Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

What Community Groups would you like to see added?

Hi all!

This is a place for everyone to post their interests in additional groups! 

RE: What Community Groups would you like to see added?

I love all the groups on here and get a lot of great information from them but....I would love to see a group for older women, say over 50! Just because we're older doesn't mean we don't wear make-up any more or take care of our skin! We enjoy a good discussion as well as the younger people plus we just might be able to give the younger set a few pointers or advice, just as they could help us! I'm well aware that some of the younger participants would rather we just go away, and they let us know we aren't welcome, on occasion, I've come the conclusion that we older ladies have a lot to offer and say and we can help too, if need be! So how about it MODS????!!! Do us older ladies and men too deserve a group? I agree with one of the other commenters that some people post the same question many times in different groups but maybe we should give these people the benefit of the doubt, maybe no one has answered their question or offered help and they post on different groups for help! When it comes right down to it, we're all going to get older!

Re: What Community Groups would you like to see added?

Several groups* need to be collapsed into one (like the oily, dry, & combo skin groups either need to be in one "Skin Type" group or thrown in with the "Skincare Aware" group.  

Otherwise the last thing that's needed is more groups.  As it stands the same questions are being asked across a number of groups making it difficult for those who take time to use the search bar to find legitimate threads that may house the answer(s) to their inquiry.  Unfortunately the number of existing groups already counteract the "community" aspect of the board and adding more would only make that fragmentation far worse.

RE: What Community Groups would you like to see added?

I would like an "exchange makeup" group. I have tons of good new makeup that I don't use. They were gifted and don't need them. Can we exchange? ☺️

@missnohelia have you checked out some of the trade threa...

@missnohelia have you checked out some of the trade threads? If you search Trade in the conversation, you'll find them. There is one for September and October 2017.

It looks like the trade thread is in the VIB group. I'm h...

It looks like the trade thread is in the VIB group. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to post the link in the app.

Re: @missnohelia have you checked out some of the trade threa...

where are these threads? I'm having trouble searching for them.

Re: @missnohelia have you checked out some of the trade threa...

Hi @berlingot 

Sadly the number of one and done threads make it difficult to find the true gems within the community.  On the "Conversations" page you can type "trades" into the search bar.  It will generate a few threads but to see all of the relevant threads you'll need to click the magnifying glass.  

Anonymous Insider

I would love it if there was a group for women of color. That was the first group I tried searching for when I learned about these message boards because it's so difficult to find complexion products that suit me. I also just love learning about new brands that cater to many skin tones the way Fenty Beauty and Sephora's brand do. 

RE: Re: What Community Groups would you like to see added?

I second a WOC group!

Ohhhh. A group for newcomer rando questions. Liiiiike what palette to buy, where are my samples, how do I tie my online and in store accounts etc. etc. y'know.....the threads that pop up a lot.....

Please, no more. The more groups there are, the more places there are for people to keep posting the same questions over and over again in different groups to try to get other people to respond.

Once Sephora does a better job grouping duplicate threads together and moderating the forums, then additional groups can be explored. 

Agreed  - there are enough groups already. I think it would best to consolidate some of the skincare groups

@k617

I second this!

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 58 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing