Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Hi ladies!

Since no one has given us questions to answer for the day I decided to take the liberty of doing some myself just for kicks.

1. How would you describe your personal style?

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

I had hoards of stuffed animals when I was a kid!  If I looked back at pictures I bet I could still recall their names.

I laughed out loud when I read that line in one of David Sedaris' books.  "Hey!  I'm good at those things too!"  Glad it finally came up.  Smiley Happy

1.  Grown up Goth, with splashes of color mainly my nails

2.  I've been doing my own nails since 5th grade & when I do my nails now they are professional grade & last about 5 days with no chips Smiley Happy

3.  I used to drive trams at the NC Zoo, so fun

4.  Earning Insider points for hearts

5.  Playing Skyrim!

1. Comfortable and laid back but still trendy

2. Hmm...I worked at Panera for six years and was certified in five of the six areas. AKA I am very picky about how I make my sandwiches and salads!! Fluff, fluff, fluff!

3. I don't know that I've ever really had an ODD job. I did do an internship at a bar doing event planning and marketing. THAT was fun!

4. I'd have to agree on the live chat!

5. Most recently, doing the ab challenge (day 27 today..thank gosh!) and watching my extremely guilty pleasure of The Challenge: Rivals on MTV (I'm such a sucker, I can't stop watching these regardless of how many seasons it has been!!)

1. How would you describe your personal style?

Romantic and retro with frequent touches of hobo chic Smiley Happy.

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

I'm trained in Graphology! I can tell a lot about an individuals personality and character traits just by looking at their handwriting. It is somewhat of a 'conversation' skill, but can often reveal things that an individual may not want others to know about...like trauma or lies.

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

I was an undercover retail store detective for 5 years. Stressful stuff especially when people would resist.

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

Chat rooms would be fun! Or even like a skype styled chat room for when we have special guests from brands (like Kat Von D).

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Usually Wednesday is my 'rest' day, by midweek my body's exhausted from yoga/the gym. I'll generally reserve the time after I get off for taking a nap or watching a movie in bed; peach cobbler ice cream makes frequent guest appearances on my lounge days.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Oh my goodness, that's an awesome skill! I would love to know how to do that! 

It's super useful. I'd recommend checking out your local book store for a manual or training guide on it. That's a good starting point.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

love being told things about myself that I don't already know!  How much free time do you have and can I submit hand writing samples to you?  Smiley Happy  

@kalex, my days have been extremely busy recently : /. In addition to BeautyTalk the other mods and I wear a lot of different social media channel hats for the company.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

So cool, although now I feel like I have multiple personalities since my hand writing changes from day to day which I always thought was weird but could be just that I'm lazy and other times I want it to look proper. I seemed like the chick to go to back in high school when someone needed a note forged or something written unlike their own *shhh*

Me too - I have 4 different handwriting styles that I regularly use.  I could forge my Mom's signature so well in high school that even she couldn't tell!

71 Replies
Conversation Stats