Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!

It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons. 

DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs. 

Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it. 

phoenix

So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 

Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)

That's so cool! And LOL, I know. We are the same height because I'm about 5'6 too;) 

My favorite series right now is Ancient Aliens on History Channel.  Love it.  I love the marathons, and I fall asleep most nights to episode: Destination Orion.  It's so relaxing.

Another series I watch constantly is When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions.  It's a few years old, on Amazon, and only 6 episodes, but another relaxing programme.

I'm also a fan of Teen Mom 2 and Catfish.. Some nights I have low standards.

I don't watch alot if TV because we hardly have any channels! But one of my favorite favorite shows ever, and it will probably be ending soon, is Extreme Makeover Weight loss edition. I LOVE that show! It's so inspiring and amazing to see peoples transformations! 

Oh, and this will probably sound childish, but has anyone seen the cute preview for the new Charlie Brown (Peanuts) movie?!?!? I love classics and cannot wait to see this! 

I also hands down have mentioned many times on BT that I love I Love Lucy. 🙂 

My boyfriend and I have been watching The Office on Netflix for almost a whole year, and we're almost on the last season! We will go through phases where we watch four episodes a day, then go two weeks without watching it. It has to be one of my favorite shows EVER. I've literally cried laughing at this show multiple times! I seriously HIGHLY recommend it to any of you that haven't watched it.

I also recently started binge watching RuPaul's Drag Race! It really reminds me of America's Next Top Model, but with drag queens instead. The queens compete in challenges such as creating drag looks inspired by celebs, or making commercials. It's absolutely hilarious and extremely over the top! This show is great but I'm sure it's not for everyone 🙂 

ALSO rewatching Gossip Girl....again.....for the third time. Don't judge me. 

As for movies, I recently saw The Gift in theaters. I am so confused about how this movie got AMAZING reviews. Don't get me wrong, it's a ~good~ movie, but it's not great. There are definitely lots of creepy moments and you'll be on the edge of your seat, but the plot kind of goes nowhere and the ending sucked. I'm guessing they'll make a second movie with the way they ended it. 

If you haven't watched Parks & Recreation yet, you need to. I loved The Office for about 4 seasons, at which point it started a bit too downhill for me. And while Parks & Rec season 1 is, to be frank, quite bad upon first viewing, it's very much along the same lines as The Office.

The advantage Parks & Rec has on The Office, however, is that every. single. character. on Parks & Rec is absolutely hilarious in their own right. 

I totally agree that The Office started to go downhill...it was still entertaining/funny enough for me to watch though.

I'll have to give Parks & Rec another chance! I only saw a bit of the first episode, and I guess I just wasn't interested enough to keep watching. I've heard great things about it though and I really like all of the actors in it! How many episodes are the seasons, usually?  

Yes, first season of Parks was brutal. I quit watching it. Then I happened upon an episode up in season 2 and saw they'd hit their stride. If you can suffer through season 1 , it's totally worth the pain. It's on of my favorite shows of all time. 

What pixi said! Season 1 is only 6 episodes, thankfully. The only genuine laugh I remember is when Andy gets his cast off and they find all the stuff he stuck in it. And actually, season 1 is better once you've seen the other seasons because you can at least view the characters for who they become, even though they haven't gotten there yet. 

But I would say, hands down, character by character, Parks and Rec beats out The Office. Granted part of The Office's charm is that their job is so boring in itself that you're not going to get some of the other character profiles, but that didn't stop Parks and Rec from creating exactly who they wanted the characters to be. Really don't mean to knock The Office, I got through 4 seasons before trailing off (life got in the way), and 2 and 3 are incredibly funny. I think my favorite was the Meredith Palmer Fun Run episode. 

Hey Elena, I would never judge you for re-watching GG.  I do it all the time!  You know that already though 😉

Hahah, so glad there's another gg junkie on here! Just can't get enough of chuck & blair 😛 

xoxo ..Gossip Girl 😉 

About a month ago my husband and I discovered this crazy new thing called "Netflix" and we have been on TV series spree watching everything we missed out by not having cable. Right now we are watching the whole series of Damages. Before that we went through House of Cards and before that we watched Mad Men. Don't know where we are going next but man having a lot of fun!

Weeds on Netflix and Bates Motel

This is some serious TV! I am embarrassed to say I am just watching Big Brother.  Lol!

Waiting for Narcos to start on Netflix. (AUG 28)

Plata o Plomo????  Best line ever!

The last movie I saw was Straight Outta Compton. Really entertaining! I was surprised at how good it was.

Anonymous Insider

After hearing all the hoopla about Empire, I started watching yesterday. Halfway through the first episode, I was starting to understand why people like it so much.  Been having a little marathon all day.  It got interrupted when hubs and I watched Episode 3 of John Adams.  Watching Veep, too, when we need a little lightheartedness.

Looking forward to many shows, but mostly Walking Dead, then Ash vs. Evil Dead.  😄  Luv my zombies!

My bf and I have been hooked on empire since it started airing. New season should be starting soon. 

Anonymous Insider

Just finished it!  LOL

Looking forward to the new season.  🙂

I am watching the Hotwives of Orlando and Las Vegas. They are both parodies of the Real Housewives franchise with the same actresses on both shows playing different characters. It is HILARIOUS. On Hulu.

Anonymous Insider

Loved the Orlando one.  Still warming up to Las Vegas, but it's promising.

The wicken (dont think i spelled that right) girl is so funny. O and the trashy pregnant one. I die.

I just finished Orlando yesterday and thought it was hysterical. I love love love Casey Wilson and hate that her shows keep getting cancelled (Happy Endings/Marry Me). 

testing