Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you listening to?

Makeup is my second love, but music has always been my first! Despite not being musically inclined at all, I am obsessed! I don't go a day, or usually a few hours, without listening to music. I love the fact that a song can trigger so many emotions, memories, and completely change your mood.  I am on a never ending search for new artists, so tell me: What are you listening to right now? Do you have a favorite record/band/song? 

Re: What are you listening to?

I haven't been keeping up with new music the way I used to because I think I'm too old for music festivals these days, and I find myself just listening to newer music from old favorites, like Grizzly Bear, The Shins, Nikki Lane, Iron & Wine. 

Spotify has really gotten me back into exploring @txcatx! I don't go to concerts or festivals much lately anymore either so I tend to listen to old faves as well.

RE: What are you listening to?

I'm currently going through my Our Lady Peace selection. They've been one of my favorite bands since the mid-90's when I "borrowed" my brothers cd.

I've been on an Adam and The Ants kick for about a week. Yesterday I started working in all the old emo hits into my music rotation, because nostalgia.

Re: RE: What are you listening to?

Old emo yessss @cindyvonlovely! I've been  listening to a lot of my old favorites again recently and it makes me so happy. I love the emo revival! 

RE: Re: RE: What are you listening to?

Yes! It brings back all kinds of old memories ❤️
Anonymous Insider

I constantly have Post Malone's Stoney album on shuffle, and repeat. I am also really digging all I want by kodaline. (Btw I love music a lot too and getting a membership to Spotify was the best decision ever!)

Re: RE: What are you listening to?

Spotify pro is soooo worth it @Anonymous!

currently obsessed over The Internet and H.E.R. and i kee...

currently obsessed over The Internet and H.E.R. and i keep redbone by childish gambino on steady rotation🎶stay woke 🎵

So I've been completely obsessed with T Swift's new song, Look What You Made Me Do. But I'm the same way, I can't go a single day without music. At my lowest points in life music was there for me. I literally listen to everything! Lately these have been my tastes:

Pop: T Swift, Ed Sheeran, Fergie, & yes Miley

Country: Chris Stapleton, Cody Jinks, Dan Tyminski, Chris Knight & The Steeldrivers

Blues: The Black Keys, Patrick Sweany, & Kaleo

Indie Rock: The Neighbourhood, Artic Monkeys, & Lorde

Rock: Seether, FFDP, Halestorm, Metallica, Soundgarden, & Tool

What I call soft rock (lol): Nora Jones, John Mayor, Michael Buble, & Amy Winehouse

Rap/Hip-hop: Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Rittz, Rocko, Tech N9ne & T.I.

I enjoy listening to twenty one pilots. However, I'm not as much of a fan of their new songs as I am of their older album, Vessel. I like some electronic, trap, and glitch hop artists, like marshmello, TheFatRat, and Shawn Wasabi, as well.

there is nofavroute one. in every culture i have one! good to have many favorites!

Im listening to For King and Country,Mandisa,Hillsong, anything by Chaka Khan and Minnie Riperton

RE: Re: What are you listening to?

LOVE IT @hawkwoman!!!!!
Anonymous Insider

I love Slow Hands by Nial Horan

Right now I can't stop listening to Simple Song by The Shins.

Such a good song @Samtian! The shins are a major fave 

I love Anthem Lights and Royal Tailor and For King and Country and Elevation Worship and Colton Dixon and TobyMac and Britt Nicole and Rend Collective.
Anonymous Insider

I enjoy the music of Brandon Heath, Yiruma and Sting😌

@Anonymous I also share your love for Brandon Heath.

My Favorites right now are Elle King - her Love Stuff album is probably the only cd I own where there isn't a single song I skip - The Pretty Reckless, Troye Sivan, and Hey Violet.

And a couple standalone songs I'm loving right now are Come First by Terror jr, Cut to the Feeling by Carly Rae Jepsen, and So Good by Lousia Johnson

72 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_1019686972251791922.jpg
  • IMG_2773.JPG
  • IMG_2780.JPG
  • IMG_2782.JPG
  • IMG_2781.JPG
testing