Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Wednesday Questions!

i feel like we haven't had these in a couple days, so here they are for Wednesday Smiley Happy

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm?

5.) Best kind of bubblegum?

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!

1.) Over the weekend i went to teavana and i found a teapot that i loved, the guy went to tell me it was 85.00 plus tax, i ended up buying it...as i was walking to my car i thought what a bad purchase it was an returned it right away lol 

2.) i feel like i'm much younger then everyone else on here, but i was in 3rd grade in class, everyone was really scared but i didnt really know what was going on.

3.) Purity Facewash Gel, its the only thing i can find strong enough to remove my eye makeup in one step. i've been using it for years and then i recently heard a bunch of you day you wernt a fan, i was surprised

4.) Yes, i have the wrap around leather one, and i have a charm my dad gave me with a crown that says my princess on it Smiley Happy

5.) I liked big red when it was around, i can never find it anywhere anymore.

6.) Winter! 

Re: Wednesday Questions!

Can you remember how flying was before 9/11?  I could arrive at the airport 30 minutes before my flight and be OK.  If it wasn't for my status, I would miss out on those extra minutes of sleep...

Security was a breeze, no taking off shoes or jackets.  No worry about liquids, gels, scissors or Swiss Army knives.  I still think its iod that I can take full size metal knitting needles on board but a guy can't have a Swiss Army knife. 

I flew to Venice, Italy a couple of months before 9/11.  Scariest airport I have ever been too!  First the plane just stopped after landing, dropped the stairs and you walked to the airport itself.  When we all went inside their military was there to greet us with their machine guns and German Shepard's barking the whole time while we waited for our luggage to arrive. 

I have flown once since then to NYC- completely different nowadays.  But I am happy to go through the security so long as they are doing their jobs appropriately.

btw- how can you not smile at Richard Simmons!

1. I bought a pair of ridiculously expensive pink Salvatore Ferragamo heels when I was in the Bahamas, I was much younger and my style has changed so much I rarely wear them ):

2. I was in school (2nd grade) and I really don't remember much but when I came home my dad was soooo upset (being a Marine at the time) which I thought was weird because it was his birthday

3. BB cream! I guess it just doesn't work for some people but it has literally changed my makeup life, it just looks so natural and makes my skin look 1000x better even when I take it off

4. Yes! my favorite is my Buddha charm

5. I don't chew gum anymore, I used to 24/7 but I couldn't after I got my tongue web pierced and never really got back into gum

6. Winter! I love being able to wear huge coats (:

Omg i love the buddha bead!

1.) I tend to be careful with spending but I'm sure there was a pair or two of shoes along the way.

2.) I was home and then calling my boyfriend (now husband) but the phones in the newsroom were slammed and I couldn't get through for hours.  Didn't see him for a couple days because of the non-stop coverage.

3.) Vaseline/petrolatum.  It gets a bad rap.

4.) No.

5.) None.

6.) Fall, pretty colors, little snow.

1. i can honestly say i have never spent a ridiculous amount of money on anything, i've always been a bargain hunter.

2. yeah i remember, i hate reliving it every year though, i'd rather focus on the healing.

3. Hope in  Jar moisturizer

4. i don't

5. Trident

6. Fall because its not too cold and its easy to put a very chic outfit together.

1. The Urban Decay BoS 4. I was super excited for it and I've only used 1 color out of it. Smiley Sad

2. I was in the 1st grade and I was saying the pledge when the first plane hit the first tower. My dad was supposed to be on the plane that hit the North tower but he overslept and missed the flight. My mom couldn't get a hold of him until a few days later and was in hysterics.  My friend's dad was also supposed to be on the plane that hit the Pentagon (he was a flight attendant back then) but he was moved to the flight that was the day before.

3. Any of the Clarisonics. I love my Mia. It helps keep my cystic acne down and greatly improved the texture and reduced the hyperpigmentation of my skin.

4. I do not have a Pandora bracelet.

5. I love Trident. It's the only gum I chew.

6. Fall!! I love seeing all the upcoming trends and fashions from Fashion Week. I would love to go to both the Spring and Fall weeks just once.

I am so thankful for you that your Dad overslept- that must have been so terrifying for your family, I can't even imagine.

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

Hmm, nothing stands out in my mind, although I seem to having a reaction to something in my recent skincare purchases--I'm so over this sensitive skin/weird allergies thing.  Not really ready to overhaul YET AGAIN
2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

Yep.  Retail days (after college, while I was trying to figure out what to do with my life).  Opening manager at Limited Too at the Danbury Fair Mall in CT.  Didn't find out about it until almost 10 because my shift started at 8am and there was no radio in the store.
3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

So far, I've been impressed with Purity Made Simple, but a recent flare up of something is making me reconsider
4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm? 

I'm not really a huge jewelry person in general, so no.
5.) Best kind of bubblegum?

Was never into bubblegum
6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!

Fall.  I love the smell in the air, the colors of the leaves and the slight chill in the air without it being ridiculously cold

60 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • tumblr_lfpclipiB71qd7uzco1_500.jpg