoever it was bankrolled it.)

I don't do horror movies at all anymore. The Ring, no joke, scarred me for life. My dad dragged me to the theater to see it telling me it was a "suspense thriller" and the scene where they find the teenage girl in the closet straight up changed my life. Even Bloody Disgusting, or whatever that website is that is sort of the epicenter for horror movies always has it on its annual list of scariest scenes. And unlike the other scenes on the list, they won't even show the girl, they just give you a link. 

I will say though, when B2S bought the last nail tip ring and someone's comment caused me to go find a gif of The Ring, even the gifs f*cking scared the sh!t out of me!

My only recommendation, and it's not super horror-y in a bloody/gory sense, is Identity. Though the ending is the only movie other than The Ring to cause me to lose sleep at night. I literally couldn't close my eyes without seeing it. But I enjoyed the movie so much (and still think it's underrated) that I took a friend to see it in the theater, but walked out right before the scene and waited for him in the lobby. #wimp (I've since watched the ending multiple times because, you know, I'm an adult and movies aren't real.)

etscore - you must watch "The Innocents".  It stars Deborah Karr.  It is a black and white movie....

Why?! I'm not completely against classical horror (The Shining is one of my favorite movies all time), but I'm SUCH a wimp after The Ring, you can't even begin to understand!

Wow I haven't seen Identity.  I must check it out.

As for The Ring - I remember it scared me but not as much as other movies I've seen.  I watch a lot of horror movies so I am pretty desensitized but sometimes it's pathetic.  If I get scared enough I'll sleep with all the lights on sometimes for a week.   I don't remember which movie it was but I watched it at night when I was alone (everyone was out of town and my husband was pulling yet another all nighter).  I had to call my sister in law to come and stay with me.  Sigh.

Ah ok.  I read the plot on imdb but I couldn't remember it.

3 Replies
testing